Limited by low or damaged credit? With the Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card, there’s no credit check or activation fee.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card is an easy way to get a credit card without the stress that comes with a traditional bank account.
You can use the Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card wherever Visa is accepted. It can help you pay bills and buy items when you don’t have cash on hand. And because it’s a prepaid card, you can bypass late fees and overwhelming credit debt.
The Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card is trusted by more than 7 million people, and its issuer, MetaBank, is a member of the FDIC.
Just beware of the fees that come along with this card including for balance inquiry, ATM withdrawals and transactions fees.
|Product Name||Pink Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.5% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$9.95|
- No credit check
- No activation fee
- No minimum balance
- Earn cash back
- Direct deposit fee. No fee
- Cash value load fee. Third-party fee varies by location.
- Funds transfer fee. Third-party fee varies by location.
- Mobile check load fee. Fees determined by mobile check load service provider.
- Account-to-account transfer fee. No fee for online transfers; $4.96 per transfer when initiated through an agent.
- Balance inquiry fee. No fee for viewing your balance online or by text, email or phone; $0.50 when accessed through an agent or ATM.
- Check request fee. $5.95 per request.
- Additional statement mailing fee. $5.95 per statement.
- Additional and replacement card fee. $9.95 per card.
- Card delivery fee. Free delivery for seven to 10 business days, $20 for three-day delivery, $25 for one to two-day delivery.
- Account maintenance fee. $5.95 per month.
- Overdraft protection service fee. $15 per overdraft occurrence, capped at three per month.
- Bill payment fee. Varies.
- Transaction decline fee. $1 each declined transaction.
- Stop-payment fee for ACH debit or preauthorized payment transactions. $10 each.
- Custom card fee. $4.95 per card.
- ATM withdrawal fee. $2.50 per withdrawal.
- Cash reload fee at retailers. $3.95 per reload.
- Promotional savings interest rate. 5%.
What are the benefits of the Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card?
- Get paid faster. Load money onto your card through direct deposit and get your money two days faster.
- Rewards. Earn rewards as you spend money and purchase with your card. The more you spend, the more reward offers you can qualify for.
- FDIC insured. All funds are insured up to your coverage limit.
- Multiple uses. Use the card to deposit checks, make purchases, pay bills and more.
What to watch out for
- Inactivity penalty. If you don’t use the card for at least 90 days, you’ll pay a $5.95 inactivity fee.
- Upfront card cost. If you buy the card at Walmart, CVS or other locations, you’ll pay about $4.95. However, you can get it free online.
- Fees. Watch out for potential fees that can easily accumulate as you use your card.
Am I eligible for this card?
There is no credit check required. But you must be at least 18 years old and able to prove your identity. The card is not available to residents of Vermont.
What information do I need to apply?
To sign up for the card, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information, including an email address.
- Your date of birth.
- Your bank information for direct deposit, including your routing and account numbers.
- Government-issued ID, such as your driver’s license or passport number.
How do I apply for the Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card
Applying for the Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card is quick and simple:
- Visit NetSpend’s website.
- Enter your name, contact information and ID number.
- Choose your direct deposit method.
- Choose your card’s color and design.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
Once approved, you’ll receive your card in a few weeks. You can use your card immediately after activation.
I got the prepaid card. Now what?
Once you sign up for a card, you’ll need to choose your fee plan from NetSpend’s three offerings:
|Pay-As-You-Go.||With this plan, you can expect to pay around $1 to $2 per transaction. There is no monthly fee.|
|FeeAdvantage Plan.||This plan will set you back $9.95 per month in fees. General transaction fees are included in the monthly price.|
|NetSpend Premier FeeAdvantage Plan.||You can expect to pay a $5 monthly plan fee, with a general transaction fee each month.|
All of the plans have a foreign transaction surcharge that is 3.5% of each purchase amount.
Though fees on this card can add up very quickly, withdrawal limits are higher.
Ways to add money to your card:
- Direct deposit
- NetSpend reload network locations
- Bank transfers
- Transfer money between NetSpend card accounts
- Tax refunds
Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card summary
If you want a prepaid card that doesn’t require spotless credit for approval and has relatively high withdrawal limits, the Pink NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card could be what you’re looking for. Though the card has a long list of potential fees that can add up quickly, the 5% promotional savings interest rate is more than most.
Before you apply, learn more about other prepaid cards you could be eligible for.