Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card vs Discover it® Student Cash Back
Two excellent credit cards with a rewards program for students.
These two are similar student credit cards offer a rewards program and a 0% intro APR period on purchases. The main difference is that you earn accelerated points at supermarkets and gas stations with the Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card, while you earn accelerated cash back on rotating categories each quarter with the Discover it® Student Cash Back.
There are other, smaller differences between the two, which you can find in the table below.
Summary of card features
Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card
- Earn 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 annually
- Earn 1x after that and on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 7 months
Discover it® Student Cash Back
- Good grades reward. Every school year you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, you’ll get a $20 statement credit. This perk is good for up to five years.
- Earn cash back. Earn 5% cash back on categories that rotate each quarter on up to $1,500. After reaching the cap, you earn 1% cash back, which is the same rewards rate you earn on all other purchases.
- Cashback match. At the end of the first year, Discover will match the cash back you earned. This means if you earned $100 in cash back during your first year of card membership, Discover will automatically give you $100 more.
More guides on Finder
OakStone Platinum Secured Mastercard® review
Build credit with this secured credit card.
Live Oak Bank Business Savings account review
This online-only business savings account lets you build your savings with a high APY and no fees.
Continental Bank High Yield Savings account review
This online savings account has no fees and earns 0.45% APY on your total balance.
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get Wyndham benefits with elite status.
Bellwether Smart Rewards Card review
Earn flat 1.5x points on everything you buy or save money with a balance transfer.
Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card review
Earn rewards on your Sally Beauty purchases and redeem them for store coupons.
Destiny Mastercard review
An unsecured card for building credit.
Bellwether Smart Rate Card review
Get a balance transfer offer and potentially low-interest rates with this credit-builder card.
Ask an Expert