ECU Platinum Preferred Visa® Credit Card review
This card’s fixed 9.90% purchase APR rate separates it from the rest.
- Get this card if you’re an ECU member who wants to earn rewards and save money with a low APR.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period or a signup bonus.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1x
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The ECU Platinum Preferred Visa® Credit Card lets you earn unlimited points on your purchases, but what really makes this card stand out is its low fixed APR. The card also comes with a high minimum credit line and you can even request a credit line during your application process, or at a later date.
But don’t expect to earn a signup bonus or use a 0% intro APR period.
How to apply for the ECU Platinum Preferred Visa® Credit Card
If you are an ECU member you can apply for this card by following these steps:
- Visit the Eastman Credit Union website and locate the card.
- Click Apply now.
- Check Visa Credit Card in the next section and select Platinum Preferred.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
- Fixed APR. You get a low fixed APR of 9.9%. This is generous compared to most reward credit cards that may impose an APR of up to 28%.
- Reward points. Earn at least 1x points on all of your purchases. Similar credit cards offer 1.5x points, but don’t have a low fixed APR.
- High minimum credit line. With this card, you can get a minimum of $2,500 credit line. You can request a higher credit line when filling out the application form or after you get the card. Similar cards often start from $500 credit line.
- No annual and balance transfer fees. Save money without paying an annual fee or a balance transfer fee.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus. Upon signup, you won’t get to earn any kind of bonus. Compare credit cards with bonus offers if this is a perk you value.
- No intro APR period. While this card offers one of the lowest APRs in the industry, you could still find a 0% intro APR with other cards.
Compare low APR credit cards
Consider the ECU Platinum Preferred Visa® Credit Card if you want to earn rewards on your purchases. Aside from earning points on your purchases, you get one of the lowest fixed APRs available to a credit card. Plus you get to pay fewer fees than competitor cards.
However, you won’t get a signup bonus or a 0% intro APR period. Before applying, make sure to compare credit cards to find a card that matches your needs.