AccountNow prepaid debit cards offer guaranteed approval and no minimum balance requirement
If you have bad credit and can’t get a credit card but would like the benefit of accessing your funds online, AccountNow might be the solution for you. Or maybe you are listed in the ChexSystems and are unable to open a checking account. AccountNow prepaid cards are an alternative to traditional checking accounts or check-cashing services, and work in a similar way to bank-issued debit cards. You can load money onto your prepaid card, make purchases anywhere that Visa is accepted, and withdraw cash from an ATM. AccountNow claims that in comparison to check-cashing services, you can save more than $250 a year using an AccountNow prepaid card.
AccoutNow cards are NOT credit cards. They do not provide a line of credit. You load your own money onto the card, either through direct deposit, a third party service or in person at a retail location, and then you can access the funds through your AccountNow card.
Compare AccountNow prepaid cards
Types of AccountNow prepaid cards
If you regularly use check-cashing services because you don’t have a bank account, all AccountNow prepaid cards offer an alternative that could save you money while providing the convenience of a bank-issued debit card. Cardholders instantly get their account number when signing up, and every card works in a similar way to a debit card. Both of the two cards are re-loadable, and can be loaded by direct deposit or third-party transfer services. Explore the two AccountNow prepaid cards here:
- AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card. With this card, you can expect a $4.95 activation fee. The AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card is a convenient alternative to a checking account, without a credit check.
- AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card. A $9.95 monthly fee is charged to maintain the card’s services. You don’t have to worry about a minimum balance requirement, and you are guaranteed approval with successful identification verification.
- Acceptance rate. Everyone who applies is accepted for an AccountNow prepaid card. The company has a 100% approval rate for those with successful ID verification. It does not matter if you have bad credit, or no credit history at all. You can even get a card if you have a poor banking history, or have received a negative report from ChexSystems.
- Safe. AccountNow prepaid cards are safer than cash since you are protected against fraud with the Visa Zero Liability policy. This means that you are not liable for unauthorized purchases. All deposits are FDIC insured through the issued bank.
- Money-saving. Since the card is prepaid, you can save money by not having to worry about check-cashing fees or late or overdraft fees. You also don’t have to pay for postage or money orders.
- Loadable. You can easily link up your direct deposit paycheck to the card, and add cash at 135,000 locations. You can even have your tax refund direct deposited onto the card.
- Discounts and rewards. With qualifying direct deposit and referral bonuses, you can earn a $15 bonus.
- Send money online. You can choose to send money to anyone or pay your bills easily online. Your account is fully accessible online.
- Easy use. AccountNow prepaid cards are accepted anywhere that takes Visa. You can also withdraw cash from ATMs that accept Visa cards.
- Direct deposit. If you sign up for direct deposit, you can get paid up to two days earlier.
- No credit check. When applying for a card, you don’t have to worry about credit checks.
What to watch out for
- Many fees. Almost ALL of AccoutNow’s services come with a fee. Here is a sample of some of the fees you might be charged depending on your specific card:
|Visa purchases (using your signature):||$1 per transaction|
|Debit purchases (using your PIN):||$1 per transaction|
|ATM withdrawal:||$2.50 per transaction|
|Balance inquiry at ATM:||$1.50 per transaction|
|Reload at a retail location:||$4.95|
- Poor ratings. AccountNow doesn’t have a stellar rating with the BBB or Consumer Affairs. Customer complaints mostly revolve around missing money, unexpected fees or deposits not posting to customer accounts.
- Poor customer service. Customer service is not great, and it might be hard to get someone on the phone who can help. Keep this in mind if you pursue a card through AccountNow.
How to Apply
Applying for a card is easy, and AccountNow guarantees 100% approval. You will need to meet the following simple eligibility requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old to get an AccountNow prepaid card. Some states require you to be older, depending on the state’s minimum age.
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or legal resident living in the U.S.
Required documents & information:
- Your name and residential address
- Your email address and phone number
- Your birth date and Social Security number
- You will also be asked whether your employer or benefits provider offers direct deposit
Frequently asked questions
How can I start an AccountNow prepaid card account?
You can sign up for an account online or by phone. Applying is quick and easy.
How long will it take to get my card?
Once you sign up, you can expect your card within five to seven business days. For an extra fee, you can have it expedited and delivered in three days.
Is there a minimum balance requirement?
No, there is no minimum balance requirement to maintain your AccountNow prepaid account.
Does AccountNow provide monthly bank statements?
Yes, monthly statements are provided, often for an additional fee, depending on your specific card. Check the cardholder agreement.
Are these credit cards?
No, AccountNow prepaid cards are not credit cards. Instead, the available money depends on how much you decide to load onto the card from your prepaid card account.
Are there any deals for referring friends?
Yes. If you refer a friend and they sign up within 90 days of the referral, you can receive up to a $20 bonus. For the bonus to be valid, the referred friend must load at least $10 onto their card within 60 days of the account opening date.
How can I best use the card to purchase gas?
When purchasing gas, make sure to take your AccountNow prepaid card into the store and use it as a “debit” card. If you swipe at the pump, you may receive a hold of $125 or more, for up to five business days.
What if I want to cancel my card?
It is completely free to cancel your card.