Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Credit Card review
An airline credit card for frequent flyers between the US and Ireland.
finder.com’s rating: 3.6 / 5
- Get this card if you frequently fly between the US and Ireland.
- Pick something else if you prefer other airlines or if you want a general travel credit card.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 5x
15.99% to 22.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||100,000 after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||5x Avios on Aer Lingus and partner airlines for the first 12 months (then 3x) and 3x on hotels for the first 12 months (then 2x)|
|Purchase APR||15.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||15.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Credit Card could be a good pick for those who frequently fly between the US and Ireland. You’ll earn accelerated points on your Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia and Level flights, and you’ll get priority boarding. You can also earn a companion ticket each year you meet the spending requirement.
- Signup bonus. Earn 100,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Avios points. You’ll earn 5x Avios on Aer Lingus, British Airways and Iberia purchases for the first 12 months, then 3x. You’ll also earn 3x points on hotels in the first 12 months, then 2x. On everything else you buy, you’ll earn 1x Avios.
- Companion ticket. You’ll earn a companion ticket valid for 12 months each year you spend at least $30,000 with the card. The ticket can only be used for flights between the US and Ireland, but comes without any taxes, fees or blackout dates for redemption.
You’ll also like
- Priority boarding. You and your authorized users can board your plane sooner for flights between the US and Ireland.
- No foreign transaction fees. You’ll pay zero extra fees on purchases made abroad.
- Car rental collision damage waiver. Get coverage for vehicle damage or theft if you use your card to pay for the rental.
- Luggage insurance. Your bags are covered against damage or loss. In case of luggage delay, you’ll get reimbursed for essential toiletries for $100 per day up to three days.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll pay $95 annually to own the card.
Compare airline credit cards
The Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Credit Card could be a good choice if you often fly between the US and Ireland. You get to earn miles that can be redeemed for flights, seat upgrades or hotels. You’ll also be awarded a companion ticket if you spend at least $30,000 in a year.
However, if you prefer other airlines, or want a general travel credit card, check out other airline credit cards to compare options.
What’s changed with the Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Credit Card
|07/3/2021||Old:||New: Welcome offer: Earn 100,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.|
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.