Lexington Law Credit Repair service review
Offers a flexible three-tiered membership, but beware of customer complaints of fraudulent charges.
What is Lexington Law?
Lexington Law is a law firm that specializes in credit repair. With headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah, it has a network of 24 lawyers across 20 states. It began offering credit repair services in 1991 and claims to have helped hundreds of thousands of customers repair their credit scores. The firm offers a free personalized credit consultation and offers a choice three tiers of service.
|Initial fee||$89.95, $109.95 or $129.95, depending on the service tier you select|
|Monthly fee||$89.95, $109.95 or $129.95, depending on the service tier you select|
|Fee to access credit report||None|
|Free credit consultation||Yes|
|Years in business||17|
|Customer service||Call 855-821-3691 or email at email@example.com|
Features and benefits
Lexington Law suggests that most of its clients see significant results within four months of using its service. Here are a few other benefits to using Lexington Law’s credit repair service:
- Friends and family discount. Receive a 50% discount off your initial setup fee if you sign up a friend or family member within 72 hours of your own sign up.
- Tiered service. You can choose between three different tiers of service, depending on your budget and credit repair needs.
- Free credit reports. Receive access to your credit reports with Lexington Law’s free credit consultation.
What to watch out for
Lexington Law’s customizable levels of service and its friends and family discount are appealing perks, but be on the lookout for these potential drawbacks:
- High prices. Lexington Law’s prices range from $89.95 to $129.95 monthly, which is higher than many of its competitors.
- No guarantees. As with all credit repair service, there’s no guarantee that Lexington Law can improve your credit score.
How long does Lexington Law take to improve my credit?
Everyone’s credit is unique. The process of improving credit is affected by a number of factors, including your personal credit history and how long it takes for creditors to respond.
On its site, Lexington Law suggests that a majority of its customer see 24% of their negative credit report entries removed within four months. But it makes it clear that it can’t make any guarantees to improve your credit within a certain length of time.
How much does it cost?
|Concord Standard ($89.95/month)||Concord Premier ($109.95/month)||PremierPlus ($129.95/month)|
|Credit inquiry assistance|
|Personalized score analysis|
|Credit report coach|
|TransUnion credit monitoring|
|Cease and desist letters|
|FICO score tracker|
|ID fraud monitoring|
|Personal finance tools|
Compare Lexington Law with other credit repair services
Lexington Law reviews and complaints
Credit repair services have been under fire in the past for predatory business practices. Before you select a service provider, do your research to make sure your credit is in good hands.
As of October 2020, here’s what we learned about Lexington Law through online reviews:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB). Lexington Law is not an accredited business with the BBB, from which it receives a No Rating (NR) status. There are more than 594 customer complaints, with a majority of individuals citing that despite canceling service with Lexington Law, they continued to have their account charged for the monthly membership fee.
- Trustpilot. Lexington Law receives a TrustScore of 3.9 out of 5 from Trustpilot. A number of the positive reviews come from customers satisfied with the improvement of their credit score.
- Legal trouble. On May 21, 2018, a RICO suit was filed against Lexington Law on behalf of Ad Astra Recovery Services. The company was accused of predatory and fraudulent practices by sending false credit dispute letters to creditors with the intention of deceiving the collectors. The matter has yet to be resolved.
Lexington Law customer service is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 855-340-2382. You can also visit a Lexington Law office in person with business hours that vary by state.
Lexington Law offers its services in the following states:
- New York
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
Is there a guarantee to fix my credit report?
In accordance with the Credit Repair Organization Act, no credit repair service can claim any guaranteed improvement of your credit score. This statute was put into place to ensure potential customers are given fair, honest information to help them make an informed decision.
While Lexington Law can’t make any guarantees involving the improvement of your credit, it does suggest on its site that many of its customers see a rise in their credit scores within four months of using its service.
How do I sign up?
- Go to Lexington Law’s website and click Sign Up Online.
- Enter your full name, phone number and address. Click Go to Step 2.
- Select the tier of credit repair service you want. Click Go to Step 3.
- Confirm payment and agree to the terms and conditions.
How do I cancel with Lexington Law?
You can cancel your service with Lexington Law at any time by calling 800-341-8441.
Lexington Law provides three tiers of service to select from alongside a friends and family discount and a free credit consultation. However, even its most inexpensive tier of service is pricier than many of its competitors and the number of online customer complaints about this provider is something to be wary of.
Explore your options with other credit repair service providers before you make a decision to ensure you get the best service for your individual credit needs.
Images: Lexington Law