If you owe more than $5,000, get help to resolve it — or your money back.
Anthem Tax Services may be able to negotiate on your behalf to resolve your tax issues while potentially saving you money. Its licensed clients across the nation get stellar customer reviews for their work with both the IRS and state authorities. And it backs up its claims to put you in a better position with a 100% money back guarantee.
But you’ll need to sign up for a free consultation to learn just how much services will cost you.
- Free consultation. Complete an online form.
- Costs. Starts at $250.
- Types of debt accepted. Tax debt.
- Services offered. Tax Resolution Services, Tax Preparation Services, Audit Protection, Bookkeeping, Garnishment and Levy Release, Audit Representation, Currently-non Collectible, Freedom of Information Act Request, Installment Agreement, Offer In Compromise, Penalty Abatement, State Tax Help, Unified Returns, Truck Drivers, Corporate Tax Preparation.
- Minimum debt considered. $5,000.
- Typical turnaround. 7 to 120 days.
- Ratings, accreditation and memberships. BBB: B+, NATP, CTEC, NAEA, IRS.
- Direct or third-party negotiations. Direct.
- Service availability. Available in all 50 states.
- Customer service options. Phone, email, live chat.
- 100% money back guarantee. Anthem Tax Services offers a 100% money back guarantee if you don’t end up in a better position than where you started.
How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Services start at $250 and require a minimum tax debt of $5,000 to get started. Ultimately, how much you’ll pay depends on the nuances of your specific situation.
What if I owe less than $5,000?
For financial hurdles under $5,000, sometimes the best option for you is to go the route of personal loans. A personal loan is money that you borrow from a bank or personal lender that is paid back in installments while accruing interest. Personal loans can be viable solutions to meeting financial obligations, however, it’s important to note that things like your income, credit score, and existing debts will factor into the lenders terms and conditions surrounding the loan.
What services does Anthem Tax Services provide?
Its wide variety of services include:
- Tax resolution. Get help reducing your tax debt, usually in 30 to 120 days. Aside from negotiating your tax debt, Anthem Tax Relief can also help you get an installment agreement, currently non-collectible status, penalty abatement or an offer in compromise. The company works with both federal and state taxes.
- Tax preparation. Have a professional go over your tax returns so you can take advantage of every deductible and credit.
- Unfiled returns. Get help dealing with a backlog of unfiled tax returns.
- Audit protection and representation. If you’re being audited by the IRS, have a professional help you every step of the way.
- Bookkeeping. If you’re self-employed or own a business, hire a professional to keep track of your finances and help you budget for your tax payments.
- Wage garnishment and bank levy release. If all of your tax returns are filed, you may be able to get released in as little as 48 hours.
How much can I save with Anthem Tax Services?
Many of its online testimonials claim that Anthem Tax Services managed to settle with the IRS for less than what customers originally owed. One customer said that Anthem settled a tax debt of $44,000 for just $100. Reviews on third-party sites boast similar savings. However, how much you’ll save depends on how much you owe, how long you’ve held the debt along with other factors specific to your circumstances.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of Anthem Tax Services?
- Good online reputation. You’ll find positive customer reviews and case studies online, many that talk about attentive and helpful customer service.
- Money-back guarantee. While the details aren’t clear, Anthem promises your money back if you aren’t in a “better position” than where you started.
- Lots of options. Anthem Tax Services offers a wide variety of services beyond settling debt from the IRS, including debt consolidation and ID theft protection.
- Lack of transparency. Costs, requirements and terms aren’t explicitly advertised online. For specifics, you’ll need to call, email or sign up for a free consultation.
Need more than just tax relief? Try a debt relief company
Before you sign up with a debt relief company
Debt relief companies typically charge a percentage of a customer’s debt or a monthly program fee for their services. And they aren’t always transparent about these costs or drawbacks that can negatively affect your credit score. You might pay other fees for third-party settlement services or setting up new accounts, which can leave you in a worse situation than when you signed up.
Consider alternatives before signing up with a debt relief company:
- Payment extensions. Companies you owe may be willing to extend your payment due date or put you on a longer payment plan if you ask.
- Nonprofit credit counseling. Look for free debt-management help from nonprofit organizations like the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.
- Debt settlement. If you can manage to pay a portion of the bill, offer the collection agency a one-time payment as a settlement. Collection agencies are often willing to accept a lower payment on your debt to close the account.
What does the internet say about Anthem Tax Services?
Accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2017, Anthem Tax Services earns an B+ from the BBB based on internal criteria and the way it handles customer complaints. It earns a full 5 stars based on eight customer reviews.
Customer reviews are generally positive. The overwhelming majority mention above and beyond customer service and the ability to deliver on their service.
Is it safe to use Anthem Tax Services?
Yes. Anthem Tax Services encrypts your personal and financial details with SSL protection.
It’s accredited by the Better Business Bureau and a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals and the National Association of Enrolled Agents. Each of its staff members is licensed by the IRS in preparing tax returns.
How do I sign up?
Click the Apply now button to be redirected to the Anthem Tax Services site for easy signup:
I’ve signed up. What happens next?
- Set up your free consultation. Anthem Tax Services will reach out to set an appointment for your free consultation and get insight into your case.
- Gather your documentation. Upload the necessary documentation to get your services rolling.
- Anthem assesses your case. Anthem reviews your case and tailors services to meet your specific needs.
More about Anthem Tax Services
Based in California, Anthem Tax Services was founded in 2010 by licensed tax professionals with over 30 years of experience in tax preparation and tax law. It offers tailored tax resolution services to reduce your tax debt to as little as possible, along with a suite of tax prep and bookkeeping services.
Anthem Tax Services claims to help improve your tax-debt situation with the IRS or your state government — or your money back. Based on its strong online reputation, it appears to have a high success rate and commendable customer service.
But while its services start at a low $250, it doesn’t advertise the costs you might face for your specific needs. It’s equally unclear just how its money-back guarantee works. Make sure to compare tax relief providers before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
Picture: Anthem Tax Services