AccountNow Prepaid Cards offer a guaranteed approval, no overdraft or check fees, and no minimum balance requirement.
If you have bad or no credit history, an AccountNow Prepaid Card could help you manage your money. These checking account alternatives work in a similar way to bank-issued debit cards. You can load money up on your prepaid card, make purchases simply, and withdraw cash from ATMs. AccountNow claims that in comparison to check cashing services, you can save more than $500 a year using an AccountNow Prepaid Card.
Compare AccountNow Prepaid Debit Cards
Types of AccountNow Prepaid Cards
If you want quick access to your money, and if you are tired of rigorous credit checks, you can explore one of the three AccountNow Prepaid Cards. Cardholders instantly get their account number when signing up, and every card works in a similar fashion to a debit card. Each of the three cards are pre and reloadable, and can be loaded by direct deposit or third party transfer services.
AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card.
With this card, you can expect a $4.95 activation fee. The AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card is a convenient alternative to a checking account, and you can choose to load up the card with the money amount of your choice.
AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card.
A $9.95 fee is charged monthly to maintain the card’s services. You don’t have to worry about a minimum balance requirement, and there is guaranteed approval with successful identification verification.
AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard.
This card comes with a $4.95 activation fee. The AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard can be a helpful way to stay on budget, and there are no monthly, annual, or direct deposit fees.
- Acceptance rate. Everyone who applies is accepted for an AccountNow Prepaid Card. The company has a 100% approval rate for those with successful ID verification. It does not matter if you have bad credit, or no credit history at all. You can even get a card if you have poor banking history, or are on the ChexSystems.
- Safe. AccountNow Prepaid Cards are safer than cash since you are protected against fraud with the Visa Zero Liability policy. This means that you are not liable for unauthorized purchases. All deposits are FDIC insured through the issued bank.
- Money-saving. Since the card is prepaid, you can save money by not having to worry about check-cashing, late, direct deposit, or overdraft fees. You also don’t have to pay for postage, or money orders.
- Loadable. You can easily link up your direct deposit paycheck to the card, and add cash at 135,000 locations. You can even direct deposit your tax refund onto the card.
- Discounts and rewards. With qualifying direct deposit and referral bonuses, you can earn a $15 bonus.
- Send money online. You can choose to send money to anyone, or pay your bills easily online. Your account is fully accessible online.
- Easy use. The AccountNow Prepaid Cards are accepted anywhere that takes Visa. You can also withdraw cash from ATMS that accept Visa cards.
- Direct deposit. If you sign up for direct deposit, you can get paid up to two days earlier.
- No credit check. When applying for a card, you don’t have to worry about credit checks.
What to watch out for
- AccountNow doesn’t have a stellar rating with BBB or Consumer Affairs. Customer complaints mostly revolve around money missing, unexpected fees or deposits not posting to customer accounts.
- Customer service is not great and it might be hard to get someone on the phone who can help. Keep this in mind if you pursue a card through AccountNow.
- Each card has quite a few fees associated with it beyond the activation or monthly service fee. Keep this in mind as you load your card, use ATMs or need to request a replacement.
How to Apply
Applying for a card is easy, and AccountNow guarantees 100% approval. You will need to meet the following simple eligibility requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old to get an AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card. Some states require you to be older, depending on the state’s majority age.
- Applicants must also be a US citizen, or legal alien living in the US or District of Columbia.
Required documents & information:
- Your name and residential address
- Your email address and phone number
- Your birthdate and social security number
- You will also be asked whether or not your employer or benefits provider offers direct deposit
Frequently asked questions
How can I start an AccountNow Prepaid Card account?
You can sign up for an account simply online, or by phone. Applying is quick and easy.
How long will it take to get my card?
Once you sign up, you can expect your card within five to seven business days. For an extra fee, you can have it expedited and delivered in three days.
Is there a minimum balance requirement?
No, there is no minimum balance requirement to maintain your AccountNow Prepaid account.
Does AccountNow provide monthly bank statements?
Yes, monthly statements are provided for no extra cost.
Are these credit cards?
No, the AccountNow Prepaid Cards are not credit cards. Instead, the available money depends on how much you decide to load onto the card from your prepaid card account.
Are there any deals for referring friends?
Yes. If you refer a friend and they sign up within 90 days of the referral, you can receive a $20 bonus. For the bonus to be valid, the referred friend must load at least $10 onto their card within 60 days of the account opening date.
How can I best use the card to purchase gas?
When purchasing gas, make sure to take your AccountNow Prepaid Card into the store and use it as a “debit” card. If you swipe at the pump, you may receive a hold of $125 or more, for up to five business days.
What if I want to cancel my card?
It is completely free to cancel your card.