ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card
Enjoy fee-free currency exchanges between SGD and USD with this debit card.
If you like the flexibility to spend in USD in addition to Singaporean dollars, the ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card could be a great choice for you. Read on to find out what you need to know about the ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card.
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
The ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card is a good option for those who regularly visit mainland China and enjoy the freedom of being able to switch between SGD and USD. This can reduce costs if you like to shop online regularly. What’s more, you’ll be able to unlock special deals with Visa partners as you spend on your debit card.
Features of the ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card
- Multiple currencies. This multi-currency account lets you deposit or withdraw currencies including in RMB, SGD, USD, among others. You can also directly deduct from your SGD or USD account, meaning you won’t be charged currency conversion fees.
- Dual cards. You can apply for the ICBC UnionPay Debit Card with this provider, and hold both cards with the same account.
- Visa payWave. Enjoy cashless and convenient shopping experiences. Point Of Sale (POS) terminals with the Visa logo will accept your card.
- Deposit Insurance Scheme. Enjoy peace of mind that up to S$75,000 of your money is secure – ICBC is signed up to the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Shopping benefits. When you use your ICBC Visa Debit card with Visa merchants you can receive exclusive offers.
Fees and limits of the ICBC Visa Dual Currency Card
- An initial deposit of SGD500 or equivalent currency is required.
- Cash withdrawals at ICBC ATMs in mainland China are free of charge, including balance enquiries. All other ATM transactions are RMB20 while balance enquiries are RMB4
- This card comes with no annual fee
How to apply for the ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card
You currently need to visit an ICBC branch in-person to apply for this debit card. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documentation with you before you apply.
For the ICBC Visa Dual Currency Debit Card, you must be aged at least 18. Plus, you’ll have to have an opening deposit of S$500 (or an approved currency equivalent) or more to open an account.
Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs)
- NRIC (Front and Back)
- A valid pass issued by ICA (with more than 6 months’ validity); passport (more than 6 months’ validity); proof of address, such as a PUB bill or a phone bill.