What is Zurich?
Zurich Insurance Group is one of the biggest global insurers, with around 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries worldwide.
The company offers a range of insurance products, including car, home, life and business insurance.
What company underwrites business insurance from Zurich?
Zurich’s policies are underwritten by the Zurich Intermediary Group Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What types of business insurance policies are available?
Zurich splits its cover into categories by sector. These include:
- Industry specialisms
- Specialty lines
- Corporate life and pensions
- Captive services
- Cover for major customers
- Practice insurance for healthcare professionals
Each category includes different elements to suit the needs of the specific business.
What does Zurich business insurance cover?
As Zurich offers tailored cover for a range of professions and sectors, cover varies depending on the requirements of your business.
However, typically, business insurance can include the following:
- Public liability. Public liability insurance is a type of cover that protects you if your business becomes legally liable if someone is injured or their property is damaged. It protects your business against legal costs and compensation claims if your business is to be found at fault.
- Product liability. Product liability insurance provides cover for people who manufacture, distribute or sell products and protects you against any resulting financial damages. It’s often bundled with public liability cover.
- Employers’ liability. Employers’ liability insurance covers you and helps you to protect your employees in case one of them is injured or becomes ill as a result of the work they do for your business. You are legally required to take out this cover if you employ one or more people.
- Business contents insurance. Business contents insurance covers the equipment and furnishings you use for your business against theft, loss or damage. This includes having your tools stolen or your premises (or home office if you work from home) damaged by a variety of reasons, such as water leaks and fire.
- Professional indemnity. Professional indemnity covers you against claims of negligence by clients, if they’re not happy with your work. This type of policy can help with legal costs and compensation payments, up to the limit of your policy (this can vary from a few thousand pounds to several millions).
- Cyber insurance. Cyber insurance is a form of specialty cover designed to protect your business from a wide range of Internet-based risks such as data breaches, malicious cyber hacks and email forgery.
- Healthcare professional insurance. Superscript offers specialist insurance cover for a whole range of healthcare professionals, including nurses, technicians, carers and complementary therapists. It covers medical malpractice, professional indemnity and public liability.
How much cover do I need?
Zurich’s policies are all so different, so this will depend on your requirements.
Here are a few things to consider when deciding how much cover to take out:
- What type of business do you run and in what industry?
- How many employees do you have?
- Do you need cover for yourself, your staff or your shareholders?
- Do you deal with members of the public?
- Do you own or lease vehicles (including vans)?
- Do you work in public spaces?
- Do you have dedicated business premises? Do you own or rent these?
- How much equipment and tools do you have and how expensive are they?
- Do you use or sell products?
- Do you or your staff engage in dangerous activities at work?
- Do you store stock?
- Do you provide financial advice?
How much does business cover from Zurich cost?
The cost of business insurance is an individual thing and will vary depending on your circumstances and the type of cover you require.
How to contact Zurich?
How you contact Zurich depends on your query:
Customer payment queries:
Premium Administration Team
Call:0800 923 4236
Customer Direct Debit Team
Call: 0800 232 1903
Call: 0800 923 4235
Broker Credit Control Team
Call: 0800 232 1904
Agency Administration Team
Call: 0800 026 1759
Underwriting Team – SME package and speciality products (Excluding Excess of Loss)
Call: 0800 026 1814
Underwriting team – Commercial Combined, Fleet (less than 20 vehicles) & Excess of Loss Products
Call: 0800 028 1774
Call: 0800 026 1771
Online Trading (Zurich Online)
For technical assistance and password queries relating to Zurich Online (not including claims reporting)
Call: 0800 916 0626
What is the claims process for Zurich business insurance?
You can make a claim online through Zurich’s online portal.
You can also call Zurich’s claims on 0800 302 9055. Some claims will require going through different channels, but you will be advised of this by the Zurich staff if this is the case.
For liability claims, call 0800 783 0690 or email email@example.com.
Zurich business insurance customer reviews
On Trustpilot, Zurich as a company has 2.7 out of 5 stars and a rating of “Poor”, based on more than 300 reviews.
Pros and cons for Zurich business insurance
- A very wide variety of sectors and professions covered
- Flexible cover you can tailor to your needs
- Employee benefits like group life insurance available
- The amount of information and options on the website can be overwhelming
Navigating Zurich’s website is no easy task, but if you know what kind of cover you’re after, you will likely find what you need in the wide range of options.
Get started by visiting Zurich’s website and sign up for a policy. If you have read this review and decided that Zurich is not for you, you can also compare other business insurance policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
What is capital gains tax?
Want to know what capital gains tax is, how it works and when you need to pay it? Read our comprehensive guide on what you need to know about capital gains tax including what your CGT allowance is for the 2021/2022 tax year.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Santander Select current account review
Learn more about the Santander Select current account to see if it’s right for you.
Monzo review: Is it worth it?
Is Monzo’s app-only current account the right option for you? Read our review to get the low-down on all of the features of the account, its card and the app.
Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account review
Learn about private banking with Yorkshire Bank to see if it’s right for you.
NatWest Premier Select bank account review
Discover whether the NatWest Premier Select current account is right for you.
Metro Bank Private Bank Account review
Learn about private banking with Metro Bank to see if it’s right for you.
Citibank Citigold current account review
If you’re a keen traveller, find out whether the Citibank Citigold account is right for you.
Wise (TransferWise) for Business review
If you’re a borderless business, you’re going to want to look into Wise’s revolutionary multi-currency accounts.