Disney® Premier Visa® Card review
Get strong Disney rewards and 2% cash back on everyday spending.
- Get this card if you love everything Disney and want cash back on everyday purchases.
- Pick something else if you want more cash back and don’t care about Disney rewards.
- Recommended fair to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 2%
Intro Purchase APR
for the first 6 months on select Disney vacation packages (then to variable)
|Product Name||Disney® Premier Visa® Card|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 6 months on select Disney vacation packages (then from 17.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||17.99% variable|
|Balance transfer fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash advance rate||26.99% variable|
|Cash advance fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Interest free period||Up to 21 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $37|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $37|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Rates & fees||rates & fees|
Fans of Disney and Star Wars can use this card to enjoy discounts at Disney resorts, on purchases from a Disney location and their online store as well as Disney restaurants and salons.
Also, you get to earn double rewards dollars at restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores and most Disney locations, plus you get special financing for Disney vacations. All this can make up for the card’s annual fee.
Disney® Premier Visa® Card vs. Disney® Visa® Card
|The Disney® Premier Visa® Card||The Disney® Visa® Card|
|Sign-up Bonus||(after $500 spend in 3 months)||after first purchase|
|Cash Back||2% select categories, 1% elsewhere||1%|
|Purchase APR||17.99% variable||17.99% variable|
- Signup bonus.
Earn statement credit once you spend $500 in your first three months of account opening.
- Disney reward dollars.
Earn 2% in Disney rewards dollars on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. Earn 1% on everything else.
- Disney vacation financing.
Get 0% intro APR for 6 months on select Disney vacation packages. Once the intro period passes, your rate reverts to an APR variable of 17.99%.
Compare travel credit cards
How many rewards can I earn with the Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
|What you spend on||How much you spend||Rewards dollars|
If your annual spending looks similar to our example, you would earn $416 rewards dollars in a year.
If you clear the signup bonus, you get a total of $666 worth of rewards for the first year.
How much do I have to spend to make the annual fee worth it?
You can offset the annual fee for five years just by clearing the signup bonus. Otherwise, you’ll need to spend $2,500 annually on either of the 2% categories to break even. Everything you spend above that is a pure reward.
You’ll also like …
- Discounts on Disney and Star Wars purchases.
Get 10% off select Disney and Star Wars purchases at Disney stores and online; 10% off select merchandise of $50 or more and 10% off select dining locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Also get 15% off select guided tours at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Choose your card design.
Choose from 10 card designs from Disney and Star Wars.
- Redeem dollars toward airline travel.
Purchase an airline ticket and then redeem your reward dollars for a statement credit.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee.
You’ll pay $49 annually to own the card.
- Foreign transaction fees.
Using your card abroad will cost you a 3% fee of the amount of each transaction.
- Signup bonus eligibility.
If you own this card, or have owned it and received a bonus in the last 24 months, you may not be eligible for the signup bonus.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen or resident.
You also need to provide your:
- Full name and contact information.
- Social Security number and date of birth.
- Annual income and employment details.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
How to apply for the Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
- Go to Chase website and Apply Now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review your application and submit.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download Chase Mobile app. Pay your bills, monitor your account and more.
- Avoid interest and fees. Your due date is 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. Pay your balance by then to avoid high interest and a late payment fee.
- Customer support. Call 800-300-8575 or email email@example.com to ask questions.
How do I redeem rewards from Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
Log in to your online account or call 800-300-8575 once you reach 20 rewards dollars and request a Disney Rewards redemption card.
Once you get the card, load it any time with a minimum of 10 rewards dollars.
Use your rewards dollars:
- At Disney locations toward theme park tickets, resort stays, shopping, dining and more.
- To redeem for a statement credit toward an airline ticket purchase.
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card is most attractive for lovers of Disney and Star Wars, offering discounts on merchandise, vacations and experiences. If you’re a Disney theme park regular or make a lot of Disney purchases, this could potentially be a great card for you.
If you want to see a return on more than just your Disney spending, consider other cards that let you earn cash back across multiple categories.