Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare credit cards with rewards on streaming services
Earn bonus rewards or statement credits for select online subscriptions.
Updated . What changed?
Best credit cards for streaming rewards
As more people are staying inside due to the pandemic, streaming services are becoming a more common rewards category offered by credit cards. Here are some of our favorite credit card picks for earning cash back or statement credits for streaming services.
Quick look at best credit cards for streaming rewards
- Best card for rewards on multiple streaming services: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Best luxury card for streaming: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best flexible rewards card for streaming: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
- Best travel card for streaming rewards: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Best dining card for streaming: U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
Best card for rewards on multiple streaming services: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Best luxury card for streaming: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Best flexible rewards card for streaming: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Best travel card for streaming rewards: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Best dining card for streaming: U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
We compared credit cards with rewards and benefits toward streaming services, and we selected the cards that offered the best combination of these perks.
What's in this guide?
- Best credit cards for streaming rewards
- Which credit cards offer rewards for streaming services?
- How to choose a credit card for streaming services
- What does the best credit card for streaming services look like?
- Compare credit cards with streaming service perks
- Should I get a credit card for streaming services?
Which credit cards offer rewards for streaming services?
Many providers have been adding streaming services to their credit card reward categories in recent months. These changes are largely in response to shifting spending brought on by the pandemic. While some cards offer rewards for streaming services on a short-term basis, others gained the feature permanently.
Here’s a look at the current lineup of cards that offer some form of rewards on streaming services:
|Card||Streaming perks||More information|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Until September 30, 2020, earn 10x points on select streaming services on up to $1,500 in spending.||Read review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||Until September 30, 2020, earn 5x points on select streaming services on up to $1,500 in spending.||Read review|
|Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card||Until September 30, 2020, earn 4% back on select streaming services.||Read review|
|Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card||Until September 30, 2020, earn 3% back on select streaming services.||Read review|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||Earn 6% cash back when you spend on select US streaming services. This could effectively give you Netflix rewards, as well as rewards for Hulu, Spotify, Apple Music and others.||Read review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||Earn 3x points on popular streaming services such as Apple Music, Hulu, Netflix and Spotify.||Read review|
|U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card||Earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in purchases combined each quarter in two categories of your choice, then 1%. You can choose TV, Internet and streaming services as one of those categories. Merchants include Hulu, Netflix, Apple Music, Spotify and more.||Read review|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||Until December 31, 2020, earn up to $20 per month in statement credits when you use your card to pay for qualifying US streaming subscriptions.||Read review|
|Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card||Though it doesn’t technically possess a streaming category, Amazon Prime does possess a streaming service. Paying for your Amazon Prime membership with your card will earn you 5% back.||Read review|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card||You’ll earn 2x points on select streaming services with this everyday spending card.||Read review|
How to choose a credit card for streaming services
Most credit cards that offer rewards on streaming services cater to everyday purchases. As such, you’ll want to compare a few finer details when making your choice:
- What streaming services are included? Not all credit cards that offer rewards on streaming will cover every available service. You’ll want to check the fine print on the provider’s site to see which streaming services are eligible.
- Do you have a preferred loyalty program? You’ll find most credit cards for streaming services are plugged in to a specific rewards program. If you’re already an invested member of a particular program, you might consider choosing a card that earns you additional points for your account.
- Is the category temporary? Most reward cards don’t offer points for streaming services as a baseline category. If you want the category as a permanent feature, you’ll have to slim down your options and pick appropriately.
- What are the earning rates? Finally, you’ll want to pick a card that earns you the most points in the category you spend on most. Even if a card earns a lot of points on streaming services, you might find better value with a card that has a higher rate on a more common spending need.
What does the best credit card for streaming services look like?
While its rare to find a “best” card in the credit card market, an ideal pick will feature:
- A valuable rewards program
- Additional perks or protections
Compare credit cards with streaming service perks
For some credit cards, streaming services fall under the Entertainment bonus category.
Should I get a credit card for streaming services?
It’s hard to recommend a card based purely on it’s streaming service earning potential. Most consumers don’t spend much on streaming, so points you earn this way will likely make up a small portion of your overall rewards. We recommend prioritizing your pick based on a category that will maximize the value of your most common spending, and looking at the streaming category as a secondary bonus.
There are several credit cards that offer bonus rewards on streaming-service spending. If you have relatively low spending on streaming services, you might get more out of a general cashback credit card.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert