Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Premier® Card vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Choose between raw earning or reward flexibility.
When it comes to rewards earning, the Citi Premier® Card flexes its muscles over the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. The Citi Premier® Card earns 3x points at restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, flights and hotels and 1x points on everything else. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card on the other hand earns 2x points on travel and dining and 1x points on everything else.
Summary of card features
Citi Premier® Card
- Strong signup bonus
- Earn accelerated points on dining, groceries, gas, flights and hotels
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $1,000 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare credit cards
More guides on finder
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Tiller Money review
Do you use a spreadsheet to manage your budget? Automate it with Tiller Money.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get complimentary elite status.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get Wyndham benefits with elite status.
Petal 1 "No Annual Fee" Visa® Credit Card Review
Rebuild your credit for no annual fee.
Bask Bank Savings review
American Airlines loyals can earn free miles with this savings account.
Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card review
Earn rewards on your Sally Beauty purchases and redeem them for store coupons.
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Secured review
Earn cash back on your purchases and build your credit.
cred.ai Visa card review
A no-annual-fee card with tools to protect your funds and build credit.
Destiny Mastercard review
An unsecured card for building credit.
Ask an Expert