Sprint cell phone plans
Never afraid to break industry rules, Sprint claims a lot of “firsts.”
Sprint is known for its innovative wireless technology that includes 5G phones and unlimited 5G plans.
Sprint might not always come in first place among the “big four” carriers, but it can certainly lay claim to its fair share of successes and triumphs as a leading wireless provider. And new offerings can only help.
What services does Sprint offer?
Sprint divides its offerings into Single Line, Unlimited and prepaid Sprint Forward plans that do not require a credit check.
Single Line Plans
These plans come with unlimited talk and text as well as specific data limits by plan.
- Single Line Entry Plan — $25 a month for unlimited talk and text, unlimited international text and 2,000MB of high-speed data including mobile hotspot
- Unlimited Freedom Single Line Plan — $60 a month for unlimited talk, text and data, HD streaming video and 10GB of hotspot data
These family plans come with unlimited data, talk and text, HD streaming video and 500MB of hotspot data. Through June 2020, you’ll get deeply discounted rates and your third, fourth and fifth lines free.
- 1 line — $60 a month
- 2 lines — $100 a month
- 3–5 lines — $100 a month
After June 2020, prices revert to $60 a month for your first line, an additional $40 a month for your second line and an additional $20/mo./line for your third or more lines with AutoPay.
Sprint Forward Plans
Flexible prepaid plans come with unlimited talk and text, 4GB 4G LTE data and mobile hotspot — and no credit checks.
- Sprint Forward Single Line Plan — $40 a month
- Sprint Forward Family Plan — $70 a month for two lines or $100 a month for three or more lines.
Are there any other features I should know about?
Rest assured that if you need a feature, Sprint probably offers it. Here are a few popular extras.
- Low-cost international talk and text. Worldwide calling is a budget-friendly possibility that requires no calling cards.
- Online offers and promos. You can get no activation fees, no upgrade fees, exclusive pricing and offers and in-store pickup by ordering online. But you may want drop by a Sprint store to compare “exclusive” in-store specials if the best deal possible is your priority.
- Free mobile hotspot. With mobile hotspots now available on most devices, Sprint customers can use their phones to stay connected on the go.
What to watch out for
Sprint offers a lot of options and opportunities to save. Make sure you understand what you’re signing up for and that it’s included in your account setup.
- Too many options. Customers complain about too many options for plan upgrades and downgrades, device payment plans, offers and more to fully understand what you’re getting at signup. Confirm that “offers” don’t cancel each other out or expire before finalizing your order.
- Cap on unlimited data. Plans come with unlimited data, but once you hit your 10GB a month, you’re demoted to slower speeds.
Compare cell phone plan providers
How do I sign up for Sprint?
Sign up for Sprint online or by dropping in to your nearest Sprint retailer.
What is Sprint?
Officially Sprint Corporation, Sprint is a wireless and Internet service provider that’s among the four major carriers in the industry rounded out by Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T. It offers a wide array of services with many variations that cater to single lines, family lines, businesses and prepaid customers seeking Sprint service without a credit check.
Sprint is well known in the industry. It isn’t the one known for best coverage. It doesn’t offer the best streaming plans on the planet. And it doesn’t have the best devices and accessories in the industry. Yet somehow it hangs on among tough competition by offering a solid combination of services that could adequately satisfy each of these categories.