Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How does the AAdvantage dining program work?
Earn up to 5x miles at participating restaurants, bars and clubs.
The AAdvantage Dining program lets you earn miles every time you dine at any of the 10,000+ participating restaurants, bars and clubs. To makes things even better, you earn miles on your whole transaction, including tax and tips.
How do I sign up for AAdvantage Dining program?
First, you must have an AAdvantage number. Then, do the following:
- Visit the AAdvantage Dining website.
- Sign up using your full name, address and AAdvantage number.
- Add up to five credit or debit cards you use at restaurants.
- Use your card at participating restaurants.
AA dining rewards rates
You can earn AAdvantage miles by using your card at participating restaurants, bars and clubs. You can have up to five credit cards linked to your AAdvantage Dining program. Earn bonus miles by leaving a short review of the establishment.
The number of miles you earn depends on your membership level.
|Membership level||VIP member||Select member||Basic member|
|How many miles you earn||5x miles||3x miles||1x miles|
|How to achieve membership level||Submit your email to receive promotional materials and make 11 transactions at participating locations in a calendar year.||Submit your email to receive promotional materials.||Sign up for the dining program without submitting your email address for promotions.|
Compare AAdvantage credit cards
You can use the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® to earn additional 2x miles at restaurants.
How to get the most out of AAdvantage dining program
- Use the signup bonus. Earn 1,000 bonus miles by spending $25 in your first 30 days of program membership.
- Subscribe to marketing emails. By allowing AAdvantage Dining program to send you emails, you automatically earn 3x miles on participating restaurants instead of 1x miles.
- Use the dining program. The more you use the program, the more miles you earn. Get VIP status after 11 visits at participating restaurants in a calendar year and earn 5x miles on subsequent visits.
- Keep an eye on your email. If you opt in to get marketing emails, you will get updated information on restaurants and promotions in your area.
- Leave a review. Earn extra miles when you leave a dining experience review for any participating establishment.
- Use a dining credit card. Boost your rewards with a dining credit card. If you’re looking to earn more AAdvantage miles, consider the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®, which lets you earn additional 2x miles at restaurants.
What restaurants are part of AAdvantage Dining program?
With more than 10,000 participating locations in the AAdvantage Dining program, chances are some of your favorite restaurants and bars are on the list. Based on the number of reviews, these are some of the popular choices:
- The Irish American
- Gigino Trattoria
- Stoud FiDi
- V Cafe
- Ruchi Indian Cuisine
- Famous Famiglia Pizza
- Suehiro Cafe
- Preux & Proper
- Fogo De Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
- Panini Kabob Grill – Downtown
- Gus’s Drive In
- Sage Vegan Bistro
- Momed Atwater Village
- Crepe Bistro
- Ace Bounce
- Simply Thalia
- Flight Club Darts USA
- The Shamrock
- Bombay Pizza Co
- Christian’s Tailgate Grill & Bar
- Chapman & Kirby
- Tony Mandola’s
- Dessert Galery
- Azuma Japanese Restaurant
How to find which restaurants are part of the AAdvantage Dining program?
Visit the AAdvantage Dining website and enter the zip code, city or state at the top of the page. This will list all participating restaurants in the location you provided. If you want to find out whether your favorite place participates in the program, enter the name in the search tab and hit Search.
If you often fly American Airlines, joining the AAdvantage Dining program can help you earn miles every time you dine at participating restaurants, bars and clubs. The more you use the program, the more earning opportunities you get. And with the right credit card, you can even receive discounts on your in-flight meals.
If you rarely fly American Airlines, but still want to earn miles making everyday purchases like dining, consider a general rewards travel credit card.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Delta Medallion status: How does it work and why you should get it
Ascend through its ranks and Delta Medallion Status pays off with additional perks and benefits for SkyMiles members.
Best credit card combinations
Use these credit card combinations to boost your rewards earnings.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best travel credit card in 2021
Here are our picks for the top travel cards on the market.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Best credit cards for young professionals
Earn rewards on travel, dining, public transportation and other categories you spend the most in.
Bask Bank Savings review
American Airlines loyals can earn free miles with this savings account.
Which credit cards have gotten better during COVID-19?
Earn more rewards on select categories or get an extension of some travel perks.
United Club℠ Infinite Card review
A premium United Airlines credit card with generous rewards.
Toyota and Ford join usage-based car insurance programs
Nationwide and Liberty Mutual have teamed up with the car brands to offer driver discounts of up to 40% on new models.
Ask an Expert