Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard Review
A frills-free student card from this east coast credit union.
- Get this card if you’re a student and you prefer sticking with Clearview Federal Credit Union for your credit needs.
- Pick something else if you want a student card that offers rewards or if you want a card that can be upgraded to a stronger rewards card down the line.
- Apply with a fair credit score of or greater.
9.24% to 18%
Purchase APR (variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 15 months (then 9.24% to 18% variable)
9.24% to 18%
Balance transfer APR (variable)
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard keeps things short and sweet. It requires no annual fee, has no penalty APR and offers no rewards on purchases. It does however offers 15 months 0% intro APR on balance transfers, reverting to 9.24% to 18% variable.
This card has two main selling points: the 15 months 0% APR on balance transfers and the relatively low variable APR range in tandem with a lack of penalty APR. This makes the card an excellent choice for students that might have some old loans or bills they want to clear out before the next step of their college career.
But without any rewards or a signup bonus to offer, the Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard lags behind some other student card options offered by the larger providers on the market. If you prefer to stick with this credit union this card isn’t a bad choice for simply building your credit score or resolving some debt interest free. Otherwise, check out some other options on the market for better reward potential.
Apply for the Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard at the Clearview site
You can apply for the Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard by doing the following.
- Go to the Clearview Federal Credit Union website.
- Click the hamburger icon on the menu bar.
- Click Spend from the drop down menu, followed by Credit cards.
- Scroll down to Student Mastercard and click Learn more.
- Click Apply and fill out the requested information.
- If you’re not a member of the Clearview Federal Credit Union, you’ll need to sign up before you can apply.
Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard benefits
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this credit card.
- Intro balance transfer offer. This card offers 15 months 0% intro APR on balance transfers made before October 31, 2021. Balance left over afterwards reverts to 9.24% to 18% variable.
- No penalty APR. You won’t incur a penalty APR for late or missed payments.
Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard drawbacks
- No rewards. This card doesn’t offer rewards on purchases.
- No intro APR on purchases. While it has an intro APR on balance transfers, it lacks an intro offer on purchases.
- Foreign transaction fees. You’ll pay a2% fee on transactions made abroad with this card.
Clearview Federal Credit Union Student Mastercard customer reviews and complaints
Clearview Federal Credit Union is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and earns an A+ rating as of September 2021. The credit union has just one review on Trustpilot and hasn’t yet claimed their profile on the site but has a 3.6 rating.
Compare student cards
Though not a bad choice for a student card, there are plenty of stronger student card options on the market. Compare your available options before making your choice, especially if you’re looking for rewards or an intro APR on purchases.