Improve your credit score with this rewards card that comes with 3,500 bonus miles and no annual fee for the first year.
It’s hard to rebuild your credit when you’ve had a rocky financial history. If you’re ready to improve your financial health, a secured card could be a step in the right direction.
|Product Name||AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||24.99% variable|
|Balance Transfer APR||24.99% variable|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 4% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 24 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $38|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Receive 3,500 bonus miles after your first card use.|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x miles|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
The AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card is a secured card that reports to all three major credit bureaus, helping you to build your credit with on-time payments and responsible spending.
This Visa comes with no annual fee for the first year and 3,500 bonus miles after your first swipe. Because this is a secured card, you are required to put down a minimum deposit of $300, which then becomes your line of credit.
Is the AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card for me?
Unlike debit or prepaid cards, the AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card comes with a rewards program and reports to the three major credit bureaus, helping you to rebuild your credit.
- Rewards program. Earn 2x miles for purchases on gas, groceries, AeroMexico airfare and vacation packages, and 1x miles on everyday spending.
- Graduate to an unsecured card. After 12 months of on-time payments, you may qualify for an unsecured credit card.
- Signup bonus. Get 3,500 bonus miles after you use the card for the first time plus a free round-trip companion ticket for travel from the US to Mexico.
- Travel bonuses. You won’t pay anything to check your bags. And after a year of use, you’re eligible for a $99 companion ticket on an AeroMexico flight.
- Car rental insurance. With an AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card, you’re covered for collision damage or theft on auto rentals.
- Travel insurance. You’ll receive free travel insurance coverage when you charge tickets for travel on an airline, train, ship or bus.
- Plenty of fees. You’ll pay extra for cash advances, additional cards, foreign transactions and late payments.
- Required security deposit. Requires a minimum of $300, which then becomes your line of credit.
- No intro APR. Once approved, a high 24.99% variable applies to your purchases.
- Your employment status.
- Your monthly income.
- Your monthly housing expense.
- Manage your account online. Set up an online account to monitor your spending.
- Avoid unnecessary interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 24 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Returned payments come with fees of $35, so consider signing up for autopay for payments ahead of your due date.
- Customer service. For support, call 866-749-2136 or log in to your online account to send a secure email.
If you travel, you’ll also love:
What to watch out for
By using your AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card responsibly, you can build your credit to meet your financial goals. But before you apply, consider the drawbacks below.
How to apply for AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card
Before you can apply for an AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card, you’ll need to open a U.S. Bank checking or savings account with at least $300.
To be approved for an AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card, you must be at least 18 years old, a US citizen or permanent resident and be able to provide a valid Social Security number or tax ID number. You’ll also need to provide:
1. Go to the AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card on the U.S Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. Provide your personal contact, housing, income and employment information. Indicate whether you need additional cards.
3. Finally, choose your deposit amount and decide how you will send the money, either by money order or cashier’s check. Supply your tax ID number, if applicable, and review and accept the card’s terms and conditions.
If you’re approved, you’ll be sent your secured card with a credit line that reflects your deposit. Your deposit will be used to open a U.S. Bank Secured Savings Account, which will earn interest over time and won’t be touched as long as your account is not in arrears.
I got the card. Now what?
You’re on your way to rebuilding your overall credit history and financial health. Just keep in mind a few tips to successfully manage your spending.
What customers are saying about the AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card
Comparison site Rating Type of review: Editor or number of votes/reviews NerdWallet 1 star 1 review WalletHub 3 stars 118 reviews ValuePenguin 3.4 stars, 70% Review by Robert Harrow Credit Karma 4 stars 23 votes
If you frequently fly with AeroMexico, this secured card could help you build or rebuild your credit while earning valuable miles toward future travel.
To learn more about secured card options that could better fit your spending and lifestyle, see our picks for best secured credit cards of 2017.
Common questions about AeroMexico Visa® Secured Card