Compare forex trading platforms
Take a closer look at UK forex brokers and find the right one for you.
Compare forex trading options
What does forex mean?
‘Forex’ is short for foreign exchange. The foreign exchange uses exchange rates to calculate the value of one currency against another.
For example, the exchange rate between GBP and USD isLoading GBPUSD rate
. This means that for every £1 you can get $Loading GBPUSD rate
. This also shows that the pound is worth more than the US dollar.
What is forex trading?
Forex trading pairs two currencies together, with the trader predicting which will be worth more after a given period. The two currencies are referred to as the base currency and the counter currency.
After you’ve set up an account you’ll be able to browse for shares to buy. You can select to purchase shares based on quantity, or based on value. Once you’ve purchased your shares, they will appear in your portfolio.
It goes without saying that online share trading platforms need to make money. The main way they do this is through various fees and charges.
Here’s a list of some of the ones to look for:
- Account fee: This charge might be monthly or annually.
- Inactivity fee: Some platforms will charge you if you stop trading, but this is a decreasing trend as more providers compete for customers.
- Price per trade: This is what it sounds like. The more often you trade, the more likely you’ll get a discount on this.
- Stamp duty: UK shares incur 0.5% stamp duty.
How do I choose the right platform?
When deciding on a share dealing broker/platform, keep in mind the following:
- How regularly you plan on buying and selling shares
- How much you want to spend on shares
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Spreadex forex trading Looking to start trading? See what Spreadex, one of the UKs leading spread betting companies could offer you!
3D Markets Forex Trading 3D Markets specialises in simplified online trading, competitive pricing and excellent market access. See if 3D Markets are the right partner for your trading journey now.