A gold card that allows you access to funds without a traditional checking account.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card is a debit card that offers the convenience of direct deposit without a checking account. You’ll find easy approval after simple ID verification. And because it’s not a credit card, there’s no credit check.
If you regularly use a check-cashing service, AccountNow claims it can save you $250 a year with direct paycheck deposit into your AccountNow account.
|Product Name||AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of total transaction amount% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card review
Are you looking for an alternative to a standard checking or savings account? AccountNow might have a streamlined solution with its Gold Visa Prepaid Card. Use this card without the worry of overdraft or bounced check fees that typically come with bank accounts. Even if you have poor, you’ll find easy approval with successful confirmation of your identity. Load funds through direct deposit or a third-party money transfer services with no minimum balance requirement.
The AccountNow Gold Visa Card is not a credit card. Instead, you load your own money onto the card through direct deposit, at a third-party service or in person at a retail storefront to get started.
Benefits of the AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card
You’ll find multiple benefits over a bank account when you become an AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid cardholder.
- Poor credit accepted. Because this is a prepaid card, your credit history doesn’t matter. Any information you provide on your application is used to confirm your identity only.
- Easy approval. With the successful verification of your identity, you’re on your way to approval.
- No risk of overdraft or bounced check fees. Traditional bank accounts can come with costly fees for overdrawing an account. Not so with this card.
- No minimum balance. If you don’t have cash to load right away, that’s OK. You can keep your balance as low as you wish.
What to watch out for
- Poor ratings. AccountNow isn’t rated highly on BBB, with customers complaining about unexpected fees or missing deposits.
- Poor customer service. If you’re looking for the ability to easily speak with a representative, you may want to apply for a different card.
- Multiple fees. Many of the AccountNow Gold Visa Card’s services come with a fee. Here’s what you face with this card:
|ATM withdrawals||$2.50 per transaction|
|Balance inquiries at ATMs||$1.50|
|Reloads at retail locations||$4.95|
Why does the AccountNow Gold Card charge a monthly fee?
Unlike AccountNow’s Prepaid Visa Card, which doesn’t come with a monthly account fee, the Gold Card costs you $9.95 each month. However, the AccountNow Prepaid Visa also charges $1 each time you use the card to make a purchase, whereas the AccountNow Gold Card does not charge for transactions. If you plan on making 10 or more purchases a month, the $9.95 monthly fee could end up costing you less than the per-transaction fee of the AccountNow Prepaid Visa Card.
- Add authorized users. Get additional cards for authorized users with the right to revoke their privileges at any point.
- No minimum balance. Keep as little as you’d like on this card.
- Reloadable balance. You can reload money onto your card as much as you’d like. But keep in mind the $9.95 for reloads. The same fee is charged on the same day of each month following the first load on the card.
- ATM withdrawals. Withdraw your cash from an extensive ATM network. But note that each withdrawal comes with a $2.50 fee. Or avoid the fee by requesting cash back at a merchant when you run your card as debit and enter your PIN.
- Protection against loss. You’re not liable for unauthorized transactions as long as you report them within two business days.
How to apply for the AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card
Ready to apply for your AccountNow Gold Visa Prepaid Card? It’s easy if you meet simple eligibility criteria.
- You must be at least 18 years old or your state’s age of majority.
- You must be a US citizen or legal resident.
Required documents and information
- Your full name and residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
- In some cases, a copy of your driver’s license or other identifying documents
This prepaid card is an alternative to traditional checking accounts, with no minimum balances, credit checks or overdraft fees. But before you make your decision, compare your full range of debit cards options.