Airedale Terrier Pet Insurance
Find out everything you need to know about insuring your Airedale Terrier.
Many consider the Airedale Terrier as the King of the Terriers due to their size, so it’s no surprise if you treat your Airedale Terrier like royalty. They are cheeky, affectionate, intelligent and a great addition to any household.
They are a generally healthy breed, but they do have the potential suffer with their joints. Check out our guide for everything you need to know about insuring your Airedale Terrier and avoid paying a fortune on vet fees.
What is the best type of insurance for your Airedale Terrier?
A maximum benefit would be a worthwhile investment for your Airedale. With this policy, you are able to claim more than once for a condition, and there is no time limit on new conditions. However, be aware that there is a financial limit for each condition so it is important that you pick a policy with the ideal financial limit for your Airedale, and that you are prepared to cover the cost of any future treatments.
Average pet insurance cost for an Airedale Terrier
To provide you with an average figure of how much it may cost to insure your Airedale Terrier, we ran a number of quotes from a selection of pet insurance companies. Our results estimated that, on average, you could insure your Airedale Terrier with a maximum benefit policy for £16.71 a month, or a single annual payment of £188.57. To run these quotes we used the following pet information:
- Not chipped
- Bought for £450
- No pre-existing conditions
- Vaccinations up to date
- Non aggressive
Common health problems for Airedale Terriers
Airedale Terriers are a largely healthy breed, but there are a selection of conditions they fall vulnerable to. Whilst it is unlikely that your beloved dog will experience all of these illnesses, or any of them, it is worthwhile to be aware of them so you can factor them into your pet insurance plan.
Common health issues for Airedale Terriers include:
- Hip dysplasia
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy
Average treatments cost for Airedale Terriers
When considering a maximum benefit policy, it can be helpful to be aware of the average cost of treatments, especially for common illnesses. The table below will help when picking a policy with the right financial limit, as well as prepare you for any potential costs.
Below is a list of the average treatment costs for common illnesses:
|Health Problem||Average treatment cost|
|Progressive Retinal Atrophy||£350|
Fun facts about Airedale Terriers
- The breed originates from the Aire Valley in Yorkshire, and were used to catch otters and rats in the area between the Aire and Wharfe Rivers in the 1800s.
- Airedale Terriers were bred to hold the following characteristics: courage, intelligence, hunting ability, swimming abilities and a gentle disposition around families.
- Airedale Terriers were used by the British Army during World War I. They were used in a multitude of jobs, from acting as messengers to having medicine strapped to them and being sent into the battlefield to locate injured soldiers.
- Due to their intelligence, this breed are fast learners and pick up tricks and instructions very quickly.
Ask an Expert