Planning a birthday party, baby shower, Halloween party or other event? Shop this retailer to find all the goods and gear you could ever need.
What can I buy at Party City?
- Party supplies for every occasion. Shop a practically endless supply of party must-haves, including table settings, balloons, decorations, banners and favors — all available in every color under the sun.
- Holiday and themed decor. Find everything you need for your next holiday bash or themed party, like Easter eggs, Santa hats and shamrock mugs.
- Toys and games. From kid’s birthday gifts to party favors, there’s a huge selection of toys, games and activities here.
- Halloween costumes. Make this Halloween your most creative yet. Shop men’s, women’s and kid’s costumes, plus find all the accessories, paint and makeup you need.
How do I use my coupon code?
Why is my code not working?
Make sure your code isn’t expired, case-sensitive or unavailable for the items in your cart. If you’re still having trouble, contact Party City directly for help with a specific code.
Party City sizing guide: What size do I need?
Party City provides a general sizing guide to help you choose the right costume size.
Teen/women’s size chart
|Size||Dress size||Height||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)||Hips (inches)|
|Teen S||3–5||up to 5’5″||35||28||36|
|Teen M||7–9||up to 5’7″||37||30||39|
|Teen L||11–13||up to 5’9″||39||32||42|
|Women’s S||2–4||up to 5’8″||34||26.5||37|
|Women’s M||6–8||up to 5’8″||37||28.5||39|
|Women’s L||10–12||up to 5’8″||39||30.5||42|
|Women’s XL||14–16||up to 5’10”||42||34||45|
|Women’s 2XL||18–20||up to 5’10”||46||38||48|
|Women’s 3X||22–24||up to 5’10”||50||44||52|
|Women’s S/M||2–8||up to 5’8″||37||28.5||39|
|Women’s M/L||6–12||up to 5’8″||39||30.5||42|
|Women’s L/XL||10–16||up to 5’10”||42||34||45|
|Women’s standard||6–8||up to 5’8″||37||28.5||39|
|Women’s plus||18–20||up to 5’10”||46||38||48|
Girl’s size chart
|Size||Dress size||Height||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)|
|2T||N/A||up to 35″||21||20|
|3–4T||N/A||up to 40″||23||22|
|S||4–6||up to 44″||25||23|
|M||8–10||up to 56″||28||24.5|
|L||12–14||up to 61″||32||26|
|XL||14–16||up to 63″||33.5||27|
|Standard||N/A||up to 56″||28||24.5|
|One size||N/A||up to 56″||28||24.5|
Men’s size chart
|Size||Jacket size||Height||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)|
|M||40–42||up to 5’11”||42||36|
|L||42–44||up to 5’11”||44||40.5|
|XL||44–46||up to 5’11”||46||42|
|2X||48–52||up to 6’0″||52||46|
|3X||54–56||up to 6’4″||56||50|
|S/M||40–42||up to 5’11”||42||36|
|L/XL||44–46||up to 5’11”||46||42|
|One size||40–42||up to 5’11”||42||36|
|Standard||40–42||up to 5’11”||42||36|
|Plus||48–52||up to 6’0″||52||46|
Boy’s size chart
|Size||Height (inches)||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)||Hips (inches)||Inseam (inches)|
Is Party City plus-size friendly?
Yes, Party City does offer some costumes in plus sizes for women and men. Refer to the sizing charts above for general sizing guidelines.
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Party City occasionally offers free shipping promotions if you spend a certain amount, but these are limited-time only. Otherwise, expect to pay for shipping.
Shipping fees vary by order amount, location and delivery speed.
|Order total||Ground||3-day select||2nd-day air||Next-day air||Next-day air Saturday delivery|
|Up to $100||$7.99||$12.99||$19.99||$29.99||$34.99|
Add $10 for deliveries to Alaska or Hawaii, and add $5 for deliveries to APO/FPO addresses.
How can I track my order?
You should get an email from Party City with tracking information once your order ships. Or go to its website and enter your order number and billing address ZIP code to view your order status.
Party City accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.
Its website and checkout page are secured and encrypted by Network Solutions OV, so you can safely transmit sensitive information through its servers. For an added layer of security, choose the PayPal payment option.
What is Party City’s return policy?
Most items can be returned for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase with a store receipt or shipping invoice, but there are some exceptions:
- All return items must be in a new condition — unopened, unworn — and in their original packaging.
- Seasonal merchandise can be returned up to seven days before the holiday, unopened and with a receipt. Otherwise, only exchanges will be accepted.
- Online Halloween orders can be returned within 30 days of purchase, up until October 24.
- Party kits must be complete to be accepted for a return.
- Custom and personalized items cannot be returned.
- Helium tanks cannot be returned.
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
- Store credit can only be used in-store, not online.
Can I exchange an item for a different color or size?
Yes, Party City does accepts exchanges. Contact customer service for more information about exchanging a product.
Are Party City returns free?
No, you’ll need to arrange and pay for return shipping.
How do I return items to Party City?
Take your return item to your local Party City or send it back by mail, following these steps:
- Locate Party City’s return form on its website and complete it, indicating the reason for return.
- Include the return form, along with your original invoice, inside the return package.
- Include all original packaging where possible.
- Mail your return with your choice of carrier and use a tracking service.
Party City returns address
Send returns to:
2727 W. Diehl Rd.
Naperville, IL 60563
When’s the next sale?
Look for the biggest sales around holidays like Halloween, Easter, Christmas and the Fourth of July. During other times of the year, you might be able to snag a free shipping promo, but these usually require a minimum purchase amount.
Another way to save is by shopping the Clearance page, where you can save up to 75% on holiday merch after the big event. So start planning next year’s party and save now.
What sets this brand apart?
With over 900 stores in the US, Canada and Mexico, Party City is the largest party supply retailer in North America. Although the brand originally focused much of its energy on Halloween, Party City began opening seasonal Christmas pop-up stores called Toy City across the country in 2018 — a play to garner extra business after the announcement of Toys “R” Us’s closing.
What do people say about this brand?
Party City has earned a reputation for being a convenient one-stop-shop for all things parties. But the company seems to be lacking in the customer service department according to online reviews. While not accredited by the BBB, Party City currently holds a D rating for six unresolved complaints.
What is Party City’s history?
Recognizing a need for an inclusive party supply store, Steve Mandell founded Party City in 1986 in East Hanover, New Jersey. Mandell saw immediate success and opened a second store in his second year of business. Soon after, individuals began to approach him about opening franchise stores, and before long, the big-name retailer that we know today was born.
The company’s website launched in 2009, adding a Party Ideas section in 2011 with shopping checklists for just about any party or event someone might be planning. In 2018, Party City opened 50 pop-up Christmas stores across the country, called Toy City.
How can I contact customer support?
To get in touch with Party City customer service:
- Call 800-PARTY CITY or 800-727-8924
- Fill out its online contact form
What about social media?
Party City is on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. Use the hashtag #PartyCity to tag the company in your party pics for a chance to get featured on its pages. If you’re on the hunt for some serious party inspiration, don’t miss its YouTube Channel, where you’ll find party ideas for all ages and interests.
Why should I shop at Party City?
- Large selection. Find everything from table settings and balloons to Halloween costumes and leprechaun suits.
- Save on next year’s holiday supplies. Shop clearance seasonal merchandise and save up to 75%.
- Party ideas. Check out unique party ideas on its website and find everything you need to pull it off all in one place.
- No free shipping. Unless there’s a special free-shipping promo, expect to pay for delivery.
- Customer complaints. Some shoppers say they’ve had issues with poor customer service.
If you’re planning any type of party or event, Party City can be a good place to start your search for supplies. While you may have to pay for shipping and returns, the vast selection of party goods is worth a look.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best outdoor nativity sets
These nativity scenes will add an extra dose of cheer to your front yard, just in time for Christmas. Find the top sites to shop.
Finder’s 2021 Bitcoin Predictions Report
58% of panelists expect the Bitcoin bull run to last until at least the second half of 2021.
How to separate your finances during divorce
Ways to protect your assets and what you need to know about marital debt.
Features and drawbacks to consider before you invest through Yieldstreet.
Top 6 winter fashion trends perfect for that Netflix & chill vibe
From cozy oversized coats to statement sleeves and necklines that prompt double takes, here are the trends you need in your closet as the new year begins.
Made-in-the-USA Christmas gift ideas
We zeroed in on gifts from American-owned businesses that mesh well with social distancing measures this season.
Tree removal financing with credit cards
If you need to remove a tree from your property, consider paying with plastic.
Where to buy yoga shorts
Say “namaste” in bottoms designed for downward dog.
Xbox One review and buying guide
Trying to choose the right gaming console for you and your family? You’ll find everything you need to know about Microsoft’s Xbox One console right here.
Where to buy unique hoodies
7 sites to buy unique hoodies online.
Ask an Expert