Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card vs Discover it® Secured
Two secured credit cards for those with poor credit.
The Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card comes with a $25 annual fee and without any welcome offer or rewards on your purchases. Meanwhile, the Discover it® Secured comes with a $0 annual fee, and you get to earn accelerated cash back on dining and gas. Discover will also double all cash back you earn during your first year.
Learn more about the perks and features of these cards in the table below.
Summary of card features
Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card
- Build credit with reporting to credit bureaus
- Upgrade to an unsecured Wells Fargo card with responsible card use
- US residency not required
- $10,000 credit limit
Discover it® Secured
- Build your credit. Responsible use of the card will help you build your credit score, as the card reports to all three major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- Earn cash back. Earn 2% back on dining and gas on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. On everything else you buy, you’ll earn 1% cash back.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Enjoy a 10.99% intro APR period on balance transfers for 6 months. After that, a variable APR of 22.99% applies.
Compare Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card vs. Discover it® Secured
More guides on Finder
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard® review
Build credit with this secured credit card.
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Visa® Credit Card review
Build your credit with this secured credit card.
Tiller Money review
Do you use a spreadsheet to manage your budget? Automate it with Tiller Money.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get complimentary elite status.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get Wyndham benefits with elite status.
Petal® 1 "No Annual Fee" Visa® Credit Card Review
Rebuild your credit for no annual fee.
cred.ai Visa card review
A no-annual-fee card with tools to protect your funds and build credit.
FordPass™ Rewards Visa® Review
A decent rewards card for Ford fans.
Karat Black Card Review
A card for influencers who can’t find the right traditional card.
Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard® Secured Credit Card review
You can save on interest — but probably not enough to justify paying a $49 annual fee.
Ask an Expert