Earn rewards when you swipe this card of stainless steel and carbon that exudes durability and distinction.
The Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ is a symbol of status. As a cardholder, you’ll enjoy a top-tier rewards program and even rake in double rewards points when you redeem them for airfare.
The card includes a variety of benefits, like a 0% introductory APR for balance transfers and a 0% fee for foreign transactions. But what really makes this card stand out is its travel perks.
|Product Name||Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first 15 billing cycles (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||16.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||16.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.74% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$195|
- Global Entry Application Fee Credit.
- Luxury gifts.
- Rewards program.
- Airline credit.
- Required monthly payment in full.
- High annual fee.
- No intro APR.
- Shorter billing cycle.
- Intro balance transfer APR. Enjoy 0% APR for 15 billing cycles on balance transfers you make within the first 45 days.
- Made of brushed stainless steel. The Black Card isn’t only packed with member features, but you’ll also feel its weight with each use.
The Black Card feels like a luxury card
The Black Card is constructed of stainless steel up front and carbon on the back — a design that’s protected by US Patents D677,330 and 8,640,948.
- Airfare benefits. Save up 50,000 rewards points and redeem them for a $1,000 ticket on any airline, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
- Luxury Card Concierge. Call Mastercard’s 24/7 concierge service for any request — from arranging flights and hotels plans to booking the latest Broadway show.
- Redeem points for airfare and cash back. Get 2% value on airfare and 1.5% on cash back. Redeem points for travel, merch, gift cards, experiences and more. And earn unlimited points with no blackout dates or expiration.
- Complimentary subscription to Luxury. This members-only magazine covers topics important to high-net-worth individuals: travel, fashion, home design, real estate and more.
- VIP travel benefits. Keep up with wide-ranging perks that include a $100 annual travel credit, a $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit, luxury gifts, chauffeured transportation, charter services and Global Luggage Delivery.
More powerful perks than the Titanium Card
The Black Card comes with a $100 annual travel credit and a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. You won’t get that with Mastercard’s entry-level Titanium Luxury Card.
You’ll also receive free membership in Priority Pass Select, which allows you to put up your feet in more than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide.
You’ll also like …
- Global assistance service. Enjoy worldwide 24-hour emergency assistance with your Luxury Card, including emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance services.
- Travel insurance. Enjoy extensive travel coverage, including trip cancellation and interruption, rental car and travel accident insurance.
You're protected by a suite of travel insurance benefits
The Black Card includes primary car rental insurance and insurance for trip and luggage mishaps, including:
- Travel medical insurance. Up to $150,000 reimbursement for medical expenses, emergency travel costs for family, hospital cash, medical transfers, repatriation and hotel expenses.
- Trip interruption, cancellation and delay insurance. Up to $3,000 for loss of travel and accommodation expenses.
- Trip delay insurance. Up to $200 if trip is delayed for four hours or more.
- Baggage delay insurance. Up to $600 for baggage delays of four hours or more.
- Lost baggage insurance. Up to $3,000 for lost luggage.
- Travel accident insurance. Up to $1 million per person for accidental death or dismemberment of you or a family member while traveling both domestically and internationally.
- Robbery protection insurance. Between $1,000 and $10,000 of coverage per incident, depending on the severity of the crime.
- Car rental insurance. Up to $75,000 in primary coverage for car rentals up to 60 days, excluding select countries.
- Travel assistance service. If your find yourself without travel documents — whether lost or stolen — MasterTrip Travel Assistance can help. It also provides medical, law, embassy and consulate referrals.
- Purchase protection. Get extended warranties, price protection and return protection on your new items.
What to watch out for
- Balances attract high interest. You’ll need to pay off your monthly balance in full or pay a steep interest rate on the amount you carry over.
- High annual fee. Among the most expensive cards out there, Black comes with a $495 annual fee and a $195 free for each additional user.
- No intro APR. Expect to pay the full 16.49% variable APR as soon as you start using the card.
- Shorter billing cycle. Expect your due date to be at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle.
- Required credit check. When you apply, you give the OK for Luxury Card to obtain your credit report. While we don’t know the exact credit requirements, blogs suggest a 715+ FICO Score for approval.
Am I even eligible?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a permanent resident of the US or a US territory.
How to apply for the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
To apply, go to Luxury Card’s homepage and select from the Mastercard® Gold Card™, the Mastercard® Black Card™ and the Mastercard® Titanium Card™.
After you select the card you’d like, click Apply Now to be taken to your application.
What information do I need to apply?
To apply, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and personal contact information, including your phone number and email address.
- Your employment information and annual income.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number
You will also be asked how you prefer to receive your statements: electronically or by mail.
I got the credit card. Now what?
Once you’re approved for your Luxury Card Mastercard Black Card, rack up valuable rewards to begin enjoying a wide range of luxury benefits.
Pay your full balance to avoid interest payments
If you don’t pay your full balance by your monthly due date, you’ll pay interest on any remaining balance. You can expect your due date 23 days after your billing cycle closes. The minimum amount of interest charged is $0.50.
If you’re looking for a card offering stellar airline and travel perks but not an extremely high annual fee, the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card is a solid option. Bookended by the Titanium Card and Gold Card, the Luxury Card Mastercard Black Card also offers a convenient 0% balance transfer intro APR and 24/7 concierge services.
But take a look at the benefits of other credit card options to find a card that fits your lifestyle and budget.