Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare credit cards with rewards on streaming services
Earn bonus rewards or statement credits for select online subscriptions.
Updated . What changed?
Best credit cards for streaming rewards
As more people are staying inside due to the pandemic, streaming services are becoming a more common rewards category offered by credit cards. Here are some of our favorite credit card picks for earning cash back or statement credits for streaming services.
Quick look at best credit cards for streaming rewards
- Best card for rewards on multiple streaming services: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Best flexible rewards card for streaming: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
- Best travel card for streaming rewards: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Best dining card for streaming: U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
Best card for rewards on multiple streaming services
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Min. credit score
- Rewards. Earn 6% back at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases each year, and 1% after that. Get 6% back on select streaming services. Get 3% back at gas stations and transit purchases, and 1% back on everything else.
- Welcome offer. Earn $250 cash back when you spend $1,000 on purchases in your first 3 months of account opening.
- Intro APR. Enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases you make for the first 12 months. After, your APR reverts to 13.99% to 23.99% variable.
- Annual fee. You'll pay $95 annually to use this card after your intro year.
- No balance transfer capabilities. Amex recently removed this card's ability to perform balance transfers.
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 13.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Welcome offer||$250 after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||6% on select US streaming services, 3% on transit and US gas stations, 6% at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 annually, then 1% after that and on all other purchases|
Best flexible rewards card for streaming
U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Min. credit score
- Earn rewards. Earn 5% cash back on up to $2,000 each quarter you activate in combined purchases in two categories of your choice, after that you get 1% back. You also earn 2% back on one category like gas or groceries, and 1% back on everything else you buy.
- Welcome offer. Get a $200 cash back bonus after spending $500 in your first 90 days of card membership.
- Intro APR. This card comes with a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for the first 12 months following your account opening for transfers completed within 60 days of card membership, reverting to a variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99%.
- Rewards require enrollment. To take advantage of the card's rewards, you'll need to remember to enroll each quarter.
- Foreign transaction fees. You'll pay a $2 fee on purchases made abroad.
|Purchase APR||13.99% to 23.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 13.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||$200 after spending $500 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||5% on up to $2,000 each activated quarter on two categories combined (1% after), 2% on one everyday category and 1% on all other purchases|
Best travel card for streaming rewards
Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Min. credit score
Points welcome offer
- Rewards. Earn 3x points on dining, fuel, rideshares and transit, flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals, and popular streaming services. On everything else earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months.
- Intro APR. Enjoy a 0% intro APR. After the intro period passes, your rate reverts to a variable 14.49% to 24.99%.
- No transfer capabilities. The Propel doesn't offer travel partners for point transfer opportunities.
- Low minimum credit line. The lowest credit line you can receive with this card is $1,500, which is lower than the average of $5,000.
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 14.49% to 24.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 14.49% to 24.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||20,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||3x points on dining, gas, transit, travel and streaming and 1x points on all other purchases|
Best dining card for streaming
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
Min. credit score
Points welcome offer
- Rewards. Earn 4x points on dining, including takeout, delivery and even bars. Earn 2x points at grocery stores, for grocery delivery and select streaming services and at gas stations. Earn 1x points on everything else.
- Welcome offer. Earn 25,000 points after you spend $1,000 in your first 90 days of account opening.
- No annual fee. You won't pay an annual fee to use this rewards card.
- Excellent score required. You'll need an excellent credit score to qualify for this card.
- No entertainment category. This card lacks an entertainment category, something a few competing cards possess.
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first months (then 14.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first months (then 14.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||25,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||4x points on takeout, food delivery and dining, 2x points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, select streaming services and gas stations, 1x points on all other purchases|
We compared credit cards with rewards and benefits toward streaming services, and we selected the cards that offered the best combination of these perks.
What's in this guide?
- Best credit cards for streaming rewards
- Which credit cards offer rewards for streaming services?
- How to choose a credit card for streaming services
- What does the best credit card for streaming services look like?
- Compare credit cards with streaming service perks
- Should I get a credit card for streaming services?
Which credit cards offer rewards for streaming services?
Many providers have been adding streaming services to their credit card reward categories in recent months. These changes are largely in response to shifting spending brought on by the pandemic. While some cards offer rewards for streaming services on a short-term basis, others gained the feature permanently.
Here’s a look at the current lineup of cards that offer some form of rewards on streaming services:
|Card||Streaming perks||More information|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||Earn 6% cash back when you spend on select US streaming services. This could effectively give you Netflix rewards, as well as rewards for Hulu, Spotify, Apple Music and others.||Read review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||Earn 3x points on popular streaming services such as Apple Music, Hulu, Netflix and Spotify.||Read review|
|U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card||Earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in purchases combined each quarter in two categories of your choice, then 1%. You can choose TV, Internet and streaming services as one of those categories. Merchants include Hulu, Netflix, Apple Music, Spotify and more.||Read review|
|Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card||Though it doesn’t technically possess a streaming category, Amazon Prime does possess a streaming service. Paying for your Amazon Prime membership with your card will earn you 5% back.||Read review|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card||You’ll earn 2x points on select streaming services with this everyday spending card.||Read review|
How to choose a credit card for streaming services
Most credit cards that offer rewards on streaming services cater to everyday purchases. As such, you’ll want to compare a few finer details when making your choice:
- What streaming services are included? Not all credit cards that offer rewards on streaming will cover every available service. You’ll want to check the fine print on the provider’s site to see which streaming services are eligible.
- Do you have a preferred loyalty program? You’ll find most credit cards for streaming services are plugged in to a specific rewards program. If you’re already an invested member of a particular program, you might consider choosing a card that earns you additional points for your account.
- Is the category temporary? Most reward cards don’t offer points for streaming services as a baseline category. If you want the category as a permanent feature, you’ll have to slim down your options and pick appropriately.
- What are the earning rates? Finally, you’ll want to pick a card that earns you the most points in the category you spend on most. Even if a card earns a lot of points on streaming services, you might find better value with a card that has a higher rate on a more common spending need.
What does the best credit card for streaming services look like?
While its rare to find a “best” card in the credit card market, an ideal pick will feature:
- A valuable rewards program
- Additional perks or protections
Compare credit cards with streaming service perks
For some credit cards, streaming services fall under the Entertainment bonus category.
Should I get a credit card for streaming services?
It’s hard to recommend a card based purely on it’s streaming service earning potential. Most consumers don’t spend much on streaming, so points you earn this way will likely make up a small portion of your overall rewards. We recommend prioritizing your pick based on a category that will maximize the value of your most common spending, and looking at the streaming category as a secondary bonus.
There are several credit cards that offer bonus rewards on streaming-service spending. If you have relatively low spending on streaming services, you might get more out of a general cashback credit card.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How do AutoZone rewards work?
Earn credits while taking care of your vehicle.
How do CVS rewards work?
Learn how to get up to 10% in rewards with the loyalty program at CVS.
Best store credit cards of 2021
Here are our picks for the best store cards of the year.
Best no annual fee credit cards of 2021
Our picks for the best no-annual-fee cards.
DasherDirect prepaid card review
Dashers can get instant access to earnings, plus 2% cash back at gas stations with this prepaid card.
Consumers Credit Union CD review
You need to be a member to access this credit union’s high interest rate options.
Revolut Junior card review
Current Revolut users can get a free prepaid card for their kids between the ages of 12 and 17.
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
How do Staples rewards work?
Get up to 5% back in rewards cash and free shipping.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
Ask an Expert