Get 2% in Disney Rewards Dollars on select card purchases and 1% on all other card purchases.
- Get this card if… you love everything Disney and want discounts on your Disney vacation expenses.
- Pick something else if… you don’t make Disney related purchases.
- Recommended fair to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Sometimes our fond childhood memories can reward our adulthood in the best way. The Disney Premier Visa Card offers cash back in the form of Disney Rewards Dollars, which can be used for Disney related purchases, airline travel and movie theater tickets. Save 10% on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts and at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
|Product Name||Disney® Premier Visa® Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.74% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 6 months (then to variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% or $5 of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
If you’re a fan of all things Disney, you have two cards to earn magical rewards on your everyday spending: The Disney® Premier Visa® Card and the Disney® Visa® Card. Both cards offer discounts at Disney resorts, on purchases from a Disney location and at Disney restaurants and salons.
But unlike the Disney® Visa® Card, the Disney® Premier Visa® Card comes with a generous $200 when you spend $500 in the first 3 months of opening your account. after opening your account. You’ll also earn 2% cash back on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. And you can redeem your rewards toward a statement credit, airline travel or Disney purchases.
You’ll pay $49 a year to use this card, but you’ll make it up in the first year’s rewards alone.
Disney® Premier Visa® Card vs. Disney® Visa® Card
|The Disney® Premier Visa® Card||The Disney® Visa® Card|
|Sign-up Bonus||$200 (after $500 spend in 3 months)||$50 after first purchase|
|Cash Back||2% select categories, 1% elsewhere||1%|
|Purchase APR||17.74% variable||17.74% variable|
Earn 2% in Disney Rewards Dollars on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. 1% everywhere else.
DISNEY VACATION PERKS
Exclusive VIP Package with the purchase of premium tickets to Aladdin or The Lion King on Broadway.
Redeem Rewards Dollars for a statement credit or airline travel.
Apply for assistance in financing your Disney vacation.
10% off select merchandise, recreation experiences and dining locations.
15% off guided tours and any salon treatment at Disney resorts.
You’ll also like …
- Disney character experience. Cardmembers can attend private events to meet Disney characters.
- Sign-up bonus. Earn $200 when you spend $500 in the first 3 months of opening your account.
- Platinum status. If you’re approved for Platinum status, you’re eligible for a minimum credit limit of $5,000.
- Multiple Disney designs. Personalize your card from among five designs.
What to watch out for
- It hurts to pay late. Making late payments can cost you up to $37 in fees if your balance is over $250.
- Variable APR. While many credit cards come with variable APRs, this card’s APR can be as high as 17.74% variable .
Consider other cards if …
- You don’t love Disney. Most of the card’s rewards and opportunities revolve around Disney purchases and experiences.
- You want more cash back. Compare this card to Capital One® Premier Dining Rewards Credit Card, which provides unlimited 3% cash back on dining, 2% on groceries and 1% on all other purchases.
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee. The no-fee Disney® Visa® Card might be a better fit, but you’ll get less robust rewards on your spending.
Compare Chase credit cards
What to know before you apply
To apply for a Disney® Premier Visa® Card you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or resident.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Disney Premier Rewards Visa Card if you have a fair to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. Go to the provider’s site and click Select a card.
2. Scroll until you see the Disney® Premier Visa® Card. Click Get Started.
3. Choose your card design and click Apply Now.
4. Complete the application with your name, address, income and employer.
How long will it take to be approved?
It can take up to 30 days for card approval, although many people report hearing back much sooner — some were even emailed later that day.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. Register with Chase Online to manage your account and pay your bill online.
- Avoiding fees. Late payments can cost you up to $37. Enroll in autopay to avoid unnecessary fees.
- Customer service. While Disney Visa has a FAQ page, you may not find all the answers online. But you can call 1-800-300-8575 or email email@example.com for help.
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card is most attractive for lovers of Disney, offering perks on Disney products, vacations and experiences. If you’re a Disney theme park regular or make a lot of Disney purchases, look into its many rewards.
If you want to see a return on more than just your Disney spending, consider other cards that let you earn cash back across multiple categories.