Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card vs Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Two excellent credit cards with a flat cashback rate on all purchases.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® and the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card are similar, both offering the same cashback rate on all purchases. However, with the recent changes, Chase Freedom Unlimited® has gotten a slightly higher signup bonus, plus you get to earn 5% back at grocery stores on up to $12,000 for the first year, and 5% back on Lyft rides until March 31, 2022.
This gives the Chase Freedom Unlimited® card a massive reward value over the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card.
Summary of card features
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
- No annual fee
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back
- Earn 1.8% cashback for the first 12 months if you use the Android Pay or Apple Pay mobile wallet
- Sign up bonus of $ when you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and an impressive 1.5% on all other purchases.
- Get a signup bonus of $200 after you spend $500 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- You'll also earn 5% cash back at grocery stores on up to $12,000 in the first year (then 1.5%).
- Don't pay an annual fee.
Compare similar credit cards
Ask an Expert