Greenwood Bank is a mobile banking platform aimed at keeping wealth in the Black and Latinx community. While its spending and savings accounts have attractive features including no opening deposit or balance requirements, they’re still unavailable to the general public until 2022.
What banking products does Greenwood Bank offer?
Greenwood Bank offers two types of bank accounts:
- Checking account. The Greenwood Spending account is a checking account with no minimum deposit, no balance requirements and no monthly fees.
- Savings account. The Greenwood Savings account lets you earn interest on your entire balance.
How does Greenwood Bank compare to other banks?
Greenwood Bank accounts haven’t launched yet, but here’s what we know.
- Minimal fees. Enjoy no overdraft penalties or monthly fees with a Greenwood account.
- No minimums. Both the Greenwood Spending and Savings accounts have no minimum balance or opening deposit requirements.
- Faster access to funds. Greenwood can get your direct deposit paycheck up to two days earlier than other banks.
- Give back. For each new account, Greenwood donates five meals to a family in need through the Goodr Foundation. And through the Greenwood Gives Back Program, you can also automatically donate your spare change to a minority-focused non-profit every time you swipe your debit card.
- No ATM deposits. While you can deposit cash at participating Green Dot locations for a fee, Greenwood doesn’t support deposits at ATMs.
- Inactivity fee. Your account will be billed $4.95 every month after 90 days of inactivity.
- Out-of-network ATM fee. Although you access over 100,000 fee-free ATMs worldwide, you’ll pay $2.50 for all domestic out-of-network withdrawals and $5 for each international out-of-network ATM transaction.
Compare Greenwood Bank with other bank accounts
Greenwood Bank customer service
You can contact Greenwood Bank’s customer support in three ways.
- Fill out the contact form on the bank’s website
- Calling 844-625-1921 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a tweet to @bankgreenwood
Bottom lineGreenwood Bank may be an excellent choice for anyone looking for a digital bank with no hidden fees and no minimum initial deposit. But deposits are limited to digital transfers or by depositing cash at a participating Green Dot location for a fee. If you want to open an account, you can join Greenwood Bank today or explore other Black-owned banks.
More guides on Finder
COLDCARD Mk4 review
Learn about the security features of the COLDCARD Mk4 — a Bitcoin-only hardware wallet.
Gas prices a concern for US households
Gas prices are on the rise, which has the vast majority of Americans worried about what the future holds.
How do ETFs work?
Your simple and straightforward guide to ETFs, how they work and the different types available.
How to short Bitcoin
Learn how you can use various short-selling strategies to further your Bitcoin profits.
Finder Money Newsletter: Jan. 04, 2023
Your place to check out the latest Finder Money Newsletter.
Coinbase Ventures Portfolio assets and market cap
Discover more about the 31 assets in Coinbase Ventures Portfolio and its $484bn market cap.
US personal saving rate in 2023
Data on the personal saving rate in the US.
Disposable income in the US
A breakdown of disposable income stats for the US including historical charts, averages and more.
How to buy stocks online
The best trading apps come with low fees and are easy to use.
Ask an Expert