If you have bad or no credit history, access a credit line of $200 to $5,000 with Primor Secured Credit Cards.
While interest rates are fixed and vary by card, the total you put down for your FDIC-Insured Savings Deposit will equal your credit limit.
What types of Primor cards does Berkshire Bank offer?
Primor Secured Credit Cards are issued by Berkshire Bank in Mercerville, New Jersey. The company is an FDIC member. Berkshire Bank issues four main Primor Secured Credit Cards:
- Primor Secured MasterCard Classic Card. 13.99% APR with a $39 annual fee.
- Primor Secured Visa Classic Card. 13.99% purchase APR with a $39 annual fee.
- Primor Secured MasterCard Gold Card. 9.99% purchase APR with a $49 annual fee.
- Primor Secured Visa Gold Card. 9.99% purchase APR with a $49 annual fee.
All Primor Secured Credit Cards charge a $29 fee for returned and late payments. And like most credit cards, these cards offer an interest-free payment period of up to 25 days. The minimum interest charge is $1.
Because these cards are secured, you are required to put down a savings deposit that will become your credit line.
How to apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card with Berkshire Bank
The fast, easy application process begins by visiting Berkshire Bank’s website:
- Find the landing page for the Primor Secured Credit Card you want to apply for.
- Enter your personal information.
- Enter your Social Security number and income.
Once you’ve completed your application, Berkshire Bank will contact you with a decision.
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
What do I need to apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card?
To apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information, including email address.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number
- Proof that your monthly income exceeds your monthly expenses by $100.
For eligibility, you can’t hold more than one open credit card with Berkshire Bank.
If you need a credit card but feel trapped by your credit score, a Primor Secured Credit Card could be a helpful solution. Berkshire Bank doesn’t require a credit check, and each Primor Card reports to three credit bureaus — a boon to your credit history.
However, before you settle on a Primor Secured Credit Card, check out other secured credit cards in the industry.
Frequently asked questions
Do Primor Secured Credit Cards offer rewards?
No, these cards do not offer reward or cash-back programs. Instead, they’re simple cards to help cardholders build credit.
To get a Primor Secured Credit Card, will I need a savings account?
Yes, you will need to open a personal savings deposit account to secure a credit line.
What is the cash advance fee?
For cash advances, you can expect to pay $5 or 5% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater.
Can I use this card for balance transfers?
No, these cards don’t allow for balance transfers.
Can I increase my credit limit?
Yes. To increase your credit limit, you’ll need to add funds in $50 increments to your security deposit. However, will also have to pay a $49 credit line increase fee.
Is there a minimum credit score required for approval?
The application process does not a require a credit check. You can be approved with bad, limited or no credit history.
How much is the fee to get an additional card?
Berkshire Bank’s replacement card fee is $29.
What is the foreign transaction fee for the cards?
The foreign transaction fee for Primor Secured Credit Cards is 3%.