The card that gives you easy, unlimited 1.5% cash back.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card allows you to earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase, and there’s no limit on the number of points you can earn. You can redeem your cash rewards anytime, using your mobile device or a computer. If you’re in the military and want a card with rewards, this card is worth looking into.
|Product Name||USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature®|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||13.15% to 27.15% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||13.15% to 27.15% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||13.15% to 27.15% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Over The Credit Line Fee||$0|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for each convenience check: $200)|
- Cash back rewards. Earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
- No annual fee. As a cardholder, you don’t have to worry about paying an annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fees. You won’t pay when you travel outside of the US.
- Collision damage waiver coverage. Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- Rewards. Earn points on everyday purchases with the card, with 2X points per dollar on gas and groceries with no limit on how much you can earn. For your first purchase, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
- Identity theft resolution services. Provides assistance, should you become the victim of identity theft.
- Extended warranty. Extends your manufacturer’s or US store-brand warranties for up to one year.
You’ll also like…
- Special 4% SCRA rate. You’ll get 4% APR on your existing balance when you enter active duty.
- Deployment/PCS Rate. Get 4% APR on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or PCS. After 12 months, the regular APR, currently between 11.15% to 27.15% variable, will apply. This rate will vary with the market, based on the prime rate.
- Military Campaign Benefit. You’ll get a rebate on all finance charges accrued while you served in a qualified military campaign.
What do I need to know to apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information:
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income
If you’re affiliated with the military and looking for a card that gives you unlimited 1.5% cash back, the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card could be for you. Before choosing to go with this card, make sure to check out other cards similar to it.