Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Capital One® Platinum Credit Card vs. Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card
One unsecured card and one secured card for building credit.
The Capital One® Platinum Credit Card is an unsecured card with a $0 annual fee, aimed at those with fair credit, while the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card is a secured card with a $25 annual fee, aimed at those with poor credit. Both are credit-building cards with no signup bonus and no rewards program.
Check out all other perks and features in the table below.
Summary of card features
Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
- No annual fee
- Higher credit line after five on-time payments
- Qualify with average credit
Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card
- Build credit with reporting to credit bureaus
- Upgrade to an unsecured Wells Fargo card with responsible card use
- US residency not required
- $10,000 credit limit
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert