Uber Visa Card review
Please note: This card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site.
- Get this card if you’re a frequent user of Uber, Uber Eats and JUMP.
- Pick something else if you want a rewards card with variety of redemption options.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
How to apply for the Uber Visa Card
- Go to Uber’s website and click Apply now.
- Complete the application with details like your name, contact information, annual income and Social Security number.
- Review your information and click Apply to submit your application.
How long will it take to get my Uber Visa Card?
Typically, you’ll receive an immediate decision on your application. In rare cases, you may need to wait a few business days to a few weeks until Barclaycard manually approves your application.
You’ll probably receive your card within seven to 10 business days if you’re approved.
- Signup bonus. Earn $100 after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 90 days following your account opening. It’s a decent bonus, but the industry standard with this type of cards is $150.
- Uber cash. The Uber Visa Card comes with robust rewards, including up to 5% back in Uber cash on Uber, Uber Eats and JUMP purchases. You also earn 3% back on dining, airfare and hotels, and 1% back on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees. The Uber Visa Card is a great choice for vacations or business trips. You won’t pay transaction fees when you use it abroad or at foreign websites.
- Up to $600 in mobile phone protection. Pay your monthly smartphone bill with your card and receive coverage against accidental loss, damage or theft. You’re covered up to $600 per claim, with a meager $25 deductible.
- No annual fee. This card has strong rewards, and you won’t pay an annual fee to earn them.
Compare cashback cards
What to watch out for
- Limited redemption options. Unfortunately, you can’t redeem your rewards for cash, statement credit or gift cards. You can only redeem for Uber cash, which you can use for Uber, Uber Eats and JUMP.
- No intro APR period. If you’re looking to save money on interest with a 0% intro APR period, look for other credit card options.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Uber Visa Card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident. You’re not eligible if you live in Puerto Rico or a US territory.
Information you’ll need
- Full name and contact information
- Residential status
- Annual income and employment information
- Social Security number, date of birth and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at the Barclays website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of at least 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you’ll pay no interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $$39. You’ll also pay fees for balance transfers and cash advances.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Barclays customer service at 866-928-8598.
How do I redeem rewards from the Uber Visa Card?
Your Uber cash is automatically transferred to your Uber account as soon as you reach the $50 Uber cash threshold on your credit card.
The Uber Visa Card is an excellent rewards credit card for Uber regulars. If you don’t use any of Uber’s services, this card will be a poor choice.
If you’re looking for a similar card with rewards on everyday purchases, compare cashback credit cards.Top 4% cash back credit cards
Frequently asked questions
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The Uber Visa Card comes with a $0 annual fee, a signup bonus of $100 in Uber Cash after spending $500 in the first 90 days and a rewards rate of 3% back in Uber cash on dining, airfare and hotel stays.
The card offers a massive 5% back in Uber cash on your Uber, Uber Eats and JUMP purchases. This isn’t the only card with this rewards rate on Uber-related purchases, but it’s the only card that earns accelerated Uber cash on travel purchases.
Unfortunately, you can’t redeem your rewards to anything other than Uber cash. That’s why this could be one of the most rewarding credit cards if you often use Uber or JUMP electric bikes and scooters. If don’t use these services, however, the card could be useless to you.