Send your money overseas with OFX and you’ll get a competitive rate and low fees.
Exclusive offer for finder readers:
|Product Name||OFX International Money Transfers|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
Minimum transfer time
|Banking Partner||OFX - US|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EGP, EUR, FJD, GBP, HKD, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, KWD, LKR, MAD, MGA, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, OMR, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, RUB, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, THB, TOP, TRY, TWD, TZS, USD, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XOF, XPF, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||$0|
|Branch Transfer Fee||$0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||$0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
- Support for 55+ major and exotic currencies.
- Competitive rates and no transfer fees.
- Multiple transfer options include forward contracts and limit orders.
- No cash payments or pickup — bank deposits only.
- Phone verification required for new accounts.
Take advantage of flexible transfer options and fee-free transactions when sending money overseas
In business for more than 15 years, OFX is a specialist money provider that offers competitive exchange rates and international money transfers in 55 currencies. With more than 100,000 customers across six continents, OFX has handled more than $100 billion in forex transactions.
OFX dominates with its revolutionary transfer fee cost: nothing at all. And because OFX is a trusted partner of finder.com, you can take advantage of special exchange rates set aside exclusively for finder readers.
If you’re looking for flexible tools that can help you lock in favorable rates for future transfers, OFX allows for limit orders, forward contracts and the ability to schedule recurring payments.
OFX exchange rates
OFX offers strong exchange rates that typically beat those offered by US banks. You can check the rate that will apply to your transaction at any time on its Customer Exchange Rates page.
How much does it cost to transfer money with OFX?
Absolutely nothing — there is no transfer fee for OFX transfers of $150 or more. You may need to pay a fee with a third-party bank, but none of that money goes to OFX.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The minimum amount you can send overseas with OFX is $150. While it offers support for more than 50 currencies worldwide, you can send the following currencies from the United States:
How does OFX keep my money safe?
Registered with the US Treasury and state-licensed, OFX takes pride in its multilayer digital defenses that ensure your personal and financial information is safe from malware, phishing and other suspicious activity.
Learn more about OFX and safety.
What types of transfers can I send with OFX?
OFX is a solid option for immediate, one-off transfer overseas. But it also offers a selection of other transfer options:
- Limit orders. Request a transfer that’s executed only when your desired exchange rate becomes available, at which point OFX will lock it in.
- Forward contracts. With this tool, you lock in a favorable exchange rate now for a future transfer, avoiding unpredictable movements in the rate
- Recurring transfers. Avoid entering the details of your weekly, monthly or quarterly transfers by automating regular payments.
If you need help with a transfer at any step of the process, OFX phone and email customer support is available 24/7 weekdays.
How to send a transfer with OFX
Before you can send money overseas with OFX, you’ll need to sign up for a free account with:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Your country of origin and nationality.
- Your driver’s license details.
- Your occupation.
- Your transfer details — how much you’re sending and to where.
- Whether you’re opening a personal or business account.
Note that OFX requires phone verification for all new accounts. Be ready to accept a call from an OFX representative to verify your account details before you can begin sending money worldwide.
Once approved, enter the details of your transfer, review the exchange rate and fee and send your funds. OFX processes bank transfers only. When you send US dollars, your transaction is processed overnight.
Steps to transferring money internationally with OFX
What happens next?
OFX offers many ways to track your transfer. Log in to your OFX profile and click Your Preferences to establish how you’d like to be contacted. You can choose to receive an email or a text message to be updated at every step until receipt.
If you have questions or concerns about the status of your transfer, contact OFX’s office toll-free at 1-888-288-7354 for personal accounts or 1-888-966-6888 for business accounts.
Need help from a live person? Speak to an OFX money transfer expert
Calculate receive amounts from OFX
Please note exchange rates change by the minute; the exchange rate reflected on OFX’s website may be different than what you see here.
Pros and cons of using OFX
- Currency support. Supporting 55 major and exotic currencies, you can send funds to a large selection of countries worldwide.
- No fees. With OFX, you won’t pay any transfer fees.
- Flexible options. From placing forward contracts to scheduling regular transfers, there’s a range of options to suit your needs.
- No cash payment or pickup. OFX delivers funds through bank deposit only.
- Required phone verification for new accounts. You can sign up for a free account online, but you’ll need be ready to accept a call from an OFX representative to verify your account details before you can begin sending money worldwide.
Compare OFX to the competition
|OFX vs. …|
|OFX vs. MoneyGram||OFX vs. TransferWise|
|OFX vs. Wells Fargo||OFX vs. Western Union|
|OFX vs. World First||OFX vs. Chase Bank|
OFX provides fast and secure transfers from the United States in 55 currencies. However, you’ll want to compare the features of a range of money transfer companies before deciding which is best for your specific needs.
Common questions about OFX
Before you visit OFX…
Please note that OFX will call you to verify your first money transfer. If you are unable to take the phone call, please consider another money transfer provider.