Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ review
Rare premium travel perks, paired with subpar rewards.
finder.com’s rating: 2.4 / 5
- Get this card if you want luxury travel features and a great redemption rate on airfare.
- Pick something else if you want a good redemption rate on other rewards, or you want more premium perks.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 740 and higher.
Up to 1x
Purchase APR (variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 15 billing cycles (then 14.99% variable)
|Rewards||1x points on all purchases with 2% point value when you redeem for airfare and 1% for cash back|
|Purchase APR||14.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 15 billing cycles (then 14.99% variable)|
|Recommended minimum credit score||740|
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ is a metal credit card with a higher-than-average $195 annual fee. While its 1x points on all purchases isn’t impressive, it offers a solid 2% redemption rate on airfare. You’ll find discounts on luxury services, such as Airport Meet & Assist, chauffeured transportation and travel caching. Furthermore, you’ll get access to special experiences exclusive to Luxury Card members.
However, for most consumers, the Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ won’t offer quite enough perks to justify its cost. The lack of a signup bonus is puzzling, and you can earn much higher reward rates with other travel cards. Neither are there travel credits, which is common with higher-priced cards.
For $55 more per year, you can sign up for the American Express® Gold Card, which boasts a welcome offer, excellent rewards on dining, groceries and flights, and up to $220 a year in credits.
How to apply for the Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™
- Click Apply now.
- Complete the application form with details like your name, address, employment and financial information, contact information and security information.
- Review your application and click Apply to submit it.
How long will it take to get my Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™?
If you’re approved, you’ll likely receive your card in the mail within seven to 10 business days. Welcome materials will be sent with the card, as well as a pocket guide so you can keep the ins and outs of the card on hand.
- Rewards: 1x points on all purchases. Earn 1 point per dollar you spend on every purchase. Rewards points are unlimited, so every eligible purchase counts towards your balance.
Redeem points for airfare at a redemption rate of 2%. That means you essentially earn 2x points on all purchases as long as you redeem all of your rewards for airfare.
- Intro balance transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 billing cycles following each transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of your account opening. Afterward, your balance transfer APR will be 14.99% variable.
It’s uncommon to find a balance transfer intro APR with premium travel cards, especially with one as strong of a period as Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™.
- Luxury Card Travel. Receive room upgrades, spa credits, complimentary food and beverage and more at over 3,000 properties when you book through Luxury Card Travel.
The Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ comes with a suite of unique and helpful travel features. Through Airport Meet & Assist, a representative can meet you once you land at the airport and ensure a smooth start to your trip. You can arrange a personal chauffeur to take you to important events, and you can ship your luggage ahead of time to your travel destination so you don’t have to haul it yourself.
Other benefits include cruise privileges, yacht and private jet charter services, access to stable wireless communication while traveling and car rental perks.
You’ll also like …
- Mastercard Priceless. Access exclusive travel opportunities through Priceless Cities and one-of-a-kind events through Priceless Surprises. Also, receive special golf offers and invitations to unique events with Priceless Golf.
- Luxury Card Concierge. Contact the Luxury Card Concierge 24/7 if you need help with travel plans, finding gifts, getting tickets to exclusive shows and more.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use the Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ abroad and at foreign websites without paying a fee. Typically, providers charge up to a 3% fee, though 0% transaction fees are common among travel cards.
- Luxury Magazine. Receive a complimentary subscription to Luxury Magazine, a biannual publication highlighting the best in travel, real estate, fashion, technology and vehicles.
- Travel benefits. Enjoy baggage and trip delay insurance, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, travel accident insurance and auto rental collision waivers. You’ll have access to Global Assistance Service, which offers emergency card replacement and emergency cash advances. You’ll also get access to Travel Assistance Service, which offers pretrip destination services like visa and passport information as well as referrals to professional services while you’re traveling.
- Purchase benefits. Get Price Protection on products you buy with your card, which partially reimburses you for eligible items if you find lower prices elsewhere. You’ll enjoy Purchase Assurance, which covers eligible items against theft or other damages within the first 90 days of purchase. Satisfaction Guarantee offers refunds on eligible purchases if the original retailer doesn’t accept your return within 90 days of purchase. And Extended Warranty Protection doubles each manufacturer’s original warranties under 24 months when you purchase items with your Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™.
Luxury Card™ Mastercard® products at a glance
|Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™||Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™||Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™|
|Rewards||1x points on all purchases||1x points on all purchases||1x points on all purchases|
|Rewards redemption rates||2% for airfare; 1% for cash back and statement credits||2% for airfare; 1.5% for cash back and statement credits||2% for airfare; 2% for cash back and statement credits|
|Luxury Card Concierge|
|Luxury Card Travel benefits|
|Annual airline credit||None||$100||$200|
|Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit||None||$100 every five years||$100 every five years|
|Priority Pass Select membership||No||Yes||Yes|
What to watch out for
- Annual fee: $195. The Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ has a unique annual fee. It’s priced higher than most mid-tier travel cards but significantly lower than premium travel cards. Overall, it’s not exactly a cheap card.
Compare travel credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
Collect the necessary information before applying for the Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a resident of the United States, with the exception of Puerto Rico and US territories.
- Your name, address and residence status.
- Your employment and financial information, such as your total annual income.
- Your contact information.
- Your security information, including your date of birth, Social Security number and mother’s maiden name.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have better approval odds if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 740 or above. While you can’t request a specific credit limit, a history of responsible spending habits and on-time payments will likely land you with a higher one.
Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ reviews and complaints
Cardholders often say other travel cards offer better value. However, many of them like the card’s rewards and travel features such as Luxury Card Concierge and chauffeur service.
Barclays Bank Delaware has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), though it isn’t yet accredited as of October 2020. Unhappy cardholders mention slow card delivery, unexpected account freezes, disputed charge offs and sudden credit-limit decreases. According to the BBB, Barclays has answered or resolved most customer complaints.
On Trustpilot, Barclays has received a 1.4 out of 5 customer rating as of October 2020.
I got the card. Now what?
- Set up online access. You can register for an account at the My Luxury Card website. This lets you view and manage your account online.
- Enroll in autopay. Set up automatic payments to ensure you pay your card bill on time.
- Avoid interest. The Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ comes with an ongoing APR of 14.99% variable for purchases and balance transfers, which is around the average for credit cards. Still, consider paying off your balance each month to avoid accruing debt.
- Avoid fees. Balance transfers and cash advances come with fees. Late and returned payments come with fees as high as $39, depending on your state.
- Contact customer service.If you have issues with your account, contact the number at the back of your card. Alternatively, you can contact 844-LUX-CARD (844-589-2274).
The Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™ can be a good pick if you want access to a few premium perks you’d normally find only with higher-priced cards. It doesn’t offer spectacular rewards, but you’ll earn solid points as long as you redeem them only for airfare.
For a more flexible experience, you may want to consider general travel rewards cards.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.