Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card vs Discover it® Secured
Two secured credit cards for those with poor credit.
The Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card comes with a $25 annual fee and without any welcome offer or rewards on your purchases. Meanwhile, the Discover it® Secured comes with a $0 annual fee, and you get to earn accelerated cash back on dining and gas. Discover will also double all cash back you earn during your first year.
Learn more about the perks and features of these cards in the table below.
Summary of card features
Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card
- Build credit with reporting to credit bureaus
- Upgrade to an unsecured Wells Fargo card with responsible card use
- US residency not required
- $10,000 credit limit
Discover it® Secured
- Build your credit. Responsible use of the card will help you build your credit score, as the card reports to all three major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- Earn cash back. Earn 2% back on dining and gas on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. On everything else you buy, you’ll earn 1% cash back.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Enjoy a 10.99% intro APR period on balance transfers for 6 months. After that, a variable APR of 22.99% applies.
Ask an Expert