Bambu Finance business loans review
Merchant cash advances up to $250,000 for all credit types.
- Best for businesses with bad credit or low revenue that rely on credit card sales.
- Pick something else if you can qualify for a traditional term loan — it's likely less expensive.
Anna Serio is a trusted lending expert and certified Commercial Loan Officer who's published more than 950 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Business Insider, CNBC and the Simple Dollar feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
Bambu Finance is an online lender that offers merchant cash advances (MCAs) up to $250,000 to consumer-facing businesses. This means that instead of charging interest, Bambu charges a flat fee, starting at 14% of your loan amount.
It could be a good option if your business relies on credit card sales and has struggled to get funding due to your credit rating or revenue. However, the daily repayments could be difficult for businesses with inconsistent cash flow to handle. And you’ll likely find a better deal if you can qualify for a more traditional business loan.
Not sold on Bambu? Compare more business loan options below.
First, do I qualify?
You must meet the following requirements at a minimum to qualify for a Bambu Finance loan:
- Personal credit score of 500 or higher
- At least six months in business
- Gross monthly revenue of $15,000 or higher
- Business located in the US
What makes Bambu Finance business loans unique?
Bambu Finance offers a competitive deal when it comes to merchant cash advances (MCAs). Its factor rates start on the lower end of the spectrum at 1.14 — most companies don’t go below 1.1. However, the rate you receive likely depends on factors like your time in business, credit, revenue and credit card sales.
Compared to other types of financing, Bambu is also easy to qualify for. It claims to accept around 80% of applicants — that’s a lot higher than what you’d find at a bank or a credit union.
- Low starting rate compared to other MCAs
- Get funds in as little as 24 hours
- Low credit and revenue accepted
- High acceptance rate
- High cost compared to other types of loans
- Daily repayments
- Not transparent about all costs and repayment terms
Compare other business loan options
How do I apply?
You can apply for a merchant cash advance from Bambu Finance through its website or by calling 888-857-5772. Here’s how to get started online:
- Go to the Bambu Finance website.
- Click Apply Now at the top of the page.
- Fill out the form with basic information about yourself and your business. Click Get Started Now.
- Wait for Bambu to reach out to get started on your application.
Typically, you can receive your funds in your business’s bank account within 24 to 48 hours of signing your loan documents.
What documents do I need to apply?
Have the following documents and information on hand when you’re ready to apply:
- Social Security number
- Business tax ID
- Last month’s credit card processing statement — if applicable
- Last three months of business banking statements
How do repayments work?
Like other MCA companies, you repay Bambu Finance with a percentage of your daily credit card sales. How much and how long you have to repay the advance depends on the terms of your contract. If your business is struggling with repayments or might have a cashflow gap, reach out to customer service as soon as possible.
Learn how Bambu Finance compares to similar lenders with our guide to business loans.