Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Earn more miles with AAdvantage Dining
Earn up to 5x miles at participating restaurants, bars and clubs.
Consider signing up for the AAdvantage Dining program if you’re an American Airlines frequent flyer who often dines out. Members can easily earn accelerated miles for eating at select locations.
What is AAdvantage Dining program?
The AAdvantage Dining program lets you earn miles every time you dine at any of the 10,000+ participating restaurants, bars and clubs. To makes things even better — you earn miles on your whole transaction, including tax and tips.
More Finder tips
Compare AAdvantage credit cards
How does the AAdvantage Dining program work?
You can earn AAdvantage miles by using your card at participating restaurants, bars and clubs. You can have up to five credit cards linked to your AAdvantage Dining program. Earn bonus miles by leaving a short review of the establishment.
The number of miles you earn depends on your membership level.
|Membership level||VIP member||Select member||Basic member|
|How many miles you earn||5x miles||3x miles||1x miles|
|How to achieve membership level||Submit your email to receive promotional materials and make 11 transactions at participating locations in a calendar year.||Submit your email to receive promotional materials.||Sign up for the dining program without submitting your email address for promotions.|
How do I sign up for AAdvantage Dining program?
First, you must have an AAdvantage number. Then, do the following:
- Visit the AAdvantage Dining website.
- Sign up using your full name, address and AAdvantage number.
- Add up to five credit or debit cards you use at restaurants.
- Use your card at participating restaurants.
What is the best AAdvantage credit card for the dining program?
You can use the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® to earn additional 2x miles at restaurants.
What restaurants are part of AAdvantage Dining program?
With more than 10,000 participating locations in the AAdvantage Dining program, chances are some of your favorite restaurants and bars are on the list. Based on the number of reviews, these are some of the popular choices:
- The Irish American
- Gigino Trattoria
- Stoud FiDi
- V Cafe
- Ruchi Indian Cuisine
- Famous Famiglia Pizza
- Suehiro Cafe
- Preux & Proper
- Fogo De Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
- Panini Kabob Grill – Downtown
- Gus’s Drive In
- Sage Vegan Bistro
- Momed Atwater Village
- Crepe Bistro
- Ace Bounce
- Simply Thalia
- Flight Club Darts USA
- The Shamrock
- Bombay Pizza Co
- Christian’s Tailgate Grill & Bar
- Chapman & Kirby
- Tony Mandola’s
- Dessert Galery
- Azuma Japanese Restaurant
How to find which restaurants are part of the AAdvantage Dining program?
Visit the AAdvantage Dining website and enter the zip code, city or state at the top of the page. This will list all participating restaurants in the location you provided. If you want to find out whether your favorite place participates in the program, enter the name in the search tab and hit Search.
How to get the most out of AAdvantage Dining program
- Use the signup bonus. At the time of writing, according to the AAdvantage Dining program website, you can earn 1,000 bonus miles by spending $25 in your first 30 days of program membership.
- Subscribe to marketing emails. By allowing AAdvantage Dining program to send you emails, you automatically earn 3x miles on participating restaurants instead of 1x miles.
- Use the dining program. The more you use the program, the more miles you earn. Get VIP status after 11 visits at participating restaurants in a calendar year and earn 5x miles on subsequent visits.
- Keep an eye on your email. If you opt in to get marketing emails, you will get updated information on restaurants and promotions in your area.
- Leave a review. Earn extra miles when you leave a dining experience review for any participating establishment.
- Use a dining credit card. Boost your rewards with a dining credit card. If you’re looking to earn more AAdvantage miles, consider the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®, which lets you earn additional 2x miles at restaurants.
If you often fly American Airlines, joining the AAdvantage Dining program can help you earn miles every time you dine at participating restaurants, bars and clubs. The more you use the program, the more earning opportunities you get. And with the right credit card, you can even receive discounts on your in-flight meals.
If you rarely fly American Airlines, but still want to earn miles making everyday purchases like dining, consider a general rewards travel credit card.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best credit cards for young professionals
Earn rewards on travel, dining, public transportation and other categories you spend the most in.
Bask Bank Savings review
American Airlines loyals can earn free miles with this savings account.
Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn Emirates miles on your purchases and enjoy premium benefits with this airline credit card.
Which credit cards have gotten better during COVID-19?
Earn more rewards on select categories or get an extension of some travel perks.
Here’s when your American Airlines miles will expire
Learn when your American Airlines points will expire.
Travelers can get 5x miles with a Spirit flight right now
Get 5X miles by booking with Spirit — see if you’re eligible.
Best credit cards for consultants
Travel credit cards can offer top-notch rewards for consultants.
Airline bankruptcies: What could happen to your frequent flyer miles
There are two types of bankruptcies, and your miles will likely be fine unless the airline shuts down completely.
Best Visa credit cards
Earn rewards or get a 0% intro APR period with the best Visa credit cards.
United Club℠ Infinite Card review
A premium United Airlines credit card with generous rewards.
Ask an Expert