A major US carrier, T-Mobile offers wireless service for individuals, families and businesses. With 72.6 million customers, it’s among the top three wireless telco providers in the United States.
T-Mobile’s wireless voice and data services can be found throughout the US, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands under both the T-Mobile and MetroPCS brands. Its network also hosts many MVNOs. T-Mobile boasts that its network currently reaches 98% of Americans.
What is an MVNO
Short for mobile virtual network operator, an MVNO is a smaller company without its own wireless network. Instead, it buys talk, text and data wholesale from big-name carriers to resell under its brand to customers. MVNOs are effectively one of the “big four” carriers — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or Verizon — running under a different name.
T-Mobile offers a wide array of cell phone plans and wireless solutions to satisfy your personal, family and business needs.
With this plan, the more lines you have, the more you save. And your mobile hotspot lets you share up to 3GB on 4G LTE speeds and then speeds drop to 3G after. Prices include the AutoPay discount and taxes and fees. Unlimited talk, text and data Magenta plans start at:
Magenta Plus has similar plan features as Magenta but gives you 200GB to share on your hotspot at 4G LTE speeds before slowing you down to 3G. Here’s a peek at how much you can save per line with AutoPay on the Magenta Plus unlimited talk, text and data plan.
The Essentials plan is a postpaid unlimited talk, text and data option that features unlimited 3G mobile hotspot. These prices are with the AutoPay discount but don’t include taxes and fees.
Simply Prepaid Plans
These prepaid plans include unlimited music streaming, and you can add up to four additional lines for $30/line per month.
- $40 a month for unlimited talk, text and data with up to 10GB 4G LTE.
- $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and data — and unlimited mobile hotspot at 3G speeds.
- $60 a month for unlimited talk, text and data — and unlimited mobile hotspot at 4G LTE speeds up to 10GB, then 3G speeds after.
T-Mobile Connect Prepaid
These prepaid plans are for customers with low data usage.
- $15 a month for unlimited talk, text and 2GB of high-speed data.
- $30 a month for unlimited talk, text and 5GB of high-speed data.
T-Mobile offers an excessive number of “extras” for its Magenta plans. So many, it’s hard to know them all before purchasing — or even as an active customer. Here are a few of their most popular perks.
- Free in-flight texting and data. T-Mobile users can enjoy unlimited texting and an hour of free data on Gogo-enabled flights.
- The Uncontract. T-Mobile One users can take advantage of the Uncontract — which means that you can change the price you pay for your service.
- International data. Get unlimited 2G data, unlimited texting and calling at $0.25 per minute in over 210 countries and destinations on T-mobile’s Magenta plans. No extra charge or set up required.
- Service in Mexico and Canada. Get unlimited talk, text and data in Mexico and Canada. You’ll get 5GB at 4G LTE speeds, and then unlimited data at 2G speeds.
- T-Mobile Tuesdays. For T-Mobile users, Tuesdays are when they receive their “rewards.” Simply download the app and wait for T-Mobile to reward you.
[fin-hide] Updated “International wireless service” because it’s no longer at extra charge: https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/roaming?icid=WMM_TM_U_18INTLTRVL_1EHW93IKD94W1YF9E18213 [/fin_hide]
While T-Mobile appears to be taking a proactive approach to what some might call its “weaknesses,” it does have some work to do.
- So-so signal. While describing the T-Mobile coverage as “bad” or “poor” is exaggerating the issue, you could accurately say that it doesn’t offer the best coverage. Verify that you don’t live in one of the areas T-Mobile is still working to improve.
- Retail store to call center disconnect. If you sign up for a service at a T-Mobile retail store, you may be directed by the call center to return to the store if you have a problem.
To sign up for T-Mobile, visit your nearest T-Mobile retail store or authorized dealer or sign up online.
T-Mobile is a solid option for wireless service, offering a wide variety of cell phone plans on a leading network. If you have good T-Mobile service in your area and want to work with a major carrier, compare its options to your current provider.
What’s new about the “Uncontract”?
T-Mobile’s Uncontract was previously introduced for T-Mobile’s Simple Choice, but it now extends to include T-Mobile One.
How do I sign up for Autopay?
Signing up for autopay is as simple as logging in to My T-Mobile and selecting AutoPay under your bill’s due date. You will be prompted to enter billing information to set up recurring payments through AutoPay.