Providing quick access to your money, the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card is a convenient alternative to traditional bank accounts. You’ll find easy approval after successful ID verification. And because you’re not opening a line of credit, there’s no credit check required. Eligibility requirements are simple, and you won’t need to worry about maintaining a minimum balance.
|Product Name||AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of total transaction amount% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
The AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card is not a credit card, which means it doesn’t provide a line of credit. Instead, you load your own money onto the card through direct deposit, with a third-party service or in person at a retail storefront. You can then use your AccountNow Prepaid Visa for purchases and to access your cash at ATMs displaying the Visa logo.guara
AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card review
If you’re weary of rigorous credit checks and fees that typically come with a bank account, the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card could be a solution. Though they work like bank-issued debit cards, AccountNow prepaid cards are an alternative to checking accounts and check-cashing services. You load money onto your prepaid card to make purchases anywhere that Visa is accepted or withdraw cash from ATMs nationwide. If you typically use a check-cashing service, AccountNow claims that it can save you more than $250 a year with direct deposit of your paycheck into your AccountNow account.
Other than from a $4.95 activation fee, cardholders won’t pay fees for overdrafts, bounced checks or direct deposits. Loading your card is simple through direct deposit or third-party money transfer services.
Benefits of the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card
- Poor credit accepted. The AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card isn’t a credit card, which means it doesn’t require a credit check.
- Easy approval. Simply provide ID for successful verification — no strict financial and credit requirements.
- No traditional bank fees. You won’t pay overdraft, bounced check or monthly fees. And there are no charges for direct deposit or cash deposit.
- No minimum balance. Many checking and savings accounts require a minimum monthly balance. But the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card is free from such requirements.
What to watch out for
- Many fees. With the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card, you’ll pay a fee for nearly all offered services — including:
|Visa purchases requiring a signature||$1 per transaction|
|Debit purchases requiring a PIN||$1 per transaction|
|ATM withdrawals||$2.50 per transaction|
|Balance inquiries at ATMs||$1.50 per transaction|
|Reloads at retail locations||$4.95|
- Poor ratings. AccountNow doesn’t isn’t rated highly with the BBB. Many customers complain about missing money, unexpected fees and deposits not posting to their account.
- Poor customer service. It can be hard to get the help you need through an AccountNow representative, which could deter customers.
- Checking account alternative. The AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card is similar to a debit card in that you can withdraw cash and make purchases with it. Simply preload the card with any amount of money you choose.
- Direct deposit. Ask your employer to send your paycheck or benefits to the card through direct deposit at no charge.
- Large withdrawal network. The AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card works at more than 1 million ATMs worldwide. Or avoid ATM fees by using it as a debit card for cash back at your local grocery store.
- Protection against fraud. Cardholders are protected by Visa’s Zero Liability and are not responsible for unauthorized transactions if they’re reported within two business days. Funds on the card are also FDIC insured for up to $250,000.
How to apply for the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card
- You must be at least 18 years old or your state’s age of majority.
- You must be a US citizen or legal resident.
Required documents and information
- Your full name and residential address
- Your email address and phone number
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
- Your employer or benefits provider offering direct deposit
If you’re looking for a card with no minimum balance requirement and no credit checks, look into the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card. But before signing any contract, compare your full prepaid card options.