PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee credit card with accelerated cash back on gas, dining and groceries.
- Get this card if you spend up to $8,000 annually on gas, dining and groceries.
- Pick something else if you want high cash back on other categories, or if you want an intro APR period on purchases.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 4%
12.99% to 22.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||$100 after spending $1,000 in the first 3 billing cycles|
|Rewards||2% on groceries, 3% on dining and 4% on gas up to $8,000 combined annually, then 1% after that and on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||12.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 billing cycles (then 12.99% to 22.99% variable)|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is aimed at those who spend heavily on gas, dining and groceries. Aside from earning rewards, you get a long intro APR period on balance transfers. This can be useful if you’re paying high interest on another account and you’re looking to move your balance and save money.
How to apply for the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
- Go to the PNC website and find the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card under Banking menu. Click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with all required details.
- Review your application and submit.
How long will it take to get my PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card?
PNC Financial Services will likely make an instant decision on your application. If manual review is required, it may take a few business days.
Upon approval, your card should arrive within four to 10 business days.
- Cash back.
Earn 4% back on gas purchases, 3% back on dining and 2% back on groceries. Your accelerated cash back is capped at $8,000 in combined purchases for these three categories annually. After that and on all other purchases, you’ll earn 1% back.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers.
Enjoy a 0% intro APR period for balance transfers for 12 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 12.99% to 22.99% will apply.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card?
|What you spend on:||How much you spend:||Cash back earned:|
If your annual spending looks similar to this, you would earn $275 cash back annually.
You’ll also like …
- No annual fee.
Get this card and earn rewards without paying an annual fee.
- Security features.
Get zero fraud liability, plus identity and credit fraud protection.
Compare cashback credit cards
Compare PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card with other cards
What to watch out for
- Balance transfer limitations.
To use the intro APR period, you must complete all your transfers within 90 days of your account opening. During this period, the fee for transfers is 3% of the transaction or $5, whichever is greater. After that, it increases to the either 4% of the transaction or $5. Balance transfers less than $200 won’t be accepted.
- Foreign transaction fee.
Any charge made outside of the US will cost you an additional 3% of the transaction.
- Penalty APR.
If you make a single late payment, you’ll pay a fee of up to $38. Also, you’ll incur a high penalty APR of 28.99% variable. To revert this rate, you need six consecutive payments of at least the minimum amount when due.
What should I know before I apply?
You must be at least 18 years old and a resident in a US state where PNC Financial Services operates.
You also need to provide your:
- Full name, residential address and contact information
- Social Security number and date of birth
- Housing status and monthly rent or mortgage
- Employment information and annual income
In which states does PNC Financial Services operate?
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
What credit score do I need?
To increase your chances of approval, apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, the Better Business Bureau rates PNC Financial Services with an A+. Most customer complaints revolve around hidden fees and PNC customer service not solving problems to the customers’ satisfaction. Most complaints are aimed at the bank rather than the credit card.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the PNC Mobile app. Use the app to pay your bills, send money with Zelle, monitor your account and more.
- Avoid interest and fees. Your due date is 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. Make sure you pay your balance by then to avoid paying a late payment fee and incurring a penalty APR.
- Customer service. If you need more information, call 800-558-8472 and the PNC customer service will assist you.
How do I redeem rewards from the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card?
To redeem your rewards, visit your online banking account at the PNC website or call the customer service number on the back of your credit card. After you make your request, you’ll need to wait up to seven days to receive your rewards.
You can only redeem cash back to your PNC Bank checking or savings account or a PNC Investments LLC account. You also need a minimum of $25 earned to redeem.
If you spend on gas, dining and groceries up to $8,000 per year, the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card could be a solid choice for you. You get to earn high cash back on these categories without paying an annual fee.
However, if this doesn’t seem like a good card for you, look for other cashback credit cards and compare your options.
Frequently asked questions
- Does this card have an annual fee?
No, the card has no annual fee.
- Is there a minimum cashback redemption threshold?
Yes, you need to have earned at least $25 to redeem.
- Do I have to enroll to earn the accelerated cash back?
No. Earning cash back with this card is automatic.