Get a generous signup bonus and up to 3x points on spending with this travel card for fans of Allegiant.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you’re looking to earn points toward travel through the no-frills Allegiant Air.
- Pick something else if… you want flexibility in how you can redeem your rewards or want a card with an intro APR offer on purchases.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher recommended.
|Product Name||Allegiant World Mastercard®|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account (with whichever is greater, $10 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.24% to 26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
The Allegiant World Mastercard is part of a series of travel cards offered by Bank of America. This one comes with a $59 p.a. annual fee, but if you’re a frequent traveler on the no-frills carrier Allegiant, you can quickly rack up points, bonuses and buy-one-get-one perks for use toward airfare, hotels, car rentals and travel attractions — more than making up for its cost.
The Allegiant World Mastercard is a simple rewards card for bargain-loving travelers of this small, regional airline. In fact, it’s the only points program offered by Allegiant.
Off the bat, you can earn 15,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days after opening your account — which is equal to $150 off your next Allegiant trip with no blackout dates. Tiered spending rewards include 3x points on all air, hotel, car rental and other travel purchases through Allegiant, 2x points on qualifying dining purchases and 1x points on everyday spending.
If you’re considering transferring a balance from an existing card, this card’s intro APR on balance transfers for 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account is a great perk. But to get these benefits, you’ll pay an annual fee of $59 p.a.
Allegiant World Mastercard vs. other Bank of America travel cards
|Allegiant World Mastercard||BankAmericard Travel Rewards||Spirit Airlines World Mastercard|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.||$0 p.a.||$0 for the first year, then $59 p.a.|
|Signup bonus||15,000||20,000 points||15,000 miles|
|Earning potential||3x points for Allegiant purchases, 2x points for qualifying dining purchases, 1x points for all other purchases||Unlimited 1.5x points on all purchases||2x miles on everyday purchases|
|Redeeming rewards||Redeem awards through Allegiant.com||Redeem points for statement credit or flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars or baggage fees||Redeem awards online with Spirit|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% of the U.S. Dollar amount of each transaction made i||None||$3|
You’ll earn rewards no matter which Bank of America travel card you select. What varies is how much you pay in fees, the number of miles or points you’ll earn and how you can redeem them when you’ve earned enough to cash in.
- Annual fee. The Allegiant and Spirit Airlines cards come with annual fees of $59, whereas the BankAmericard Travel Rewards card is a no-annual-fee card.
- Verdict. While the Spirit Airlines card offers a fee waiver for the first year, if you’re looking for a true no-annual-fee travel rewards card, consider the BankAmericard Travel Rewards card.
- Signup bonus. All three cards offer signup bonuses of 15,000 to 30,000 miles or points if you meet basic spend requirements.
- Verdict. In addition to its signup bonus points, the Allegiant card offers buy-one-get-one airfare with the purchase of a vacation package from Allegiant, which could tilt the scale in its favor if you’re a frequent traveler with this airline.
- Rewards earnings. The Allegiant card offers tiered spending rewards of up to 3x points on Allegiant purchases, while the BankAmericard and Spirit Airlines cards offer higher rewards per dollar for everyday spending.
- Verdict. If you’re a frequent flier with Allegiant Air, this one’s a no-brainer: you’ll earn more points more quickly on your favorite airline.
- Signup bonus. Get 15,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 within the first 90 days after account opening.
- Tiered rewards points. 3x points on all air, hotel, car rental and other travel purchases through Allegiant, 2x points on qualifying dining purchases and 1x points on everyday spending.
- Buy-one-get-one airfare with travel packages. Get two-for-one fares when you book four or more hotel nights or seven or more car rental days on the same itinerary through Allegiant.
- Easy online redemption. Redeem your points through Allegiant.com for flight tickets, hotel rooms or car rentals. No blackout dates apply.
You’ll also like …
- Priority boarding or beverage. Carry your card for complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage every time you fly with Allegiant Air.
- Intro APR on balance transfers. Consolidate outstanding balances from other cards and pay no interest on these transfers for 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account. Offer applies on balances transferred within 60 days of account opening.
- Security and protection. This chip-enabled card comes with a $0 liability guarantee for fraudulent transactions. You can also sign up for email or text security alerts or optional overdraft protection.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. Although $59 p.a. isn’t much to pay for a travel card, the card serves no purpose if you don’t use it to earn and redeem rewards with Allegiant Air.
- Potentially high penalties. Late payments can cost you up to $38 along with a penalty APR that stays at up to 29.99% indefinitely.
Consider other cards if …
- You don’t fly with Allegiant Air. If you fly other airlines more often, consider a more flexible rewards card.
- You want cash back. Unlike other rewards cards that offer cash back, the Allegiant World Mastercard does not.
Compare other Bank of America credit cards
What to know before you apply
Apply for the Allegiant World Mastercard if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
Your chances of approval for the Allegiant World Mastercard increase with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Allegiant World Mastercard website, click Apply Now.
2. Provide your personal and financial information and click Review your information.
3. Confirm that the information is correct before submitting your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
You’ll find out about your application’s conditional approval almost as soon as you submit it online.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make payments. Register with Bank of America online to make payments toward your account balance at any time.
- Avoid interest. After each billing cycle, the bank gives you at least 25 grace days to pay off your outstanding balance. Purchases start attracting interest only after this period.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments can cost you up to $38 and $27.00, respectively. While you’ll pay no interest on balance transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account, you will pay a balance transfer fee.
- Customer service. BofA’s automated assistant Ask Jenn provides live help, or you can call customer support at 800-732-9194. Connect with BofA on Facebook or on Twitter @BankofAmerica.
The Allegiant World Mastercard is the only way for you to earn points toward travel through this no-frills, low-cost airline. If you’re looking for flexibility in redeeming your rewards, consider another travel card.