Get a generous signup bonus and up to 3.00x points on spending with this travel card for fans of Allegiant.
- Get this card if… you’re looking to earn points toward travel through the no-frills Allegiant Air.
- Pick something else if… you want flexibility in how you can redeem your rewards or want a card with an intro APR offer on purchases.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680.00 or higher recommended.
The Allegiant World Mastercard® is part of a series of travel cards offered by Bank of America. This one comes with a $99.00 annual fee, but if you’re a frequent traveler on the no-frills carrier Allegiant, you can quickly rack up points, bonuses and buy-one-get-one perks for use toward airfare, hotels, car rentals and travel attractions — more than making up for its cost.
|Product Name||Allegiant World Mastercard®|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Introductory APR for Balance Transfer||0% for the first 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account (then 17.49% to 24.49% variable)|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.49% to 26.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$15.00 or 5.00% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25.00 days|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3.00% of the transaction amount|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27.00|
|Late Payment Fee||$39.00|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0.00|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
The Allegiant World Mastercard® is a simple rewards card for bargain-loving travelers of this small, regional airline. In fact, it’s the only points program offered by Allegiant.
Off the bat, you can earn 15,000.00 bonus points after spending $1,000.00 in the first 90 days after opening your account — which is equal to $150 off your next Allegiant trip with no blackout dates. Tiered spending rewards include 3.00x points on all air, hotel, car rental and other travel purchases through Allegiant, 2.00x points on qualifying dining purchases and 1.00x points on everyday spending.
If you’re considering transferring a balance from an existing card, this card’s 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account is a great perk. But to get these benefits, you’ll pay an annual fee of $99.00.
Allegiant World Mastercard® vs. other Bank of America travel cards
|Allegiant World Mastercard®||Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card||Spirit Airlines World Mastercard®|
|Annual fee||$99.00||$0.00||$0.00 annual fee for the first year ($59.00 thereafter)|
|Signup bonus||15,000.00 Points||20,000.00 Points||15,000.00 Miles|
|Earning potential||3.00x Points for Allegiant purchases, 2.00x Points for qualifying dining purchases, 1.00x Points for all other purchases||1.50x Points on all purchases||2.00x Miles on everyday purchases|
|Redeeming rewards||Redeem awards through Allegiant.com||Redeem points for statement credit or flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars or baggage fees||Redeem awards online with Spirit|
|Foreign transaction fee||3.00% of the transaction amount||None||3.00% of the transaction amount|
You’ll earn rewards no matter which Bank of America travel card you select. What varies is how much you pay in fees, the number of miles or points you’ll earn and how you can redeem them when you’ve earned enough to cash in.
- Annual fee. The Allegiant World Mastercard® cards come with annual fees of $99.00, whereas the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card card is a no-annual-fee card.
- Verdict. While the Spirit Airlines card offers a fee waiver for the first year, if you’re looking for a true no-annual-fee travel rewards card, consider the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card.
- Signup bonus. All three cards offer signup bonuses of 15,000 to 30,000 miles or points if you meet basic spend requirements.
- Verdict. In addition to its signup bonus points, the Allegiant World Mastercard® offers buy-one-get-one airfare with the purchase of a vacation package from Allegiant, which could tilt the scale in its favor if you’re a frequent traveler with this airline.
- Rewards earnings. The Allegiant World Mastercard® offers tiered spending rewards of up to [3.00x points on Allegiant purchases, while the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card and Spirit Airlines World Mastercard® offer higher rewards per dollar for everyday spending.
- Verdict. If you’re a frequent flier with Allegiant Air, this one’s a no-brainer: you’ll earn more points more quickly on your favorite airline.
Get 15,000.00 bonus points when you spend $1,000.00 within the first 90 days after account opening.
Tiered rewards points.3.00x points on all air, hotel, car rental and other travel purchases through Allegiant, 2.00x points on qualifying dining purchases and 1.00x points on everyday spending.
Buy-one-get-one airfare with travel packages.
Get two-for-one fares when you book four or more hotel nights or seven or more car rental days on the same itinerary through Allegiant.
Easy online redemption.
Redeem your points through Allegiant.com for flight tickets, hotel rooms or car rentals. No blackout dates apply.
You’ll also like …
Priority boarding or beverage.
Carry your card for complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage every time you fly with Allegiant Air.
0% intro APR on balance transfers.
Consolidate outstanding balances from other cards and pay no interest on these transfers for 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account. Offer applies on balances transferred within 60 days of account opening.
Security and protection.
This chip-enabled card comes with a $0 liability guarantee for fraudulent transactions. You can also sign up for email or text security alerts or optional overdraft protection.
What to watch out for
Although Allegiant World Mastercard® isn’t much to pay for a travel card, the card serves no purpose if you don’t use it to earn and redeem rewards with Allegiant Air.
Potentially high penalties.
Late payments can cost you up to $39.00 along with a penalty APR that stays at up to 29.99% indefinitely.
Consider other cards if …
You don’t fly with Allegiant Air.
If you fly other airlines more often, consider a more flexible rewards card.
You want cash back.
Unlike other rewards cards that offer cash back, the Allegiant World Mastercard® does not.
Compare other Bank of America credit cards
What to know before you apply
Apply for the Allegiant World Mastercard® if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
Your chances of approval for the Allegiant World Mastercard® increase with a good to excellent credit score of 680.00 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Allegiant World Mastercard® website, click Apply Now.
2. Provide your personal and financial information and click Review your information.
3. Confirm that the information is correct before submitting your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
You’ll find out about your application’s conditional approval almost as soon as you submit it online.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make payments. Register with Bank of America online to make payments toward your account balance at any time.
- Avoid interest. After each billing cycle, the bank gives you at least 25.00 grace days to pay off your outstanding balance. Purchases start attracting interest only after this period.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments can cost you up to $39.00 and $27.00, respectively. While you’ll pay no interest on balance transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates following the opening of your account, you will pay a balance transfer fee.
- Customer service. BofA’s automated assistant Ask Jenn provides live help, or you can call customer support at 800-732-9194. Connect with BofA on Facebook or on Twitter @BankofAmerica.
The Allegiant World Mastercard® is the only way for you to earn points toward travel through this no-frills, low-cost airline. If you’re looking for flexibility in redeeming your rewards, consider another travel card.