Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card vs Discover it® Student Cash Back
Two excellent credit cards with a rewards program for students.
These two are similar student credit cards offer a rewards program and a 0% intro APR period on purchases. The main difference is that you earn accelerated points at supermarkets and gas stations with the Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card, while you earn accelerated cash back on rotating categories each quarter with the Discover it® Student Cash Back.
There are other, smaller differences between the two, which you can find in the table below.
Summary of card features
Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card
- Earn 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 annually
- Earn 1x after that and on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 7 months
Discover it® Student Cash Back
- Good grades reward. Every school year you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, you’ll get a $20 statement credit. This perk is good for up to five years.
- Earn cash back. Earn 5% cash back on categories that rotate each quarter on up to $1,500. After reaching the cap, you earn 1% cash back, which is the same rewards rate you earn on all other purchases.
- Cashback match. At the end of the first year, Discover will match the cash back you earned. This means if you earned $100 in cash back during your first year of card membership, Discover will automatically give you $100 more.
Ask an Expert