Aspiration Zero card review
Use this card to offset your carbon footprint and earn 1% back on all purchases.
- Get this card if you want to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Pick something else if you want to earn more rewards.
- Early access, no application requirements listed.
Up to 1%
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Aspiration Zero card is a unicorn in the credit card space because it rewards your purchases as long as you offset your carbon footprint each month. Here’s how it works: You have to make 60 purchases each month. With every purchase, Aspiration will plant a tree through its plantation partners. Planting 60 trees per month is enough to offset the carbon emissions of an average US home. Once you reach carbon-neutral status each month, you will earn 1% back on all of your purchases.
Of course, you can make less than 60 transactions each month, but you won’t earn any rewards. This shouldn’t deter you, though, because even if you make a few transactions, Aspiration will still plant trees in your name.
This card is still in the early access phase, which means we don’t have full information about fees, credit limits and other terms and conditions. We will update our review as soon as more information becomes available.
How to apply for the Aspiration Zero card
At this time, Aspiration Zero card is in early access.
- Visit Aspiration Zero website.
- Submit your email to get early access.
- Wait until Aspiration Zero sends you an email with further instructions.
What credit score do I need?
At this time, we don’t know the card’s credit score requirements. Based on the card’s profile, it will likely require at least a good credit score of 680 or higher.
Aspiration Zero card benefits
- Cash back. Make 60 transactions each month to earn 1% cash back on all of your purchases.
- Help save the planet. With every transaction you make, Aspiration will plant a tree.
What to watch out for
- Not enough information. We don’t know the card’s terms and conditions until it launches. At the time of this writing, we don’t know if there is anything to keep an eye out for.
Compare cash back credit cards
The Aspiration Zero card is designed to help you reduce your carbon footprint and reward you for it. However, the card is still in early access and we don’t have the full information about fees, credit limit and other fine-print details. If you are seeking a card with larger rewards on purchases, check out other cashback credit cards.