Have extra time? Earn gift cards and prizes by letting your voice be heard with Toluna.
With more than 10 million members, Toluna is known around the world as one of the largest survey website services. You can share your opinions for incentives like gift cards and cash. It’s free to sign up, and you can meet like-minded people — all while sharing your thoughts and opinions.
Large consumer brands and research companies use Toluna’s surveys to collect information for future products. This research shapes how the companies market and distribute their products to consumers.
When you participate in services through the Toluna website, you earn reward points. From there, you can join the community and start taking surveys, polls and participating in discussions.
How easy is it to earn with Toluna?
If you have extra time and are interested in participating in surveys regularly, Toluna may be right for you. However, there is less earning potential with Toluna.
Considering that each survey takes about 25 minutes to complete earns you anywhere from cents to a dollar (about 2,500 points) on average, the time-to-payout ratio is not high.
With Toluna, 3,000 points equals $1. The highest survey pays 20,000 points.
Once you reach 60,000 points (about $20 in rewards), you can redeem them for cash through PayPal, gift cards or monthly drawings.
How do I sign up for Toluna?
Signing up is free and easy: All you need is a Facebook profile or email address. Membership is open to those who are 14 or older and reside in Asia, Europe, North America or Oceania. (If you are under 18, any rewards will be received by your legal guardian.)
Toluna requires you to complete three main steps when signing up:
- Complete your personal and contact information.
- Complete your demographic and other information.
- Complete your employment and household information.
You can also upload a profile picture.
How does Toluna work?
Toluna is a website service that uses its members’ survey answers to generate market research. But it isn’t just about taking surveys — it is also a way to mingle with others and hear their opinions. View discussions, initiate debates, start your own polls with friends and express your views for the community to see. You can also gather your own research by creating polls and discussions for members to interact with.
What are the benefits of Toluna?
- It’s global. Toluna offers a variety of language translation options for its website.
- It’s free. Join and win prizes at no cost.
- Signup points. You’ll receive 500 bonus points just for signing up.
- Rewards. There are a lot of rewards to choose from, and you can redeem your points for a selection of gift cards or cash.
- Well known. Toluna is one of the largest survey panel services with more than 15 offices across the globe.
What do I need to watch out for
- User complaints. Many Toluna members state they weren’t paid for doing surveys, or that it took a long time for payments to be processed. In fact, members claim it can take up to two months for payments to go through.
- Points expire. Your points expire after a year, and you can also lose your points if you are inactive for six or more months.
- Difficult to generate income. It’s one of the lowest-paying survey websites.
What else do I need to know?
You may not qualify for every survey. Each survey starts out with a few questions confirming that you are the targeted demographic needed for the survey or research study. To be considered for select surveys, you can try taking multiple Toluna profile surveys.
I was approved for membership! Now what?
You can now start taking surveys, creating polls, starting discussion topics and earning rewards. Points from surveys that can be redeemed for gadgets, vacation vouchers, gift cards and cash. You can even take surveys through Toluna’s app.