Offers a 90-day money-back guarantee, but you’ll pay out of pocket for access to your credit report.
When you apply for a loan or credit card, providers look at your credit score to determine your what they’ll charge in interest rates. If you have a poor credit score you may get a high APR or not qualify for the loan you want.
A credit repair service might be able to help you eliminate incorrect credit report entries to improve your score. We take a look at one of your credit repair options with Sky Blue to help you make a decision.
What is Sky Blue?
Sky Blue is a credit repair service founded in 1989 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. It emphasizes customer service with a commission-free business model, which means you don’t need to worry about pushy sales pitches.
Sky Blue allows you to pause your service at any time, has a 90-day money-back guarantee and offers discounts for couples.
|Couple’s discount||$99 initial fee, and then $99 per month|
|BBB rating||No Rating (NR)|
|Fee to access credit report||$39.95|
|Free credit consultation||Yes|
|Years in business||29|
|Customer service||Call at 800-790-0445 or email on a secure form on its site|
Features and benefits
Sky Blue suggests that most of its customers use its service for six months, but that you should start to see an improvement to your credit score in the first 30 days. Here are a few other benefits you can expect to enjoy with Sky Blue:
- Money-back guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your Sky Blue service within the first 90 days of membership, you can cancel your service to receive a full refund.
- Pause your service. At any time during your membership with Sky Blue, you can pause your service through your online account or by calling Sky Blue customer service.
- Couple’s discount. Sign up for Sky Blue with your spouse or domestic partner to receive a $39 discount on your monthly membership fees.
- Online account. You can monitor your credit score and track the progress of your credit repair through Sky Blue’s online portal.
How much does it cost?
|Initial set-up fee||$69|
|Credit report fee||$39.95|
|Monthly membership fee||$69|
|Monthly couple’s rate||$99|
|Monthly credit monitoring service||$14.95|
How long does Sky Blue take to improve my credit?
Sky Blue states that most of its customers see an improvement to their credit score after the first 30 days. The average Sky Blue customer uses its service for six months.
Remember that everyone’s credit situation is different and that there are no guarantees that your score can be improved with Sky Blue’s service. If you’re unhappy with your service, you can pause your membership through your online account or cancel within the first 90 days for a full refund.
Compare Sky Blue with other credit repair services
How do I sign up?
- Go to Sky Blue’s website and click Get Started.
- Enter your full name, address and email address. Review Sky Blue’s fee schedule and click Continue.
- Enter your payment information, Social Security number and date of birth. Click Complete Enrollment.
After you complete your online application, you will receive an email that contains a PDF copy of your contract with Sky Blue. Sky Blue provides instructions on how to get your credit report. Once Sky Blue has a copy of your credit report, it can analyze your score and start disputing errors on your credit report.
How do I cancel with Sky Blue?
You can pause or cancel your service with Sky Blue through your online account on the Sky Blue Portal or by calling customer service during its business hours.
If you cancel with Sky Blue within the first 90 days of service, you’ll receive a full refund.
What to watch out for
A 90-day money-back guarantee and the option to pause your service are appealing perks to membership with Sky Blue, but this service isn’t without its drawbacks:
- Credit report fee. Before Sky Blue can begin the credit repair process, it needs access to your credit reports from all three credit bureaus for $39.95.
- Setup fee. Sky Blue charges a one-time setup fee of $69 to get started with the credit repair process. This is before the monthly $69 fee for service.
- No guarantees. Sky Blue can’t guarantee any improvement to your credit score, which means you could pay for months of service and see little to no improvement to your score.
Is Sky Blue legit?
The cost of ongoing credit repair isn’t cheap. If you’re going to invest in rehabilitating your credit score, you want to know that the service you select is credible and trustworthy.
Here’s what we discovered about Sky Blue through online reviews:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB). Both the BBB and Trustpilot are unable to provide Sky Blue with a rating due to a lack of online reviews.
- Consumer Affairs. Sky Blue earns a 4.5 out of 5 rating based from 35 customer reviews in the past year. Many reviews praise the honesty and integrity of the service, with some customers stating they received helpful advice without actually signing up for a membership.
- Google. The credit repair service maintains a 4.8 out of 5 rating thanks to the 54 Google reviews that cite its friendly and knowledgeable customer service reps.
- Legal trouble. There’s no mention of Sky Blue in the news, which is a good sign. But always be on the lookout for headlines about potential scams or fraudulent behavior from credit repair service providers.
You can reach Sky Blue’s customer service by sending an email through its site or by calling 800-790-0445 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
You can also monitor the progress of your credit repair through your online account using the Sky Blue Portal.
Is there a guarantee to fix my credit report?
No, there is no guarantee that Sky Blue can repair your credit. In fact, no credit repair service can claim any guaranteed improvement of your credit score as a result of the Credit Repair Organizations Act of 1996.
The Credit Repair Organizations Act was implemented to stop the predatory business practices by credit repair companies in the past. Today, all credit repair services are required to provide potential customers with any information they need to make an informed, unbiased decision — that means not guaranteeing results.
If you’d like to try and raise your credit score, a credit repair service like Sky Blue could help. Sky Blue benefits from strong customer review ratings and offers a 90-day money-back guarantee for customers unsatisfied with its service.
You can opt to tackle the process of credit repair yourself at no cost, although it’ll cost you time. If you prefer that a credit repair company handle the process, look into your options with other providers before you make a final decision.
Images: Sky Blue credit repair