You'll get TransUnion credit monitoring as part of its credit repair package, but membership is pricey.
We review the credit repair service CreditRepair.com to help you make a decision.
What is CreditRepair.com?CreditRepair.com is a credit repair service based in Seattle, Washington, with additional offices in Utah and Arizona. It focuses on trying to empower its customers to develop a healthy relationship with their credit and pursue their financial dreams.
In addition to a free personalized credit consultation for new customers, CreditRepair.com also includes TransUnion credit monitoring with its service.
|BBB rating||No Rating (NR)|
|Fee to access credit report||$14.99|
|Free credit consultation||Included in membership|
|Customer service||Call 866-268-6975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Features and benefitsCreditRepair.com claims that most of its customers see an average 40-point increase in their TransUnion credit score within four months of membership. CreditRepair.com’s service also comes with the following membership perks:
- No setup fee. Unlike many of its competitors, there’s no setup fee associated with this provider’s service.
- TransUnion credit monitoring. Offers 24/7 credit monitoring through credit reporting agency TransUnion as part of its credit repair service.
- Mobile app. Download CreditRepair.com’s mobile app to keep track of your progress on the go.
- Text and email alerts. Sign up to receive text and email alerts about changes to your credit and updates on your report.
- Personal online dashboard. Check out what moves are being made to improve your credit by logging in.
How much does it cost?
|Initial set-up fee||$0|
|Credit report fee||$14.99|
|Monthly membership fee||$99.95|
How long does CreditRepair.com take to improve my credit?
The length of time it takes to improve your credit score will depend on your individual credit situation, including the number of inaccurate marks on your record and how long it takes for your creditors to respond.
This is one of the reasons CreditRepair.com can’t guarantee you’ll see your score improve within a specific time frame. However, it does suggest that most of its customers see their scores go up by an average of 40 points within four months of using its service.
How do I sign up?
- Go to CreditRepair.com’s site and click Get Started.
- Enter your full name, home address, email address and phone number. Click Go to Step 2.
- Enter your payment information. Click Go to Confirmation.
Once you’ve submitted your payment information, a CreditRepair.com agent contacts you to help you access your credit report. You can then monitor the progress of your service through your online account or by downloading the CreditRepair.com mobile app.
How do I cancel with CreditRepair.com?
To cancel your service with CreditRepair.com, call 800-232-6499 on a weekday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET or Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
What to watch out for
While credit monitoring and online account access help keep you in the loop, CreditRepair.com’s service isn’t without its pitfalls:
- High prices. While CreditRepair.com’s service offers more features than most, its monthly membership fee is high compared to its competitors.
- Credit report fee. Some credit repair services include your credit report fee in the cost of your membership, but CreditRepair.com charges $14.99 to pull your credit report.
- No guarantees. Like all other credit repair services, CreditRepair.com can’t guarantee that your credit score will improve.
Compare CreditRepair.com with other credit repair services
Is CreditRepair.com legit?
Many are wary of getting involved with a credit repair service, as these companies have been criticized in the past for false advertising.
We dug up some information about CreditRepair.com’s online reputation. Here’s what we found:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB). CreditRepair.com is not an accredited business with the BBB, from which it receives a No Rating status. Customers report that CreditRepair.com’s alert system helps them stay on top of changes to their credit, but criticize a drawn-out cancellation process that often results in excess membership charges.
- Trustpilot. As of July 2018, it receives a TrustScore of 8.4 out of 10. Customer reviews are mixed, with some complaining of long customer service wait times and others pleased with their improved credit scores.
- Legal trouble. The BBB reports that on September 6, 2017, it contacted CreditRepair.com about unconfirmed claims listed on its site regarding improved credit score. The false claims have since been removed in compliance with the BBB Code of Advertising.
You can reach CreditRepair.com’s customer service by emailing email@example.com or by calling 855-255-0263. Its customer service reps are available weekdays from 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. ET, Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET.
Online reviews suggest that wait times to reach customer service can sometimes be more than 90 minutes.
Is there a guarantee to fix my credit report?
No credit repair service can guarantee an improvement to your credit score as per the Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA) of 1996. The CROA was enacted to prevent the predatory business practices and false advertising schemes often used by credit repair companies in the past.
While CreditRepair.com suggests many of its customers see an improvement to their credit score, it can’t make any promises.
Bottom lineCreditRepair.com offers a number of appealing perks for those looking to better their credit scores, including credit monitoring, text and email alerts and a convenient mobile app. However, it’s more expensive than its competitors and will charge you a fee to retrieve your credit reports.
Before you select a service, explore your credit repair options to make sure you get the service that best fits your individual credit needs.