Compare other rewards credit cards
This card gives you the opportunity to earn up to 1x points with the added bonus of 20,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first three months. If you have a relationship with Wells Fargo, you could qualify for a bonus of up to 50% on the points you earn.
The first year you have the card you won’t pay an APR or an annual fee. You’ll never pay foreign transaction fees when you use this card outside of the US.
|Review Site||Reviewer||Star Rating|
|Review Site||Star Rating||Review Count|
|Credit Karma||4/5||5 reviews|
- Signup bonus. You’ll need to spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months to receive a signup bonus of 20,000 points.
- Relationship bonus. 10% bonus points for having a Wells Fargo consumer checking or savings account, 25% bonus points for a primary checking account within your Portfolio by Wells Fargo program, 50% bonus for having more than $250,000 in your account or if you’re a Wells Fargo Private Bank customer.
- Earning points. Spending on gas in the US will get you 3x points and 2x points at US restaurants. All other purchases come with 1x points.
- Redeeming points. Redeem points for airline tickets with no travel restrictions or blackout dates. You can also redeem them for car rentals, hotels, cruises, online auctions, merchandise, gift cards or simply get cash back.
- Intro APR offer. You’ll pay no interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first year.
You’ll also like…
- Annual fee waiver. No annual fee for the first year, but you’ll pay $45 per year going forward.
- No foreign transaction fees. You won’t pay to use your card overseas.
- Travel benefits. Get access to exclusive American Express offers and travel experiences including low airfares; discounted rates on cruises, car rentals, and hotels; up to $100 off on qualifying air and hotel packages; and 24/7 access to a complimentary concierge service.
- Travel protection. You’ll get roadside assistance, auto rental collision and liability insurance, travel accident insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, emergency cash advances as well as 24/7 travel and emergency assistance.
- Security. You’ll get added security with this chip enabled card because it offers retail protection, return protection and an extended warranty.
What to watch out for
- End of intro APR. The intro 0% APR offer ends after your first year as a cardholder. From that point on you’ll start paying interest toward all outstanding balances.
- Balance transfer fees. While the balance transfer fee for the first 12 months is 3% of the balances transferred, it might increase to up to 5%.
- Other fees. The bank will charge up to $37 for late or returned payment. You’ll also pay fees for cash advances and overdraft protection advances.
Consider other cards if …
- You want a better travel rewards cards. The Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard® offers 3 points when spending with Virgin Atlantic, the Allegiant World Mastercard® comes with 3 points on purchases made with Allegiant Air and the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® offers 3 points on purchases made with Amtrak and its partners.
- You want to pay no annual fees. If you don’t want to pay an ongoing annual fee, some of your options include the Barclaycard Ring Mastercard, the Simmons Visa® and the Barclaycard NFL Extra Points Credit Card.
What to know before you apply
Consider applying for the Wells Fargo Propel 365 American Express® Card if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A resident of the US.
Information you’ll need
In order to qualify, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Full name, personal contact information and Social Security number.
- Housing status and monthly rent or mortgage payments.
- Employment status and gross annual income from all sources.
What credit score do I need?
You have a better chance of application approval with a credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Wells Fargo Propel 365 American Express® Card website, click Apply Now.
2. Existing Wells Fargo customers can login to quicken the process. Others simply need to click Continue.
3. Provide the required information, verify if it’s correct, and click Submit.
How long will it take to be approved?
You’ll find out about your application’s conditional approval soon after you submit it online.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Register your account online with Wells Fargo to monitor your spending and make payments.
- Avoid interest. Make use of the 25-day grace period after each billing cycle to avoid paying interest on purchases.
- Avoid unnecessary fees. Ensure that there are adequate funds in your bank account when making payments to avoid stiff late fees and bounced-payment penalties.
- Customer service. call 1-800-642-4720. Or contact the bank via Twitter @WellsFargo or Facebook @wellsfargo.
This card has some solid travel perks, along with the points program — especially if you’re a Wells Fargo customer. Before you decide on a travel credit card, it’s best to compare a number of travel cards.