Get rewarded for everyday spending and get a 2,500 bonus points with your first purchase.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
|Product Name||USAA Rewards™ Visa Signature®|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||11.15% to 27.15% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||11.15% to 27.15% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||11.15% to 27.15% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Excellent (740+)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Over The Credit Line Fee||$0|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for each convenience check: $200)|
If you’re a member of the US military and are looking for a credit card that will earn you points, the USAA Rewards Visa Signature card is worth looking into. Earn 1x points for every dollar spent on your everyday purchases. Plus, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points with your first purchase. There’s no cap or expiration, and points can be redeemed for for cash, merchandise, gift cards, travel or donated to your favorite military affiliate group.
- No annual fee. As a cardholder, you don’t have to worry about paying an annual fee.
- No penalty APR. You won’t be penalized for making late or missed payments.
- No foreign transaction fees. You won’t pay when you travel outside of the US.
- Collision damage waiver coverage. Covers physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- Rewards. Earn points on everyday purchases with the card, with 2X points per dollar on gas and groceries with no limit on how much you can earn. For your first purchase, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
- Identity theft resolution services. Provides assistance, should you become the victim of identity theft.
- Extended warranty. Extends your manufacturer’s or US store-brand warranties for up to one year.
You’ll also like…
- Special 4% SCRA rate. You’ll get 4% APR on your existing balance when you enter active duty.
- Deployment/PCS Rate. Get 4% APR on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or PCS. After 12 months, the regular APR, currently between 11.15% to 27.15% variable, will apply. This rate will vary with the market, based on the prime rate.
- Military Campaign Benefit. You’ll get a rebate on all finance charges accrued while you served in a qualified military campaign.
What should I know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Rewards Visa Signature Card, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information:
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income
If you’re affiliated with the military and looking for a card that earns rewards points on every purchase, the USAA Rewards Visa Signature Card could be an ideal solution. Before choosing a credit card, make sure to check out other similar cards.