Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® vs United℠ Explorer Card
Two strong travel cards for those who spend big on travel.
When it was available, the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® offered a flat 2x miles on all purchases – perhaps too good to last. The United℠ Explorer Card earns 2x miles at restaurants, hotels and United purchases and 1x miles on all other purchases.
Summary of card features
Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®
- Stellar signup bonus
- Flat rewards on all purchases
- 5% miles back when redeeming
- Intro APR on balance transfers
United℠ Explorer Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $3,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Rewards. Earn 2x miles on United purchases, eligible hotel stays and restaurant spending. Earn 1x miles on all other purchases.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit. Get up to $100 credit once every for years to cover for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert