Never afraid to break industry rules, Sprint claims a lot of “firsts.”
Sprint is known for its innovative wireless technology that includes America’s first 4G phone, first unlimited 4G plan and first all-digital network, not to mention the first nationwide 3G network and first 4G network from a national carrier.
Spring might not always come in first place among the “big four” carriers, but it can certainly lay claim to its fair share of successes and triumphs as a leading wireless provider. And new offerings can only help.
- No credit check required with the Sprint Forward prepaid plan
- A major carrier with a solid history in the industry
- Streaming capabilities. Sprint users have access to streaming video at up to HD 1080p, music at up to 1.5Mbps, and gaming at up to 8Mbps.
- No credit check. With Sprint Forward plans, you won’t need to worry about your credit history.
- Major carrier. One of the “big four,” Sprint comes with a solid history in the industry.
- Data deprioritization. During congested times, data use is prioritized. Which means your data could be accessible at slower speeds than other Sprint users. Nobody likes to be “deprioritized.”
- Unlimited caps. While Sprint boasts unlimited data, after you use 10GB in a month of service, MHS, P2P and VPN is reduced to 2G speeds.
- Autopay discount advertised. Everyone loves a good discount, but advertised rates reflect Sprint’s autopay discount. It isn’t clear how much the rate would increase if a new Sprint customer declined to sign up for autopay.
What is Sprint?
Officially Sprint Corporation, Sprint is a wireless and Internet service provider that’s among the four major carriers in the industry rounded out by Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T. It offers a wide array of services with many variations that cater to single lines, family lines, businesses and prepaid customers seeking Sprint service without a credit check.
What services does Sprint offer?
Sprint divides its offerings into Single Line, Unlimited and prepaid Sprint Forward plans that do not require a credit check.
Single Line Plans
These plans come with unlimited talk and text as well as specific data limits by plan.
- Single Line Entry Plan — $40 a month for unlimited talk and text, unlimited international text and 2GB of high-speed data including mobile hotspot
- Unlimited Freedom Single Line Plan — $60 a month for unlimited talk, text and data, HD streaming video and 10GB of hotspot data
These family plans come with unlimited data, talk and text, HD streaming video and 10GB of hotspot data. Through June 2018, you’ll get deeply discounted rates and your third, fourth and fifth lines free.
- 1 line — $50 a month
- 2 lines — $90 a month
- 3–5 lines — $90 a month
After June 2018, prices revert to $60 a month for your first line, an additional $40 a month for your second line and an additional $30 a month for your third or more lines.
Sprint Forward Plans
Flexible prepaid plans come with unlimited talk and text, 4GB 4G LTE data and mobile hotspot — and no credit checks.
- Sprint Forward Single Line Plan — $40 a month
- Sprint Forward Family Plan — $70 a month for two lines or $100 a month for three or more lines.
Are there any other features I should know about?
Rest assured that if you need a feature, Sprint probably offers it. Here are a few popular extras.
- Low-cost international talk and text. Worldwide calling is a budget-friendly possibility that requires no calling cards.
- Online offers and promos. You can get no activation fees, no upgrade fees, exclusive pricing and offers and in-store pickup by ordering online. But you may want drop by a Sprint store to compare “exclusive” in-store specials if the best deal possible is your priority.
- Free mobile hotspot. With mobile hotspots now available on most devices, Sprint customers can use their phones to stay connected on the go.
What to watch out for
Sprint offers a lot of options and opportunities to save. Make sure you understand what you’re signing up for and that it’s included in your account setup.
- Too many options. Customers complain about too many options for plan upgrades and downgrades, device payment plans, offers and more to fully understand what you’re getting at signup. Confirm that “offers” don’t cancel each other out or expire before finalizing your order.
- Cap on unlimited data. Plans come with unlimited data, but once you hit your 10GB a month, you’re demoted to slower speeds.
How do I sign up for Sprint?
Sign up for Sprint online or by dropping in to your nearest Sprint retailer.
Sprint is well known in the industry. It isn’t the one known for best coverage. It doesn’t offer the best streaming plans on the planet. And it doesn’t have the best devices and accessories in the industry. Yet somehow it hangs on among tough competition by offering a solid combination of services that could adequately satisfy each of these categories.
Common questions about Sprint
Deals & coupon codes for Sprint
|$200 off iPhone 7 256GB||
|While Supplies Last||
|Free LG G Pad F2 8.0 for well-qualified customers||