Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Choose between two cards with great sign up bonuses
When the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® was available, this was a showdown of rewards preferences: 2x miles on all purchases with the Barclay card or 2x on travel and dining and 1x on everything else with the Chase. Now you’ll need to look to one of Barclaycard’s cobranded offerings for a comparable rewards card from the issuer.
Which card should you choose?
Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®
- Stellar signup bonus
- Flat rewards on all purchases
- 5% miles back when redeeming
- Intro APR on balance transfers
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $750 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare similar credit cards
Ask an Expert