Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card vs Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
Two solid rewards cards, but the Chase pulls ahead.
Summary of card features
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $1,000 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Signup bonus. Get 25,000 bonus points — worth in statement credit — once you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of card membership.
- Earn points. Earn unlimited 1.5x points on everything you buy. Redeem points for statement credit, flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars or baggage fees.
- Intro APR period on purchases. Enjoy a 0% intro APR period on purchases for the first 12 statement closing dates. After that, a variable APR of 14.99% to 22.99% applies.
Compare travel credit cards
More guides on finder
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get complimentary elite status.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get Wyndham benefits with elite status.
Petal 1 "No Annual Fee" Visa® Credit Card Review
Rebuild your credit for no annual fee.
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Secured review
Earn cash back on your purchases and build your credit.
cred.ai Visa card review
A no-annual-fee card with tools to protect your funds and build credit.
Destiny Mastercard review
An unsecured card for building credit.
Bellwether Smart Rate Card review
Get a balance transfer offer and potentially low-interest rates with this credit-builder card.
Goalsetter Cashola card review
The Cashola card can help your kids save, but is it right for your family?
Ask an Expert