Card.com Visa Prepaid Card review
Rein in your day-to-day spending with this personalized reloadable card.
- Sign up for this card for nationwide ATM access and multiple ways to load your card without a credit check.
- Pick something else if you plan to deposit less than $1,000 a month — otherwise, you’ll pay a monthly maintenance fee.
Signature transaction fee
PIN transaction fee
Katia Iervasi is a writer from sunny Sydney, Australia. Her writing — and curiosity — has taken her around the world, and she now calls chaotic, creative New York home. With a journalistic eye for detail, she navigates insurance, mortgages and finance for Finder, so you can splash your cash smartly (and be a pro when the subject pops up at dinner parties).
The Card.com Visa prepaid card is best for those who want nationwide ATM access and ways to load a debit card without a credit check.
But if you deposit less than $1,000 a month, you’ll pay $9.95.
What is card.com?
The Card.com Visa Prepaid Card packs a punch with over 1,000 personalized card designs to choose from. As a card holder, you’ll enjoy early direct deposits and fee-free access to over 32,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide. But you’ll need at least $1,000 in direct deposits to waive the monthly fee.
What you’ll like about the Card.com Visa Prepaid Card
The Card.com Visa Prepaid Card doesn’t require a credit check and boasts a slew of benefits, including fraud protection from unauthorized transactions and a handy mobile app that lets you manage transactions, upload checks and search for ATMs, as well as:
- Variety of design options. Choose the look of your card from an extensive gallery of more than 1,000 fun designs.
- Speedy signup. Apply in a matter of minutes, and pay no fee to order or activate your personalized prepaid card.
- One simple plan. Card.com lets you open up to three card accounts with three different designs for a flat $9.95 monthly fee. But the fee is waived when you make at least $1,000 in monthly direct deposits across all accounts.
- Fee-free ATMs. Use your card at more than 39,000 MoneyPass ATMs across the country to withdraw cash.
- No minimum balance. You can load as little as you need onto your card — up to a maximum of $15,000.
- Early direct deposits. Card.com lets you access funds as soon as they’re loaded onto your account, which means you could receive your paycheck or federal benefits up to two days faster at no extra charge.
- Multiple ways to reload. Add cash to your card by direct deposit, bank transfers, checks, card-to-card transfers and virtual wallet transfers from PayPal or Google Wallet. Or visit a Western Union or Green Dot location with cash.
What to watch out for
The Card.com prepaid card may be popular, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. Weigh a few of its drawbacks against your needs.
- Not nationwide. This card isn’t available in Connecticut or Vermont. If you move to one of those states, Card.com may close the card and return the remaining balance to you.
- Limited support. Help is available only by phone weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
- Reload and withdraw limits. Card-to-card transfers can’t exceed $300 a day, Western Union cash loads are limited to $900 a day and you can’t withdraw more than $500 from an TM each day.
- Ongoing costs. On top of the $9.95 monthly fee, you’ll pay $2.95 for each withdrawal at an ATM overseas or outside the MoneyPass network, $0.95 for each balance inquiry at an out-of-network ATM, $1.95 for paper statements and $7.95 to replace a lost or stolen card. There’s also an over-the-counter withdrawal fee of $2.95 per transaction, and a 2.95% foreign transaction fee.
If you prefer a prepaid card with minimal fees, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a prepaid card.
Compare with other prepaid cards
What do customers say about Card.com?
Card.com has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2014 and boasts an A rating.
But customer reviews tell a different story. The BBB has registered 203 complaints in the past three years, most relating to problems with products and services. As of April 2020, Card.com earns 1.1 stars based on 33 reviews.
On TrustPilot, Card.com earns a 4.5-star rating based on 23,760 reviews. Customers praise the simple signup, informative website and friendly customer service team. Some say the card is ideal for everyday expenses.
How to apply for the Card.com Visa Prepaid Card
Applying for a card is simple: all you need to do is hop online and fill out an online order form. If Card.com can verify your identity, you’ll be approved within minutes. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Card.com website.
- Select Choose Your Card.
- Choose your design. There are thousands on offer, so press See more if you need other options.
- Enter your first name, last name and email address. Click Next.
- Provide your address, date of birth and identifying documents.
The Card.com Visa Prepaid Card isn’t open to Vermont and Connecticut residents. But it’s open to any other US citizen or resident who is at least 18 years old.
Have the following information on hand when you apply for this card:
- Your full name, address and date of birth.
- Government-issued ID, such as your driver’s license, state ID or passport.
How long will it take to get my debit card?
You can expect to receive your card in seven to 10 business days. Once you activate your card online or over the phone, you’ll be able to load funds onto it and use it immediately.
I have the card. Now what?
Make the most of your new Card.com prepaid card with easy reloads, including options that can help you avoid the monthly fee.
- Load money online. Deposit funds from an external bank account, upload and deposit checks on an app or transfer funds from an eligible digital wallet.
- Set up direct deposit. Enroll in direct deposit through your customer account. You can automatically deposit all or part of your employer paycheck and any government benefits.
- Avoid fees. Keep fees low by depositing at least $1,000 into your account each month, opting for electronic statements, sending funds through direct deposit or ACH transfers and using only MoneyPass ATMs.
- Get help. Call 866-345-4520 weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT, email email@example.com or send a message on Facebook or Twitter. If your card is lost or stolen, report it 24/7 online or over the phone.