Looking for a credit card to keep up with your status? This card — made with 24K gold — offers exclusive VIP benefits.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™ is known as a card of high status. Made of 24-karat gold, it holds the key to industry-leading rewards and doubles reward points when redeemed for airfare.
|Product Name||Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for for the first 15 billing cycles (with the amount of each transfer, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||16.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||16.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.74% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% (minimum $10) of the amount of each cash advance|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$295|
- Intro balance transfer APR. Enjoy 0% APR for 15 billing cycles on balance transfers you make within the first 45 days.
- Made of brushed stainless steel. The Gold Card isn’t just packed with features — you’ll also feel its heft with each swipe. Plus, its gleams in 24-karat plating.
The Gold Card feels like a luxury card
The Gold Card is gold-plated up front, constructed of carbon in the back. It’s so luxurious, the card’s design is protected by US Patents D677,330 and 8,640,948.
- Airfare benefits. Save up 50,000 rewards points and redeem them for a $1,000 ticket on any airline, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
- Luxury Card Concierge. Call Mastercard’s 24/7 concierge service for any request — from making travel plans to booking sold-out shows.
- Redeem points for airfare and cash. Get 2% value on airfare and 2% on cash back. Redeem your points for a wide number of categories that include travel, merchandise, gift cards and experiences. Earn unlimited points with no blackout or expiration dates.
- Free subscription to Luxury. This members-only magazine covers topics important to high-net-worth individuals: travel, fashion, home design, real estate and more.
- VIP travel benefits. Get perks like a $200 annual travel credit, a $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee credit, luxury gifts, chauffeured transportation, charter services and Global Luggage Delivery.
More powerful perks than the Titanium Card and Black Card
The Gold Card comes with a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. You won’t get that with Mastercard’s entry-level Titanium Luxury Card.
It also offers a $200 annual travel credit — double what you’ll get with the mid-tier Black Card.
Finally, you’ll get complimentary membership in Priority Pass Select, through which you can put your feet up in more than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide.
You’ll also like …
- Global assistance service. Enjoy worldwide 24-hour emergency assistance with your Luxury Card, including emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance services.
- Travel insurance. Enjoy extensive travel coverage, including trip cancellation and interruption, rental car and travel accident insurance.
You're protected by a suite of travel insurance benefits
The Gold Card includes primary car rental insurance and insurance for trip and luggage mishaps, including:
- Travel medical insurance. Up to $150,000 reimbursement for medical expenses, emergency travel costs for family, hospital cash, medical transfers, repatriation and hotel expenses.
- Trip interruption, cancellation and delay insurance. Up to $3,000 for loss of travel and accommodation expenses.
- Trip delay insurance. Up to $200 if trip is delayed for four hours or more.
- Baggage delay insurance. Up to $600 for baggage delays of four hours or more.
- Lost baggage insurance. Up to $3,000 for lost luggage.
- Travel accident insurance. Up to $1 million per person for accidental death or dismemberment of you or a family member while traveling both domestically and internationally.
- Robbery protection insurance. Between $1,000 and $10,000 of coverage per incident, depending on the severity of the crime.
- Car rental insurance. Up to $75,000 in primary coverage for car rentals up to 60 days, excluding select countries.
- Travel assistance service. If your travel documents are stolen or lost, MasterTrip Travel Assistance can help. It can also provide medical, law, embassy and consulate referrals.
- Purchase protection. Get extended warranties, price protection and return protection on your new items.
What to watch out for
- You face stiff interest if you carry a balance. If you don’t pay off your balance in full monthly, you’ll face a steep interest rate on the amount you carry over.
- High annual fee. You’ll pay $995 a year to use this card and $295 for each additional user.
- Shorter billing cycle. Expect your due date to be at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle.
- Required credit check. Luxury Card will obtain your credit report with each application. While we don’t know the exact credit requirements, blogs suggest a 715+ FICO Score for approval.
Am I even eligible?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a permanent resident of the US or a US territory.
How to apply for the Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™
To apply, go to Luxury Card’s homepage and select the card you wish to apply for. You can choose from the Mastercard Gold Card, the Mastercard Black Card and the Mastercard Titanium Card.
After you select the card you desire, click Apply Now to be taken to the application page.
What information do I need to apply?
To apply, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and personal contact information, including your phone number and email address.
- Your employment information and annual income.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number
You will also be asked how you prefer to receive your statements: electronically or by mail.
I got the credit card! Now what?
Once you’re approved for the card you can start racking up rewards and enjoying luxury benefits.
Pay your full balance to avoid interest payments
If you don’t pay your full balance by the due date each month, you’ll pay interest on any remaining balance. You can expect your due date 23 days after your billing cycle closes. The minimum amount of interest charged is $0.50.
If you’re looking for a high-status card with VIP travel access and luxury benefits, the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card may be the card for you. The annual fee isn’t cheap, but the card offers quality benefits and numerous member-only perks.
However, compare the benefits of other credit card options before deciding on a card that’s right for you.