Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Premier℠ Card vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Choose between raw earning or reward flexibility.
When it comes to rewards earning, the Citi Premier℠ Card flexes its muscles over the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. The Citi Premier℠ Card earns 3x points on travel and gas, 2x points on dining and entertainment and 1x points on everything else. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card on the other hand earns 2x points on travel and dining and 1x points on everything else.
Which card should you choose?
Citi Premier℠ Card
- Strong signup bonus
- Earn accelerated points on travel, gas, dining and entertainment
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $750 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert