Get accelerated Disney rewards dollars on select purchases and get Disney discounts.
- Get this card if you love everything Disney and Star Wars and want discounts on your Disney vacation expenses.
- Pick something else if you want cash back or an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
- Apply with fair to excellent credit score of 570 or higher.
|Product Name||Disney® Premier Visa® Card|
|Purchase APR||18.24% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR||0% for the first 6 months (then to variable)|
|Balance Transfer APR||18.24% variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Late Payment Fee Conditions|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Rates & Fees||Rates & Fees|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||$ 250 when you spend $500 in the first 3 months of opening your account.|
|Base Rewards||1% cash back|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
Fans of Disney and Star Wars can use this card to enjoy discounts at Disney resorts, on purchases from a Disney location and their online store and at Disney restaurants and salons.
Also, you get to earn double rewards dollars at restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores and most Disney locations, and you get special financing for Disney vacations. All this can make up for the card’s annual fee.
Another card for your vacation
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardRead more
Disney® Premier Visa® Card vs. Disney® Visa® Card
|The Disney® Premier Visa® Card||The Disney® Visa® Card|
|Sign-up Bonus||$250 (after $500 spend in 3 months)||$100 after first purchase|
|Cash Back||2% select categories, 1% elsewhere||1%|
|Purchase APR||18.24% variable||18.24% variable|
- Signup bonus.
Earn $250 statement credit once you spend $500 in your first three months of account opening.
- Disney reward dollars.
Earn 2% in Disney rewards dollars on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. Earn 1% on everything else.
- Disney vacation financing.
Get 0% intro APR for six months from the date you make your purchase of eligible Disney vacations. Once the intro period passes, your rate reverts to an APR variable of 18.24%.
Compare travel credit cards
How much rewards can I earn with the Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
|What you spend on||How much you spend||Rewards dollars|
If your annual spending looks similar to our example, you would earn 416 rewards dollars in a year.
If you clear the signup bonus, you get a total of $666 worth of rewards for the first year.
How much do I have to spend to make the annual fee worth it?
You can offset the annual fee for five years just by clearing the signup bonus. Otherwise, you’ll need to spend $2,500 annually on either of the 2% categories to break even. Everything you spend above that is a pure reward.
You’ll also like …
- Discounts on Disney and Star Wars purchases.
Get 10% off select Disney and Star Wars purchases at Disney stores and online; 10% off select merchandise of $50 or more and 10% off select dining locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Also get 15% off select guided tours at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Choose your card design.
Choose from 10 card designs from Disney and Star Wars.
- Redeem dollars toward airline travel.
Purchase an airline ticket and then redeem your reward dollars for a statement credit.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee.
You’ll pay $49 annually to own the card.
- Foreign transaction fees.
Using your card abroad will cost you a 3% fee of the amount of each transaction.
- Signup bonus eligibility.
If you own this card, or have owned it and received a bonus in the last 24 months, you may not be eligible for the signup bonus.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen or resident.
You also need to provide your:
- Full name and contact information.
- Social Security number and date of birth.
- Annual income and source of income.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval with a fair to an excellent credit score of 570 or higher.
How to apply for the Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
- Go to Chase website and Apply Now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review your application and submit.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download Chase Mobile app. Pay your bills, monitor your account and more.
- Avoid interest and fees. Your due date is 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. Pay your balance by then to avoid high interest and a late payment fee.
- Customer support. Call 800-300-8575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions.
How do I redeem rewards from Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
Log in to your online account or call 800-300-8575 once you reach 20 rewards dollars and request a Disney Rewards redemption card.
Once you get the card, load it any time with a minimum of 10 rewards dollars.
Use your rewards dollars:
- At Disney locations toward theme park tickets, resort stays, shopping, dining and more.
- To redeem for a statement credit toward an airline ticket purchase.
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card is most attractive for lovers of Disney and Star Wars, offering discounts on merchendise, vacations and experiences. If you’re a Disney theme park regular, or make a lot of Disney purchases, this could potentially be a great card for you.
If you want to see a return on more than just your Disney spending, consider other cards that let you earn cash back across multiple categories.