Leisure Guard travel insurance review
Can Leisure Guard provide you with the right level of cover for your next trip?
Who is Leisure Guard Travel?
Leisure Guard are an insurance company with travel at it its core—quite literally—they’re housed in Bristol airport! They’re a trading style of Business Brokers ltd. and insure everything from caravans to holiday cancellations.
What are my cover options with Leisure Guard travel insurance?
Leisure guard have loads of options for their travel insurance customers, with the ability to customise your policy to no end. It’s insurance can provide:
- Up to £20,000,000 medical emergency & Repatriation cover
- Up to £10,000 cancellation & curtailment cover
- Up to £3,000 cover for your personal possessions
- Cover for loads of activities; including Snorkelling, Water-Skiing, Cycling, Golf, Fishing, Surfing and more
- 24hr emergency helpline in place should you need us while on your trip
But what you get depends on what kind of holiday you’re going on, so check out some of their additional extras and tailored travel options.
- Maximum of 183 days abroad in the year
- Unlimited number of holidays
- Up to 31 consecutive days abroad per holiday, but this can be increased at an additional cost.
- Ski, ski equipment and ski pass loss cover of up to £2,000
- Ski equipment delay, giving you £20 per day, up to a maximum of £200
- Piste closure cover, giving £20 per day, up to a maximum of £240
- Avalanche or landslide cover of £20 per day, up to a maximum of £240
What is my excess?
The ‘excess’ is the amount you’ll be expected to contribute to your insurer in the event of a claim.
Leisure Guard offer ‘excess waivers’ as an optional extra, meaning you may not have to pay the excess at all if you pay the extra for this ad-on.
The amount of your excess you have to pay will depend on which policy level you have and the nature of your claim. Make sure to check your policy schedule where your excess details will be shown in detail.
What is the claims process for Leisure Guard Travel?
Leisure guard claims are administered by Global Assistance, so to claim you will need to get one of their claims forms, which you can get by calling 00 44 (0) 343 658 0345 or emailing email@example.com
This is different for gadget related claims, which have to go through Trent-Services Ltd on 01285 626020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leisure Guard pros and cons
- Very customisable, with three coverage bands as well as add-ons and extras.
- A number of pre-existing medical conditions covered as standard.
- No excess on anything for their Premier PLUS customers.
- Low maximum payouts for delays.
- With standard cover you will probably want extra add-ons, which will cost more.
- Limited time with their winter sports add-on (17 days).
More guides on Finder
Motor legal protection
We explain what motor legal expenses insurance does and doesn’t cover, and when you might need it.
Testing For All review: Private COVID-19 tests for travel
We reviewed Testing For All’s COVID tests for travel. Check out prices, speed, refund policies and what customers say about the service.
Eurofins review: Private COVID-19 tests for travel
Check our review of Eurofins COVID-19 tests for travel, including price and what customers say about the service.
Solidi review 2022
Find out if Solidi is the right crypto exchange for you in our review.
Collinson review: Private COVID-19 testing for travel
Check out Collinson’s range of travel tests, what its customers think and how quickly it can turn around your results and certificate.
Motorhome breakdown cover
Looking for the ideal breakdown cover for your motorhome? Use our comprehensive guide to find out what you need to get a quote.
Project Screen by Prenetics review: Private COVID-19 testing for travel
We reviewed Project Screen, a government-listed COVID test provider which offers a full range of PCR and lateral flow travel testing services.
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.