Earn rewards when you swipe this card of stainless steel and carbon that exudes durability and distinction.
- Get this card if you want premium travel perks such as global luggage delivery and Airport Meet and Assist.
- Pick something else if you want a signup bonus, strong travel rewards or excellent travel credits.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™|
|Standard Purchase APR||17.24% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR|
|Standard Balance Transfer APR||17.24% variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 15 billing cycles (then 17.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$195|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Rewards||1x points on all purchases with 2% point value when you redeem for airfare and 1.5% for cash back|
|Base Rewards||1x points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
While this card competes with powerhouses such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, it doesn’t have a signup bonus or the higher-value travel credits often offered by other travel cards. It does, however, come with such premium perks as access to global luggage delivery, Airport Meet and Assist, private-jet charters and more. You’ll also get a solid 2% rewards rate on airfare redemptions, though you can find that same rate with lower annual fee cards such as the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card.
The Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ feels like a luxury card
The Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ is constructed of stainless steel up front and carbon on the back — a design that’s protected by US Patents D677,330 and 8,640,948.
Rewards: 1x points on all purchases.
This gets better when you consider redemption rates.
Airfare redemptions start at 50 points for $1, giving you a 2% redemption rate. You’ll get a 1.5% redemption rate for statement credit and cash back, and 1% for hotels and car rentals.
This card doesn’t offer the glitziest rewards. However, it offers a solid rewards rate as long as you redeem your points only for airfare. With this in mind, you can effectively earn 2x points on every purchase.
Annual $100 airline credit.
Use this credit for airline charges such as tickets, upgrades and baggage fees. You don’t need to redeem it; it’s applied automatically for eligible purchases.
Priority Pass Select membership.
With Priority Pass Select, you’ll get complimentary access to more than 1,200 airport lounges around the world.
This perk could be worth hundreds of dollars: The Priority Pass Prestige membership, which offers unlimited complimentary lounge entry for the primary member, costs $429 a year.
Credit for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application.
Receive this credit every five years, which is the length of time a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck membership is valid.
You’ll also like…
No foreign transaction fees.
Use this card abroad without incurring a transaction fee. Since it’s a Mastercard, it’s widely accepted around the world.
Luxury Card Concierge.
The Luxury Card Concierge is billed as a lifestyle management service, and it’s available 24/7. Use it for help booking travel itineraries, making dinner reservations at first-class restaurants, finding exclusive gifts for loved ones and more.
From time to time, you’ll also receive luxury gifts for being a cardmember.
Luxury Card Travel benefits
Leverage these Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ perks for a premium travel experience.
- Global Luggage Delivery. Before you travel, send your luggage to your destination so it’s waiting for you as you arrive. Luxury Card guarantees on-time delivery.
- Car rentals. Rent vehicles from Luxury Card’s partners. Access special pricing, upgrades and pickup locations.
- Cruise perks. Get special benefits and amenities when you travel with Luxury Card’s 20-plus cruise-line partners.
- Charter services. As a Luxury Card member, you can charter private jets or yachts.
- Chauffeured transportation. Arrange transportation and service from a personal chauffeur for your next important event.
- Airport Meet and Assist. When you arrive at your destination, a dedicated agent can escort you through airport processes.
Priceless Cities lets you access special events and excursions near you.
Through Priceless Golf, you can meet Mastercard Golf Ambassadors, get golf instruction, play on Tournament Players Club courses and join Pro-Am events.
Through Priceless Surprises, you may receive exclusive products or experiences just for using your card.
Complimentary subscription to LUXURY MAGAZINE.
This is a quarterly publication that covers travel, vehicles, fashion, technology, real estate and more.
Extensive travel and purchase protection
This card comes with a suite of Mastercard travel protections, including:
- Baggage delay insurance.
- Trip delay insurance.
- Travel accident insurance.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- Travel Assistance Service.
- Auto rental collision waivers.
It also offers purchase protections, such as:
Luxury Card™ Mastercard® products at a glance
|Luxury Card Mastercard® Titanium Card™||Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™||Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™|
|Rewards||1x points on all purchases||1x points on all purchases||1x points on all purchases|
|Rewards redemption rates||2% for airfare; 1% for cash back and statement credits||2% for airfare; 1.5% for cash back and statement credits||2% for airfare; 2% for cash back and statement credits|
|Luxury Card Concierge|
|Luxury Card Travel benefits|
|Annual airline credit||None||$100||$200|
|Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit||None||$100 every five years||$100 every five years|
|Priority Pass Select membership||No||Yes||Yes|
What to watch out for
Annual fee: $495.
No signup bonus.
A signup bonus is standard in travel cards — even those with no annual fees. This card has doesn’t offer one.
You’ll receive the Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit every five years.
Other cards may give you this credit every four to four and a half years. This lets you reapply for Global Entry or TSA Precheck and leverage the credit well before your membership expires.
You’ll earn stronger rewards elsewhere for categories such as travel and dining.
These categories are the sweet spot for cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Furthermore, The Platinum Card® from American Express is a much better choice for flight and hotel rewards.
Other cards offer more lucrative travel credits.
A $100 airline credit is always welcome, but it shrinks when compared to credits from other premium cards.
Other premium credit cards with travel credits
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Up to $200 in annual Uber credits.
- Up to $200 in annual airline-fee credits.
Compare similar travel credit cards
How a balance transfer works with the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- A resident of the United States. Unfortunately, you’re ineligible if you’re a resident of a US territory.
- Full name
- Permanent address, time at this address and residence status
- Occupation and total annual gross income
- Phone number and email address
- Citizenship status
- Date of birth, Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have better approval odds if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or above.
What do customers say about the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™?
Many consumers say the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ doesn’t hold up against other luxury travel cards, especially for its price. In their estimation, you can get stronger travel credits, rewards and benefits with other products.
Barclays Bank Delaware has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and has been accredited by the bureau since 2001. However, it has an average customer rating of just over 1 out of 5 stars.
The bank currently has over 1,100 customer complaints. Unhappy cardholders mention slow card delivery, unexpected account freezes, disputed charge offs and sudden credit-limit decreases. According to the BBB, Barclays has answered or resolved most customer complaints.
How to apply for the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
- Click apply now to go to the Luxury Card website.
- Complete the application with details like your full name, contact information, financial information and Social Security number.
- Review your details and submit your application.
I got the card. Now what?
- Register for an online account. Go to the Luxury Card website and sign up for online access. You’ll need the last four digits of your Social Security number, your date of birth, your Luxury Card account number, your occupation and your citizenship status.
- Avoid late and returned payments. You could be hit with fees as high as $37 per infraction.
- Make balance transfers to take advantage of the intro APR. You can qualify for the intro APR up to 45 days after account opening. Keep in mind each transfer comes with a fee of $5 or 3%.
- Contact customer support. Call 844-724-2600 to reach the Luxury Card Customer Service Team.
Other premium cards offer better signup bonuses, travel credits and travel rewards. However, you might like the high-class travel perks that come with the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™.
If you’re not sure this is the right card for you, compare other luxury credit cards.