Coverwise provide travel insurance across the continent, and are committed to providing products that suit the requirements of their customers and a high level of customer service. If you’re planning a trip away, Coverwise could be the insurance provider for you.
Continue reading to find out more about the insurance provider and its policies.
Coverwise Travel Insurance
- Up to £20,000,000 worth of medical emergency cover
- Single trip policies for under £5
- 24/7 medical assistance
- Annual holiday insurance, ski insurance or single trip travel insurance policies
- Choose from standard, bronze, silver, gold or platinum policy levels
Who is Coverwise?
Coverwise is an international general insurance intermediary. They work with a number of different insurance companies in order to best match insurance policies with the needs of their customers.
One of the company’s goals is to provide products that suit your needs, and to deliver a high level or support should you need to claim.
What are my cover options?
Coverwise offer a range of insurance products, as well as the option to customise your policy. You’ll be sure to find a policy that suits your needs.
The Single Trip insurance policy is designed for one-off trips, and can be tailored to suit your needs.
Features of the policy include:
- Cover for trips up to 90 day long
- Cover up to the age of 75
- Worldwide cover
The Annual Multi Trip travel insurance allows you to go on as many trips as you like within a year.
Features of the policy include:
- As many trips up to 31 days in length as you like
- Cover for ages up 65
- 24/7 emergency medical cover
All Coverwise travel insurance policies cover business trips so you don’t need to take out a specialised business policy.
Your cover includes:
- Emergency medical treatment or repatriation
- A Coverwise Gold or Platinum policy will provide cover for a replacement employee allowing a colleague to attend the pre-booked meeting on your behalf.
- Trip cancellation
Coverwise allow optional extras on their policies, so you can tailor it to suit your needs. These include:
- Winter sports cover
- Travel disruption
What level of cover should I get?
Coverwise offer five different levels of cover for its policies. Cover limits generally increase as you move from Coverwise’ basic standard cover to the more comprehensive platinum cover and excess fees decrease. Below we have listed what’s covered under the different cover levels:
What exclusions are there?
Like any other insurance provider, Coverwise travel insurance comes with a list of general exclusions. These include but are not limited to the below:
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- War risks, civil commotion and terrorism
- Radioactive contamination
- Sonic bangs
- Professional sports or entertaining
- Suicide, drug use or solvent abuse.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Jumping from vehicles, buildings or balconies.
- Unlawful action
- Armed Forces
- Travelling against FCO or WHO advice
- Any other loss, damage or additional expense after the event you are claiming for
- Your participation at a training camp
- Loss, theft of or damage to valuables left unattended at any time unless in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or in locked accommodation
What is my excess?
An excess is the amount of money you contribute to each claim you make before Coverwise will pay out.
The amount of your excess you have to pay will depend on which policy you have decided to go with and the nature of your claim. Coverwise’ Gold and Platinum level policies tend to have a lower excess when compared to the cheaper and more basic standard policy. Make sure to check your policy schedule where your excess details will be shown in detail.
What is the claims process?
To ensure that your claim is registered correctly please contact the AXA Travel Insurance claims office on 0330 024 8315. Their normal office opening hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00. The agent that you speak to will collect relevant information from you and advise you of any actions that you need to take.
In the event of a medical emergency, contact AXA Travel Insurance on +44 (0)203 126 4042 as soon as possible, they are available 24/7/365.
Coverwise pros and cons
- Affordable cover with the Coverwise Standard cover.
- Optional extras including Winter sports and travel disruption cover.
- Cover for families and business trips.
- 24-hour medical helpline.
- Limited coverage with basic policies.
- The Coverwise website isn’t particularly clear – making it harder to compare policies.
. When making a big financial decision, it's wise to consider getting independent financial advice, and always consider your own financial circumstances when comparing products so you get what's right for you.