We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
L.L. Bean promo codes
An outdoor outfitter with over 100 years of history.
This iconic retailer has been offering high-quality outdoor apparel, gear and equipment for more than a century. Most recently, L.L. Bean launched a selection of outdoor schools, adventure trips and kid’s camps.
Popular L.L. Bean coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|26 Nov 2019||Clearance sale - save up to 70% off select clothing, outerwear & footwear at L.L.Bean||********|
|9 Mar 2019||10% off of your first order||********|
What can I buy at L.L. Bean?
- Footwear. The first product this brand ever offered was its iconic Maine Hunting Shoe. Today, the company is still well-known for its selection of durable outdoor footwear for the whole family.
- Clothing. Find everything you need for any condition for men, women and kids.
- Outdoor equipment. Shop camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, paddling and other outdoor essentials.
- Luggage and bags. Whether you’re headed on a weekend getaway or a week-long hike, you’ll find the luggage, bags and other travel must-haves you need here.
- Home goods. Shop nature-inspired furniture, rugs, bedding, decor, dog supplies and more.
- Outdoor schools and activities. Sign up to learn a new skill like how to fly fish or do stand-up paddle board yoga. Or schedule a trip like Wicked Easy Camping or One-Night Maine Bike and Kayak Trip.
Brands you can purchase from L.L. Bean
L.L. Bean stocks a variety of top brands in outdoor equipment, including:
How do I use my coupon code?
Why is my code not working?
If your coupon code isn’t working, check to see if it may be expired, case-sensitive or not available for the items in your cart. Contact L.L. Bean directly for assistance.
L.L. Bean sizing guide: What size do I need?
You’ll find specific size guides for each item on their product page, but L.L. Bean also provides the following general sizing guides.
Women’s size chart
|US size||Bust (inches)||Waist (inches)||Hips (inches)|
Men’s size chart
|US size||Neck (inches)||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)||Regular sleeve (inches)||Tall sleeve (inches)|
Kids’ size chart
|US size||Height (inches)||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)||Hips (inches)||Girls’ torso (inches)|
Is L.L. Bean plus-size friendly?
Yes, L.L. Bean does offer some women’s styles in 1X, 2X and 3X sizes, and select men’s styles in “tall” sizes. Men’s tall sizes are two inches longer overall and one inch longer at the sleeve.
Women’s plus sizes
|US size||Bust (inches)||Waist (inches)||Hips (inches)|
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Yes. Orders of $50 or more qualify for free delivery to the US and Canada. L.L. Bean Mastercard holders earn free shipping on all orders, no matter the amount.
If your order doesn’t meet the minimum requirement for free shipping, you’ll pay these rates:
|Shipping method||Fee||Delivery time|
|Standard shipping (orders under $50)||$6||3–6 business days|
|Express shipping (continental US)||$15||3 business days|
|Express shipping (AK & HI)||$17||4 business days|
|Shipping method||Fee||Delivery time|
|Standard shipping (orders under $50)||$6||4–9 business days|
|Express shipping||$15||3–6 business days|
How can I track my order?
Look for an email from L.L. Bean with your tracking information once your order ships. You can also log into your L.L. Bean account or enter your order number, last name, billing ZIP code and country on its website to look up your order and view its status.
L.L. Bean accepts these payment methods:
- American Express
- EuroCard VISA/Mastercard
- Any gift card with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express logo
- L.L.Bean gift cards and merchandise credit
- Bean Bucks
The company’s website and checkout page are secured by Norton, and all information transmitted through its servers is encrypted to protect your payment and personal information.
What is L.L. Bean’s return policy?
Most items can be returned within one year for a full refund of the original purchase price. You’ll need to provide proof of purchase to return an item.
The following items cannot be returned:
- Products damaged by misuse, abuse, improper care or accidents
- Products that show signs of excess wear and tear
- Products lost or damaged due to fire, flood or natural disaster
- Products with missing labels
Large indoor and outdoor furniture can only be returned in person to the company’s Davis Warehouse in Freeport, ME.
Can I exchange an item for a different color or size?
Yes. Call 800-441-5713 to arrange for a speedy exchange. L.L. Bean will waive the shipping fee for the new item, but you’ll still be charged $6.50 to ship the unwanted item back if you choose to use the provided prepaid label.
Are L.L. Bean returns free?
Only to L.L. Bean Mastercard holders. Otherwise, you’ll pay $6.50 if you use the company-provided return shipping label, or make your own shipping arrangements and pay all applicable shipping fees.
How do I return items to L.L. Bean?
You can return items in-store and by mail. Follow these steps to return your item by mail:
- Locate the packing slip that came with your order and fill out the required fields. If you can’t find your packing slip, look up your order online and print a new one or contact customer service for help.
- Include your packing slip, invoice or receipt inside your package along with your return item(s), using the original packaging if possible.
- Attach the prepaid return shipping label to the outside of your box.
- Drop off your package at your nearest UPS location or arrange for pickup.
L.L. Bean returns address
The correct returns address for mail-in returns will be printed on the prepaid shipping label that should have come with your package. Affix the label to the outside of the box, or copy the address to a package you’d like to mail with another carrier.
Large furniture must be returned in person to the Davis Warehouse at this address:
27 West St
Freeport, ME 04033
When’s the next sale?
L.L. Bean occasionally holds sales, especially during the holiday season. When there’s not a special sales event going on, there are still plenty of ways to save:
- Sign up for the L.L. Bean Mastercard and save 15% on your first order, plus get free shipping no matter how much you spend.
- Join the company’s email list to receive exclusive sales and offers in your inbox.
- Military members and veterans get 10% off their orders.
- Teachers and students get 10% off their orders.
- Shop the Sale page on the company’s website.
What sets this brand apart?
L.L. Bean has been in the outdoor apparel space for more than 100 years. As such, the company is involved in a variety of sustainability missions to protect and preserve the environment and also donates to several charitable organizations. For example, all new L.L. Bean stores are constructed according to the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building rating system, and all of the paper used for its catalog pages is certified to the Program for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) standard for sustainability.
L.L. Bean has also partnered with organizations such as the Appalachian Mountain Club, the Atlantic Salmon Federation, Casting for Recovery, Girl Scouts of Maine, the National Park Foundation and many others.
What do people say about this brand?
Loyal customers have been shopping at L.L. Bean for years and are still pleased with the quality of its merchandise and its return/refund policy. One customer explained that the company offered a full refund for a four-year-old jacket with a broken zipper — going above and beyond its return stipulations.
However, some longtime customers say they’ve noticed a change in merchandise quality and customer service. Some shoppers also say the old L.L. Bean Visa came with better perks than the new Mastercard.
What is L.L. Bean’s history?
After coming home from a hunting trip with cold, wet feet in 1911, Leon Leonwood Bean designed a revolutionary pair of boots with rubber bottoms and leather tops — the Main Hunting Shoe and L.L. Bean’s first product. After making a few changes to the boot based on customer advice, L.L. Bean outfitted the men in Admiral Donald MacMillan’s Arctic expedition with the famous boots a decade later.
The company continued to expand its product line, adding a lady’s department in the 1950s and taking its customer’s suggestions to heart.
Today, L.L. Bean offers many of the same iconic styles, as well as modern twists on new products. In 2016, the company’s outdoor discovery schools and adventures took off, surpassing 150,000 participants.
How can I contact customer support?
To get in touch with L.L. Bean customer service:
- Call 800-441-5713
- Complete a secure online contact form
- Live chat online
What about social media?
L.L. Bean is active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Use the hashtag #BeanOutsider on any of these platforms for a chance to have your photo featured on the brand’s page. L.L. Bean promotes a community vibe with this campaign, encouraging customers to participate in trail maintenance activities and other volunteer work to benefit the community and nature.
Why should I shop at L.L. Bean?
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
- Military, teacher and student discount. Save 15% with a validated military ID or save 10% with student or teacher verification.
- L.L. Bean Mastercard rewards. Earn free shipping and returns and Bean Bucks with purchases on your card.
- Limited free returns. Unless you’re an L.L. Bean Mastercard holder, expect to pay for returns.
This iconic brand remains and outdoor lover’s dream, with a huge selection of clothing, equipment and luggage for your adventures. If free shipping and returns are must-haves, consider applying for the L.L. Bean Mastercard.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert