Note: This product is no longer offered.
Enjoy the benefits of getting rewards when you travel by air using the Citi Premier Pass/ Expedia Card.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.Continue to pile up points on your Citi Premier Pass / Expedia Card card and enjoy receiving the maximum benefits and mileage reward points when you travel.
You’ll get 1.00 bonus ThankYou point for every air mile travelled from Expedia, one of the most popular travel websites around the world.
Citi PremierPass Expedia Card Review
This card has almost three times more points for air travel mileage compared with other cards of competing companies. As well, this card also offers more reward points on your everyday purchases and even on your transportation costs.
One of the special features of this card is its partnership with Google. This is the first credit card to ever use the Google’s banking app, called the Google Wallet, which will enable the cardholders to buy goods and pay their accounts using their smart phones or tablets.
Complimentary insurances available from this card
- Automatic Travel Accident Insurance. This is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Trip cancellation/trip interruption. This is a secondary coverage which is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc.
- Retail purchase protection. The Buyers Security SM coverage (limited to $500 per occurrence and $50,000 per cardholder, per year) is excess coverage and is underwritten by Triton Insurance Company.
- Auto rental insurance. The MasterRental® Insurance coverage (up to $50,000 per incident) is secondary coverage and is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc.
If you’re a frequent flyer, you may want to consider this card as there are many benefits in terms of reward points, various insurances, travel assistance and the redemption of flight rewards.
Features of the Citi Premier Pass/ Expedia Card
- Annual fee. To become a member of the Citi Premier Pass / Expedia Card you are required to pay an annual fee of $0 p.a.
- Interest rate on purchases. The interest charges are 14.99% variable, 17.99% or 22.99% which is based on your creditworthiness.
- Balance transfers. There is a balance transfer offer of to be completed within 15 months from the time you open your account.
- Rewards program. The Citi Premier Pass®/ Expedia Card offers these following rewards.
Credit statement of $100. You will receive this amount after your first entitled purchase on Expedia within 60 days after you open your account.
- Bonus ThankYou Points. You will obtain 20,000 bonus points after $2,500 purchases within the first four months after you open your account.
- Earn more points. You will get 2.00 ThankYou® Points per $1 after spending on qualified purchases, as well as after spending on purchases at gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores and more.
- Standard points earning rate. You will earn 1.00 ThankYou® Point per $1 after making purchases on other items excluded in the above mentioned categories.
How to apply for this card
- You must be at least 18 years of age. If you are married, you may apply for a separate account with Citibank.
- You must have a valid Social Security Number (SSN).
The following requirements are needed when you apply for the Citi Premier Pass / Expedia Card
- You must submit your personal details document and valid Social Security Identification card.
- You must submit documents of your annual salary, wages, other income and debts.
You will get a reply within 60 seconds after submitting your application. The response provides notice of online approval but this is basically ‘an approval in principle’ only which is based on the data you have submitted. This will be verified and its final approval will be made after your personal identity is established (this can be done in person in a branch).