Lexington Law Credit Repair service review
Offers a flexible membership, but beware of customer complaints of fraudulent charges.
Lexington Law is a law firm that specializes in credit repair
With headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah, Lexington Law has a network of 24 lawyers across 20 states. It began offering credit repair services in 1991 and claims to have helped hundreds of thousands of customers repair their credit scores. The firm offers a free personalized credit consultation and provides a choice of three tiers of service.
|Monthly fee||$89.95, $109.95 or $129.95, depending on the service tier you select|
|Fee to access credit report||None|
|Free credit consultation||Yes|
|Years in business||30|
|Customer service||Call 855-821-3691 or email at email@example.com|
Features and benefits
Lexington Law suggests that most of its clients see significant results within four months of using its service. Here are a few other benefits to using Lexington Law’s credit repair service:
- Tiered service. Choose between three different tiers of service, depending on your budget and credit repair needs.
- Free credit reports. Receive access to your credit reports with Lexington Law’s free credit consultation.
What to watch out for
Lexington Law’s customizable levels of service and free credit reports are appealing perks, but be on the lookout for these potential drawbacks:
- High prices. Lexington Law’s prices range from $89.95 to $129.95 monthly, which is higher than many of its competitors.
- No guarantees. As with all credit repair services, there’s no guarantee that Lexington Law can improve your credit score.
How long Lexington Law takes to improve your credit depends on a few factors
Everyone’s credit is unique. The process of improving credit is affected by a number of factors, including your personal credit history and how long it takes for creditors to respond.
On its site, Lexington Law suggests that a majority of its customer see 24% of their negative credit report entries removed within four months. But the firm makes it clear that it can’t make any guarantees to improve your credit within a certain length of time.
How much does it cost?
|Concord Standard ($89.95/month)||Concord Premier ($109.95/month)||PremierPlus ($129.95/month)|
|Credit inquiry assistance|
|Personalized score analysis|
|Credit report coach|
|TransUnion credit monitoring|
|Cease and desist letters|
|FICO score tracker|
|ID fraud monitoring|
|Personal finance tools|
Lexington Law reviews and complaints
Credit repair services have been under fire in the past for predatory business practices. Before you select a service provider, do your research to make sure your credit is in good hands.
As of April 2022, here’s what we learned about Lexington Law through online reviews:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB). Lexington Law is not an accredited business with the BBB and has a C- rating. There are more than 745 customer complaints, with a majority of individuals citing that despite canceling service with Lexington Law, they continued to have their account charged for the monthly membership fee.
- Trustpilot. Lexington Law receives a TrustScore of 4.2 out of 5 from Trustpilot. Some positive reviews come from customers satisfied with the improvement of their credit score.
- Legal trouble. On May 21, 2018, a RICO suit was filed against Lexington Law on behalf of Ad Astra Recovery Services. The company was accused of predatory and fraudulent practices by sending false credit dispute letters to creditors with the intention of deceiving the collectors. The matter has yet to be resolved.
Lexington Law customer service is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 855-340-2382. You can also visit a Lexington Law office in person with business hours that vary by state.
Lexington Law offers its services in the following states:
- New York
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
There is no guarantee your credit score will be improved
In accordance with the Credit Repair Organization Act, no credit repair service can claim any guaranteed improvement of your credit score. This statute was put into place to ensure potential customers are given fair, honest information to help them make an informed decision.
While Lexington Law can’t make any guarantees involving the improvement of your credit, it does suggest on its site that many of its customers see a rise in their credit scores within four months of using its service.
How to sign up
To sign up with Lexington Law’s credit repair services, follow these steps.
- Go to Lexington Law’s website and choose Sign Up Online.
- Enter your full name, phone number and address. Select Go to Step 2.
- Select the tier of credit repair service you want. Hit Go to Step 3.
- Confirm payment and agree to the terms and conditions.
How to cancel with Lexington Law
Cancel your service with Lexington Law at any time by calling 800-341-8441.
Compare Lexington Law with other credit repair services
Select the tabs to toggle between credit repair services and credit report services. Compare credit repair by monthly fee, BBB rating, customer support or cancel anytime.
Compare credit reports by starting price, trial period, credit monitoring and more. To learn more about a particular service, select the Go to site button.
Lexington Law provides three tiers of service to select from and a free credit consultation. However, even its most inexpensive tier of service is pricier than many of its competitors, and the number of online customer complaints about this provider is something to be wary of.
Explore your options with other credit repair service providers before you make a decision to ensure you get the best service for your individual credit needs.
Images: Lexington Law